Why did I sleep with you ORS?

MA2010

Hate to ask this question, but as a newbie, what is ORS so that I can avoid it like the plague...?

PLEASE DON'T AVOID ORS...It's a wonderful product! Just don't do what I did. Very good for the hair relaxed or natural!!!

ORS= Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Pak

MA2010

You ladies are helping a sista out!!!:grin:

For the life of me I don't know why I washed with two clarifyers. My hair had buildup from this week and it was itchy so I guess that's why. I really thought that the third wash with CON detangling would help though :look:.

I should have known when I did not get good slip from the CON 3rd wash something was up.

I don't feel that my hair is clean enough after just one shampoo :ohwell:.

How many times do you ladies normally wash with shampoo in one setting???

Simply_Kelz

For the life of me I don't know why I washed with two clarifyers. My hair had buildup from this week and it was itchy so I guess that's why. I really thought that the third wash with CON detangling would help though :look:.

I should have known when I did not get good slip from the CON 3rd wash something was up.

I only shampoo once. During co-washing season this is a clarifier, and does the trick. During roller-wrap season, I was wash weekly, so only feel the need to shampoo once.

Extremus

Yeah, first you clarified with twice, and then there was extra protein with ORS Mayo added to the ORS Replen.

A little mistake in leaving in overnight, but you had good products in your stash to help bring it back to normal. Extra moisturizing and lots of TLC will put you back in good standing. :yep:

I agree

Poochie,
I only have these two for moisture:Motions Oil Moisturizer with Silk Protein (porbably a no-no huh?) and NTM Daily Deep

please forgive me.....I'm waiting for a shipment :nono:!!!

Use the NTM, you can add your EVOO too if you want

If I clarify, I'll use the clarifier 1st, then a moisturizing shampoo, after that DC with a moisturizing DC. OR use the clarifier 1st, then DC with a moisturizing deep conditioner.

I use the same products as you.

MeechUK

MeechUK
Hi Manushka,
after stripping your hair of all its natural oils, you then used far too much protein and not enough moisture to condition your hair. ORS Mayonnaise is a protein conditioner and should never be left on overnight but the Replenishing Pac, which is a milder protein, is ok overnight.

To rectify the problem I would have DC'd with a moisturing conditioner. Did you have a lot of breakage?

Loves Harmony

I attempted my first official deep conditoner treatment today.

I came home from a long night shift (I'm a nurse) and wash my hair with ORS Creamy Aloe, Nexxus Aloe Rid, and last CON for good slip.

I then applied a pack of ORS Replenish with two tablespoons of ORS Mayo, honey, and EVOO. I applied this to my wet clean hair much like you would apply a relaxer with a brush. I covered with a conditioning cap, placed a scarf on top, and went to bed.

I slept for 8hrs. I woke up washed the conditioner out and my hair was dry, stiff, hard, ugly, tangled.......:nono:

It felt like straw and I couldn't even get my fingers through the strands.

I needed to moisturize fast. I applied NTM Daily Deep Con along with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration- left that on for about 10-15 minutes and rinsed. My hair was still like "no ma'am, I need moisture!".

I could not detangle in the shower. My hair feels stronger but bad strong. It feels straw like and stiff.

I added my leave ins (Salerm 21 and Profective Break free), moisturized with BB Castor Oil/Aloe and called it a day in a loose bun for air dry.

I'm at a lost for words. Please come back moisture.........:wallbash:

Oh no im sorry to hear that....To much protein... Do a dc and also co-wash for a couple of days, you should be fine

Cleve_gryl

I had a real bad bout with protein overload a couple weeks ago right after my touchup :ohwell:. I tried to wash it and DC the next day :nono: still no moisture.

I had to cowash and leave conditioner in my hair everyday for a week to get my moisture level back. I hope you work it out, its depressing when your hair is like that.

MA2010

Hello ladies,

Well its been two days since the protien overload. My hair is getting back to it's normal moisture level....thank you Lord!!!

Here's what I did. I co-washed Sunday morning with Suave Humectant and Herbal Essence Hello Hydration. I again added some honey and EVOO about 1 tbsp each and mixed all four ingredients in a cup. I applied this to my hair like I would a relaxer and let it sit for two hours with a conditioner cap on.

I rinsed my hair out and detangled in the shower. MY SLIP WAS BACK :grin:! My hair felt soft and yet still "strong" from the protein. I could comb through my NG wit no problem.

I quickly added my leave ins, moiturized, sealed and called it a day with an air dry.

I will be cowashing like this all week until my moisture is back. Thank you ladies so much for the great advice and info!!!:yep:

Irresistible

Hello ladies,

Well its been two days since the protien overload. My hair is getting back to it's normal moisture level....thank you Lord!!!

Here's what I did. I co-washed Sunday morning with Suave Humectant and Herbal Essence Hello Hydration. I again added some honey and EVOO about 1 tbsp each and mixed all four ingredients in a cup. I applied this to my hair like I would a relaxer and let it sit for two hours with a conditioner cap on.

I rinsed my hair out and detangled in the shower. MY SLIP WAS BACK :grin:! My hair felt soft and yet still "strong" from the protein. I could comb through my NG wit no problem.

I quickly added my leave ins, moiturized, sealed and called it a day with an air dry.

I will be cowashing like this all week until my moisture is back. Thank you ladies so much for the great advice and info!!!:yep:
:clap:

glad its doing better, it took me months to recover after this product, but I had left it in a week, then rinsed and put it back in, that was just dumb!

MA2010

:clap:

glad its doing better, it took me months to recover after this product, but I had left it in a week, then rinsed and put it back in, that was just dumb!

Did you do a lot of co-washing to recover??? What's your favorite moisture dc???

Irresistible

Did you do a lot of co-washing to recover??? What's your favorite moisture dc???

Girl I just left it alone it was in 2006 and I was facing possible breast cancer at the time, I cant tell you what I did, my mind was spent most of that time, it was hard and clumpy for months no matter what I did, so I just kept doing usual while my hair kept feeling like 'ish' then it just eventually came around again. I thought I was going to lose it , truth be told, I'm amazed I didnt still, I'm still trying to find my DC true love. I have lots to try still to find it