Why is my hair so resistent to relaxers

bb1047

Is there such thing as being allergic to relaxers? When I tried to relax my hair years ago my hair was quick to break off and never really got straight. I tried different types of relaxers but I got the same result.

Since then I have BC'ed and am 100% natural! But I was wondering if anyone has had this type of experience with regular relaxers but was successful with texlax or texturizers???

Just a thought.

My hair is resistant to relaxers. It never ever got it straight. It looked like this:
~~~~~~~ Basically it always looked under-processed. No matter how long I kept it on. I've even kept it in for double the amount of time recommended, with no avail.

are you a type 3? i've never seen a type 3 get 'straight' hair from a relaxer. at best, their hair will resemble type 2 hair, at least until they wash it, then it will curl right back up. i've also seen type 4 with no curl pattern at all not take to relaxers. ♥

Is there such thing as being allergic to relaxers? When I tried to relax my hair years ago my hair was quick to break off and never really got straight. I tried different types of relaxers but I got the same result.

Since then I have BC'ed and am 100% natural! But I was wondering if anyone has had this type of experience with regular relaxers but was successful with texlax or texturizers???

Just a thought.

Probably because relaxers don't really make anyone's hair 100% straight. Most everybody here rollersets and then flat irons their roots to get their hair straight even though it's relaxed.

People who don't know that usually leave the relaxer in too long waiting for their hair to get straight when it never really will with a relaxer alone.

Girl, don't feel bad; mine is too. No matter how long it stays on, it will still be textlaxed. I love it now though, I used to hate it back then.

Some hair is very resistant to relaxers. For example, 30 mins of processing with a super strength left me only like 50% texlaxed. :lol:

A picture of my hair texlaxed is here:

http://public.fotki.com/Neith/hair/2008/everyday-hair/fromtheside.html

Now... I know relaxers should leave a little curl in the hair, but that's ridiculous. And no, it was not applied improperly either. lol

The only time I've ever had truly relaxed hair is when the stylist left super strength on for like an hour.

Which also left my hair lifeless and damaged :perplexed

I think it has to do with hair texture (my hair is extremely coarse) and possibly body chemistry.

Back