Wig Wearers: What do you wear underneath?

MoMo

I'm thinking of purchasing a wig for the winter months. What do you wear under your wig to protect the hairline and allow the hair to breathe?

Leeda.the.Paladin

I havent' worn a wig in awhile, but I usually wear a satin bonnet and then a wig cap on top of it. Sometimes I baggy under it, in which case it's the bag and then the nylon cap.

bellezanegra826

i just moisturize and wear a wig cap. i tried having on saran wrap under my wig cap once to baggy under the wig and it made the wig cap, and eventually the wig, slip a bit...good thing i was at home.

loolalooh

I wear the regular wig cap. That seems to be just fine for my hairline.

One thing to note: a wet hairline and a wig don't mix (for me at least). If I need to wash my hair, I make sure it's fully airdried before throwing on the wig cap and wig. I learned my lesson.

l_choice2001

i braid mosturize and use a wig cap, the main thing is you want to keep your hair mosterized under your wig my sugesston is to buy different kinds of wig caps and see how they work for your hair in retaining moisture.
try this site they have nice silk wig cap, mesh caps, and silk satin bonnets that you could wear and use a wig cap on top
you can also find these lines at most bbs store or even walmart. :) HTH

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/boniwr.html

MoMo

Thanks ladies! I was on a website and it discussed fungus and mildew in the hair and scalp from wearing wigs, then it mentioned skin irritation from wearing a wig. I figure if I remove the wig nightly and keep my hair moisturized underneath (not wet) then I should be all good. Thanks again for all of your responses.

msa

I don't wear anything under my halfwigs. I also rinse my hair every day and I've never had any issues with mildew or anything like that.

l_choice2001

Thanks ladies! I was on a website and it discussed fungus and mildew in the hair and scalp from wearing wigs, then it mentioned skin irritation from wearing a wig. I figure if I remove the wig nightly and keep my hair moisturized underneath (not wet) then I should be all good. Thanks again for all of your responses.

yeah its important to make sure you hair is not too wet when wearing your wigs a light mist of leave in or mosturizer of your choice or you can do all your mosterizing at night so your hair isnt wet in the morning :)