Why is this??

Ericka

For some time now I noticed that the right side of my hair is damaged and the left side is VERY healthy. I get regular trims and everytime i get more cut from the front than the back so the front right side can grow in. About a month ago i noticed that it was growing in and starting to look fuller, but now when i look at my right and left side to comparison, it's thinning out again. I also stopped wraping my hair everyday due to thinning of the crown on the right side but now i have an old problem resurfacing again.

My Question is, does any one have any suggestions to help the right side of my hair to grow in healthy and thick like the left side?

calbear

Finding the source is key - so you can adjust. Do you sleep only on 1 side? Do you bun you hair constantly the same way? I have this issue and Ihad to stop the behavior first.

sweetcocoa

I had the problem from wrapping in the same direction every night. It took a long time before my right side stayed as thick as the left side. I still wrap ever once in a while.... but definitely not like I used to. I also alternate which side when I do.

mystiquesista

my right side is always longer and healthier than my leftside, I finally realized I was breaking the left side and middle off badly when I put my hair in a ponytail.I had a tendency to pull it tight and toward my right side,which stressed my left side causing breakage. Not to mention the tight bands.

calbear

OK (trying to think of other possible issues) - what about the heat thing? When I used heat on my hair I would ALWAYS start on the same side which killed my hair on that side cause I would let the instrument get piping hot (before using it) and it would burn my hair on that side.

Dolce_Dawn

[ QUOTE ]
calbear said:
OK (trying to think of other possible issues) - what about the heat thing? When I used heat on my hair I would ALWAYS start on the same side which killed my hair on that side cause I would let the instrument get piping hot (before using it) and it would burn my hair on that side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calbear- that's exactly why I asked her about heat.
Good example...

Ericka

Thanks everyone, I'm about to curl my hair now and I just now notice that everytime I flat iron or curl my hair, I always start with the right side.