wierd crown scalp?

Royalq

Hey everyone! :wave:

So ive been focused on improving my hair and doing pretty well. All of my hair is okay except my crown. Starting from them scalp. My scalp everywhere else feels fine. But as soon as you get to my crown, it feels rough. Like really rough, sore, and dry. now the hair thats there is also MUCH rougher than the rest of my hair. It coarse and has a slew of SSK's constantly. Than hair is the shortest because im always trimming because the ends feel like brillo pad and are infested with ssk's. the strands themselves are rough when i slide my finger down a strand. it tangles too. I moisturize it daily and it still doesnt cooperate like the rest of my head.
it usually have my hair in twists or in natural braids.
shampoo with chragrin valley shampoo bars 1x a week
DC with nexxus humectress and castor
leave in is Kinky kurly knot today
Moisturize with Qhemets BRBC
seal with olive oil

the rest of my hair feels great except that area. Im thinking it starts with my scalp and effects the hair growing out? Oh yeah, i dont use anything on my scalp, my scalp produces oil normally so i never felt the need to put anything on it

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I like using Eucalyptus oil on my scalp a few times a week for scalp health.

It smells like Vicks vapor rub IMO.. but it is great for scalp.
You can mix it with a carrier oil.

KittyMeowMeow

Gently oil this spot before washing (and throughout the week as needed). EVOO is a good choice.

Consider the Terressentials Mud Wash. This helps detox the scalp and hair.

My crown is/was like this. I believe I had scab hair. The mud wash helped a lot, as well as drinking enough water and taking hair vitamins.

Royalq

im in natural individual braids right now, can i still use mud washes? i dont want mud trapped in the braid.

I was thinking of using eo's but im not sure which to use

KittyMeowMeow

im in natural individual braids right now, can i still use mud washes? i dont want mud trapped in the braid.

I was thinking of using eo's but im not sure which to use

Yes, the mud wash can be used with braids. Mix it w/ water in an applicator bottle to apply to your scalp, then gently squeeze through the hair. Rinse well.

If you use an EO, be sure to only use it by putting a few drops in a carrier oil (eg. EVOO, EVCO, castor, etc). EOs aren't meant to be used by themselves and can be irritating.