Why do you like Creme of Nature Lye relaxer?

jasmin

Well not too many people seem to have had a bad experience with this relaxer so I just want to see why you like it so much. So many people seem to use this particular relaxer.

hottopic

Creme of Nature Lye relaxer-Mild is my baby. I love it. Before I started to care about my hair I use to use no-lye....But after massive research I found that lye was better for me . I used Motion Lye at first, but I did not like it..I switched to Cream of Nature Lye and never looked back.....

starryeye

I love Creme of nature mild too. It makes my hair very soft and straight )but I keep a little wave in my hair) without the dryness. Very good stuff. It has some of the same things that I look for in a conditioner.

hottopic

I first started with asking hair dressers. My mother is one and I asked her friends...Then after reading several hair books, they all pretty much was against no-lye, and gave very good reasons why they were against lye. Some of the books I read are located in LHCF bookstore. I read a couple hair books before I found this forum. The symptoms that they listed that attribute to no-lye use I had them all.....dry brittle hair, easy breakage, constant tangling, raggedy ends....the list went on. I started using lye in October 2004...my hair is so strong right not, but i still have no-lye ends...it takes 2 years to grow out.....

jasmin

Thanks hottopic and starryeye! Does your scalp burn easy with CON?

Dry hair is the same reason I switched to Designer Touch lye. I was using no lye and my hair was dry, stiff and it would not retain moisture for nothing. Even clarifying didn't work. My hair is softer now but still a work in progress.

I'm mainly looking for a back up to what I'm using now. Sometimes it's hard to find Designer Touch around here in regular and mild. They always have super.

Last edited:

jovan787

Bump....Im thinking about purchasing this relaxer tomorrow to self relax. Anyone else that has used this relaxer that can say why they did OR didnt like it?