V, U or W Shaped Hair. When Did You Learn Yours?

Evolving78

my hairline in the back is shaped like a W. so my hair is shaped like that, but it can appear to look U shaped.

irisak

My hair has grown in a serious V-shape for as long as I can remember. When I still went to the salon to get my hair done I used to leave P o'd if a new stylist decided to even me up because that meant cutting off 2-4 inches. In fact both my son and my daughter inherited the "v" from me.

BEAUTYU2U

I'm confident that I'm a U-shaped head of hair. Although I have noticed since reaching SL that the looser texture in the back of my head gives the appearance of V sometimes cause it hangs lower.

beautyaddict1913

it exists and its not necessarily due to breakage. i think the hemline depends on the way your nape grows if you do not cut it.

as you can see i have no hair in the center of my nape. any hair that grows there is very sparse yet the sides are dense.

when i wear my hair straight and down the lack of hair in the middle manifest itself as a gap in the hair. depending on the way i comb and the lighting it it is not visible.

you can see it really well here. i think it looks better when curled

this is why i prefer a blunt cut so the the crown hairs cover the disparity at the nape

Napp thanks for posting this! I'm W shaped too and I always thought I was a V but felt like maybe I wasn't taking good care of the mid nape section hence the lack of growth lol. But my hair looks EXACTLY like yours when pulled up into a bun!

aviddiva77

beautyaddict1913 thanks! That took me a minute to imagine but it's like folding the W in half (so the V is on each side of the head near the ears)?

And a V is when the nape grows the fastest/longest and a U is kind of uniform all around?

lovebug10

Mine is a V shape. I prefer U or blunt because it makes the hair look more thick & full to me. But I'll settle for a V as long is its just natually growing that way and not due to damage and such. Maybe when its much longer I'll get a nice blunt cut...

KurlyNinja

Mine grows in a U-shape. I wouldn't say the perfect U, but its not a V and its definitley not blunt. I started realizing after I got to full NL, but was absolutly sure after now getting to APL and it still being in the same shape.

ETA: Picture of blowout from December

Last edited: