Why did I sleep with you ORS?

MA2010

I attempted my first official deep conditoner treatment today.

I came home from a long night shift (I'm a nurse) and wash my hair with ORS Creamy Aloe, Nexxus Aloe Rid, and last CON for good slip.

I then applied a pack of ORS Replenish with two tablespoons of ORS Mayo, honey, and EVOO. I applied this to my wet clean hair much like you would apply a relaxer with a brush. I covered with a conditioning cap, placed a scarf on top, and went to bed.

I slept for 8hrs. I woke up washed the conditioner out and my hair was dry, stiff, hard, ugly, tangled.......:nono:

It felt like straw and I couldn't even get my fingers through the strands.

I needed to moisturize fast. I applied NTM Daily Deep Con along with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration- left that on for about 10-15 minutes and rinsed. My hair was still like "no ma'am, I need moisture!".

I could not detangle in the shower. My hair feels stronger but bad strong. It feels straw like and stiff.

I added my leave ins (Salerm 21 and Profective Break free), moisturized with BB Castor Oil/Aloe and called it a day in a loose bun for air dry.

I'm at a lost for words. Please come back moisture.........:wallbash:

Magnolia85

You sure it was the ORS? Maybe the other added ingredients did the drying out? This has never happened to me before:perplexed

hopeful

I'm sorry this happened to you. I found that this is one of those products that it really is best to follow the directions. I think it says leave on 15-20 minutes with heat or 45 minutes to and hour without heat (something like that). I love this conditioner, it is very effective, but if I even leave it on for two hours it's too much and I can't even use it two weeks in a row. I also almost always layer in a moisturizing con when I use it too.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
You sure it was the ORS? Maybe the other added ingredients did the drying out? This has never happened to me before:perplexed

Yeah, first you clarified with twice, and then there was extra protein with ORS Mayo added to the ORS Replen.

A little mistake in leaving in overnight, but you had good products in your stash to help bring it back to normal. Extra moisturizing and lots of TLC will put you back in good standing. :yep:

Blessed2bless

I have slept on ORS alone and it was the best my hair has ever felt.. I concur with the others... it may have been the additions...

MA2010

Hey girl,

Do you leave the ORS on for longer than 45 min? I don't know what happened. While it was marinating on my head I felt my hair was so soft and silky. Washed that bad boy out and the moisture was down the drain........

Determined22

Yeah, first you clarified with twice, and then there was extra protein with ORS Mayo added to the ORS Replen.

A little mistake in leaving in overnight, but you had good products in your stash to help bring it back to normal. Extra moisturizing and lots of TLC will put you back in good standing. :yep:

I agree, I think it was the ORS Mayo that did it. Sounds like too much protein.

MA2010

Thanks girl,

I'm afraid of the future detangling because I never got a chance to detangle:perplexed. I feel product buildup coming.............should I wash and start over???

Dposh167

That next morning u shouldve dc'ed with another conditioner with heat besides he hh. its a good conditioner but wouldnt of given that deep moisture u need

MA2010

That next morning u shouldve dc'ed with another conditioner with heat besides he hh. its a good conditioner but wouldnt of given that deep moisture u need

Hey Poochie,

Do you think I should start over! Should I wash and deep con. with heat when I get home?

MA2010

My hair came out soft and moist when I tried ORS overnite :perplexed.

QT,
your hair is so pretty in your Avatar! I think ORS loves you and hates me.....lol! I should have not added the ORS Mayo. I thought the honey and EVOO had my back though....lol!

QT

QT,
your hair is so pretty in your Avatar! I think ORS loves you and hates me.....lol! I should have not added the ORS Mayo. I thought the honey and EVOO had my back though....lol!

Awwww!!!! Thanks.... Same to you. My hair has really flourished since starting LCHF. I wish I had updates however, my camera phone refuses to send my pic to my email :wallbash:.

Don't give up on ORS, maybe try it w/ out the honey and EVOO. Have a wonderful weekend :yep:.

Magnolia85

Hey girl,

Do you leave the ORS on for longer than 45 min? I don't know what happened. While it was marinating on my head I felt my hair was so soft and silky. Washed that bad boy out and the moisture was down the drain........

Sometimes I sleep with it in but covered with that golden heat cap always. I don't add anything extra.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Maybe you can dilute your CON a little just for this wash only and try your NTM Daily Deep Con with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration combo again with heat. See if you can lightly detangle it with your fingers under running water.

If not, apply your leave ins and slowly detangle each section from the ends upwards. Don't rush through it in frustration (like I once did when things went wrong).

MariposaSexyGirl

Do not blame it on my baby ORS Replinishing Pak:nono:. Everytime I get it I sleep with it in over night and Im easliy able to glide my comb through it when I rinse it out the next morning. You used to many products. You should have clarified and only applied the ORS nothing else. And it would have worked just fine.

MA2010

Do not blame it on my baby ORS Replinishing Pak:nono:. Everytime I get it I sleep with it in over night and Im easliy able to glide my comb through it when I rinse it out the next morning. You used to many products. You should have clarified and only applied the ORS nothing else. And it would have worked just fine.

I'm sorry for blaming it on the "Pak". You are truly right. I got a little excited with the protein. My bad Mariposa!!!! You made me laugh with the "my baby"..................:lachen:!!!

Divine Inspiration

I agree with the other ladies. ORS isn't good for overnight DCs, IMO, and mixing it with all of that other stuff after clarifying twice and using another poo was way too much, IMO.

I would say for the next wash, use diluted, sulfate free poo and then DC with a truly moisturizing conditioner and maybe add a little castor oil or honey.

A couple of weeks of moisturizing DCs should get you back on track.

Dposh167

Hey Poochie,

Do you think I should start over! Should I wash and deep con. with heat when I get home?

def!...i would start over. Idk how much product u have in ur hair right now. But if u choose to clarifu u can dilute it. Then follow up with a real dc. Which ones do u have?

MA2010

def!...i would start over. Idk how much product u have in ur hair right now. But if u choose to clarifu u can dilute it. Then follow up with a real dc. Which ones do u have?

Poochie,
I only have these two for moisture:Motions Oil Moisturizer with Silk Protein (porbably a no-no huh?) and NTM Daily Deep

please forgive me.....I'm waiting for a shipment :nono:!!!

HighlyFavored1

I then applied a pack of ORS Replenish with two tablespoons of ORS Mayo, honey, and EVOO. I applied this to my wet clean hair much like you would apply a relaxer with a brush. I covered with a conditioning cap, placed a scarf on top, and went to bed.

I slept for 8hrs. I woke up washed the conditioner out and my hair was dry, stiff, hard, ugly, tangled.......:nono:

It felt like straw and I couldn't even get my fingers through the strands.

This same thing happened to me before! I used the ORS Replenish overnight. Usually, it detangles my hair very well and leaves it soft, so I couldnt understand why my hair was feeling stiff and tangled. It took me a while before I realized that was actually the first time I had used ORS overnight, and it was the culprit.

My hair quickly regained moisture after a deep condish so it seems that your adding the Mayo made it worse.

I am sure your hair will bounce back and am glad you shared this info with everyone!

DMJ's Mom

Im so sorry this happened to you! Its really odd though because I sleep in ORS at least a couple times a week when i first BC'd it was nightly and never had any problems

Je Ne Sais Quoi

You poo'd your hair 3 times??? That seems like that is what the problem was (i'm guessing). I'm sorry that you have this problem. You will need to get your dc on for a little while.

genesis132

I'm sorry this happened to you. I found that this is one of those products that it really is best to follow the directions. I think it says leave on 15-20 minutes with heat or 45 minutes to and hour without heat (something like that). I love this conditioner, it is very effective, but if I even leave it on for two hours it's too much and I can't even use it two weeks in a row. I also almost always layer in a moisturizing con when I use it too.

I definitely agree with you 100%...I wouldn't leave this product in overnight on my hair.....

AtlantaJJ

Any kind of store bought "Hair Mayo" makes my hair shed...I refuse to use it. There is some kind of evil protein in there.

I've used ORS many times no problem...left it in for a long time too... I think it was the Mayo:ohwell: Bad protein overload...you need moisture!

Tarae

I've slept with the ORS Mayo overnight plenty of times without a problem.
But you clarified twice then used another shampoo and a lot of protein.

I'd DC (and maybe even cowash) for the next few weeks. Your hair needs a lot of moisture.

Hope you figure out something soon.