Why do you ACV???

ShantWhite

I have Bragg's ACV with the "mother" in it. I bought it for my tea but didn't think it was okay to use it for rinses...so last week I bought a big bottle of Roux Porosity Control.

Do they both serve the same purpose? And if not, can I use them together?

*Muffin*

I have Bragg's ACV with the "mother" in it. I bought it for my tea but didn't think it was okay to use it for rinses...so last week I bought a big bottle of Roux Porosity Control.

Do they both serve the same purpose? And if not, can I use them together?

ACV is good for correcting porosity problems. Here is a website that talks about acidic conditioners (which is probably roux porosity control) and acidic rinses (like ACV) for porosity control. Since they both do the same thing I'd probably stick with the cheaper option (which is most likely the acv, lol)

P.S. I like that the site brought out a benefit of having slightly porous hair. It readily absorbs water. But it's hard for it to retain it and that's why it's good to do use acidic conditioners or use vinegar rinses because they temporarily seal your cuticle (until your next wash), allowing you to retain the moisture your hair absorbed.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/375435/hair_porosity_help_for_dry_damaged.html?cat=69 (check out the third page).

Last edited:

ShantWhite

ACV is good for correcting porosity problems. Here is a website that talks about acidic conditioners (which is probably roux porosity control) and acidic rinses (like ACV) for porosity control. Since they both do the same thing I'd probably stick with the cheaper option (which is most likely the acv, lol)

P.S. I like that the site brought out a benefit of porous hair. It absorbs lots of water, like a sponge. But it's hard for it to retain it and that's why it's good to do use acidic conditioners or use vinegar rinses because they temporarily seal your cuticle (until your next wash), allowing you to retain the moisture your hair absorbed.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/375435/hair_porosity_help_for_dry_damaged.html?cat=69 (check out the third page).

Thanks Muffin! Really appreciate your help!! *off to check out the site...

qwnbee1

It does both. Doesn't really clarify, but it does remove build up and balance your hair's natural pH level.

This is verrrry important part of my regimen...it smooths my hair down after it's roughed up from shampooing, and leaves it super soft and shiny. :lick:
i thought vinegar stripped out your relaxer...i remember hairdressers using this to take a perm out of your when i was little...

Casarela

YUP , I use to do it regularly on a monthly basis before. However I slacked off ...dunno why. Lately I got my hair cornrowed as a ''treat''. When I took them out my hair was drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry did I say dry ..I cannot describe how dry my hair felt brillo pad dry and rough which is unusual. Plus I had a lot of tangles.

I remembered Vinegar Rinses because I was about to chop a good 2 inches. I didnt have any ACV so I used pure regular white vinegar. My rough dry hair immediately turned soft and it was easy for me to go through my hair with my fingers and take out the shedded hair. Then I DC and followed by my regular routine.

Thank God my hair is back to normal!

sound

I use it once a week after I cleanse my hair and before I condition. My hair has never felt softer and nearly tangle free since using ACV.

I mix it with a little bit of baking soda to clarify once a month.

I do not dilute it, nor do I let it sit in my hair.