Why doesn't anybody like the V? why the U?

Divine Inspiration

I've only had the "V" cut correctly once. Every other time, the "V" was too steep and took FOREVER to grow out so I just avoid and stick with the "U". I don't like blunt hair, but it's easier to go from the U to blunt than the V to blunt, IMO.

MizaniMami

Ehhh, the V is okay. It gets on my nerves but then again i like my hair to layer my face in the front. I don't think I will even let my hair grow pass APL in the front.

I wish I could have a U though. But lilke someone else said IMO the blunt looks artificial. Sometimes I see women with blunt cut hair and I wonder, how long their hair would have really been if they wasn't trying to go for the blunt look and let their hair grow natural.

Mizani_Mrs

I prefer the U because it means the ends are fuller and i'd be paranoid that the V is too thin. But heck i'd really be happy to take either one. My hair grows superfast on the sides and the back grows slow which looks disgusting, so i have no choice but to keep cutting my hair even...i'm trying to learn how to cut a nice U shape...

asubeauty

My hair grows in a v shape. Sometimes I like it, but because it's just above armpit length, if my "V" spreads out, my hair looks really thin, like I need a cut. But if my "V" is all together, it's kind of cute.

shunta

I think the V looks sexy, too. Would CandyC's hair be considered a V cuz hers is pretty sexy. Ya'll, I promise Im not gay!!:lol:

Shea

I like the V just as long as it is full and its not that sharp I gues i like the U borderline V ???

Desert Skye

oo I love the V. I used to have it back a few years ago. I agree with the poster it looks sexy. I used to love to flat iron my hair super straight, put some shine serum on, and just let that V hang down my back.

For some reason I cant get my hair to do that again. I think the texture of my hair changed because now the ends of my hair does this outward curl thing. My boyfriend sometimes asks me what happend to that "tail" I had.

Lady_Lioness

seeminglysweet said:
I dont know which I prefer. I think that people avoid the V because that is a layered hair cut and who wants to work so hard for long, healthy length to just chop it all up.
I agree it is a layered cut...and with the many layers I have right now...my V shape looks awful and skinny the longer my hair gets...I prefer the U shape b/c it gives my hair a more fuller and thicker look...but, once I achieve that... I will be getting low layers for added fullness.

I love the "V" on MBL hair and longer. I think the "V" looks better than the "U" on really long hair. IMO, shorter hair looks better with a blunt cut or "U".

meia

I like them both but honestly, I think the V looks best on really long curly hair and the U on straight hair... I think that it just makes the hair fall better on the individual.... In my opinion the V on straight hair can fall kind of funny if the lengths are too long or if the hair isn't evenly cut...

Softresses

MY hair is extremely thick, every time I blunt cut it the V will grow back. It will still be thick though.

I think that the middle part in the back simply grows faster than all the rest. I have never had layers cut in. I don't think everyone who grows a V gets layers.

I think that the thick even U shape is pretty too though, but I do feel the V is sexy.

Softresses

ETA: Maybe I am wrong then, I was calling what Candy C has a V. That is what I grow. It is a little longer in the middle back. But very thick.

Candy your hair is very pretty!

Last edited: