Why Your Hair Grows Slower In Autumn & Winter

esoterica

According to Maharishi Ayurveda:

"Sometimes, something as simple as a drop in daily temperatures can cause hair to suffer. Cold weather slows down circulation, robbing the roots of your hair of essential nutrients. The solution is an energizing and circulation-boosting pre-bath scalp massage with warm oil. Whatever the weather, oil works wonders for the health of your hair. Try almond, coconut or olive oil, gently warmed. Massage the scalp as well as the strands of hair and leave the oil on for as long as you can before you shampoo."
Another reason i need to start taking my cayenne every day!

CarLiTa

thanx! i REALLY wanna do these warm oil massages... i'm dreaming about it, haha. i think doing yoga and other physical activities would increase scalp circulation again.

do you know if they sell Coconut Oil at Walmart or some place like that? I have almond oil and some rosemary oil, i think i will try one of those massages tomorrow... do u know it would be ok to do it AFTER u wash? b/c i only have about 2" of each and i don't want to use it so much and have to wash it out :lol: and i could get my scalp oiling benefits too.. I need to get some extra virgin oilive oil... i wasn't 100% sure that we could use that on the scalp

Blossssom

Sunshine, provided through Vitamin D, makes the hair grow!

That's why we love spring and summer!

VITAMIN D! :)

CarLiTa

at least it would be moisturized... my hair has been a little dry lately. i think i'd try it, then make sure after i do the massage that it's combed through the rest of the hair and bun it. i cowash every two days, so if it did get oily, i'd be washing it out 2 days later. thanx for the website