Why has my favourite shampoo been discontinued???

Bublin

Urggh - so frustrating and i wish I had stocked up.

Creme of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo has been discontinued in the UK. Its almost as if they have been pulled off the shelves. :nono:

I need to buy some shampoo but most of the sulphate-free ones I have tried are so stripping. I don't want to waste anymore money trying other products out. :nono:

First it was my beloved Silk Elements Deep conditioner and now my fav poo has gone..... :nono:

auparavant

I'm surprised...they just put that on the shelves here some months ago and now they must be trying something else. They don't realize we don't always go for fads and like staples.:nono: When I was little, my mom used Milk Plus 6, which Creme of Nature copied off of...but MP6 was much richer. Maybe go to L'oreal Sulphate-Free ones? Or try Ayur Amla & Shikakai? You'll need to condition to get the slick feel that CON gives. Hope you find it, though. Try ordering online???

Bublin

Yes, its only been in the UK for a short while, but it's just the poo that they've pulled, the rest of the line is still around.

Paks have discontinued online. Amazon still has it but not prepared to pay over £2 postage.

I've read reviews about the L'oreal sulphate line being very stripping.

I've done a bit of research and Elasta QP creme conditioning shampoo seems like a good alternative and it's inexpensive. Lets hope that is still available here.

Tiye

The postage doesn't sound high from a U.S. perspective. We have to drive here (a lot of us anyway) and we'd pay way more to get to the store and buy it in person. If you like it and want to keep using it for a while then go to amazon and stock up. I've had fave shampoos discontinued on me before, and I know how that can feel when you like how it works, or the texture or the smell or the product, etc. Now I no longer sweat it coz I end up moving on and finding something better whether it's in the store or something I make myself.

Bublin

I know the postage isn't high but i'm on a low spend challenge/budget blah blah blah and trying to cut back.

I have like 10 bss's near to my work so spending on postage just seems like a waste right now.

30something

Don't know why they would discounted just the shampoo that makes so sense. You would think that is the #1 product people would try in the line. I guess you gotta do omg it is discounted mad dash to the BSS, sorry this happened to you OP. I find it super hard trying to even find that shampoo here in the states, there is always the whole product line and no shampoo... sometimes there isn't even a spot for it on the shelf.

lesedi

All is well with me
Why are sulfate free poos so stripping?

I have actually started using sulfate-loaded cheap poos because ironically, they make my hair feel better than sulfate-free ones. In general, I don't think I have come across a shampoo that leaves my hair feeling truly silky and moisturised so I have discontinued the search and am using what is good on my pocket.

Bublin

lesedi thats why I'm disappointed. It was the only one that wasn't stripping. I would love to use a sulphate poo but they do real harm to my scalp (itching and flaking).

I've bought the Elasta QP poo and I'll use it tomorrow.