WIG/WEAVE QUESTION **STUPID ALERT**

Triniwegian

I am not well versed at all in wigs and weaves but I have a question...and it might be SUPER dumb.

I was wondering if there is such a thing as a wig with space open for your own hair at the crown/front where there is room for a part?
You know, like a weave but only in a wig form.

I want to hide my hair for a while and wear something straight but I feel like a weave would be too hard in terms of washing my hair once a week.

Anyway, does a wig like that exist?

growinghealthyhair

Yep!! It's called a half or upart wig!! I actually made one recently. I tweaked it alot today,and also dyed it today. Love love love it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWp36TrBQmA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Adaoba2012

I haven't tried it yet because I'm trying to hide my whole entire head but it is a great alternative to a weave.

Ms. Tiki

I've purchased regular full wigs and cut the top part out to make it a u part wig. It's so much easier

westNDNbeauty

Check out what she says at at :27 seconds in THIS video

It's very common for those naturals who wear straight weaves because of course you are not trying to blend your hair with your hair, you are blending with something that is probably a straighter texture than your own hair when straight.

Just be careful sis.

naturalmanenyc

Ditto on the upart wig and half wigs; however, heat damage is always a risk when blending your natural hair with a straighter wig.

I gave up on straight half wigs a long time ago since I could not get my hair to blend, even when straightened. Humidity had my 4a leave out hair looking a mess, sitting on top of a straight half wig.

I think the straight lace wig you posted would work well - without the risk of heat damage.

Triniwegian

Check out what she says at at :27 seconds in THIS video

It's very common for those naturals who wear straight weaves because of course you are not trying to blend your hair with your hair, you are blending with something that is probably a straighter texture than your own hair when straight.

Just be careful sis.

Ditto on the upart wig and half wigs; however, heat damage is always a risk when blending your natural hair with a straighter wig.

I gave up on straight half wigs a long time ago since I could not get my hair to blend, even when straightened. Humidity had my 4a leave out hair looking a mess, sitting on top of a straight half wig.

I think the straight lace wig you posted would work well - without the risk of heat damage.

I realized that after watching a couple of her video's. Her own hair is not the biz.
I saw this one i love it and I do not have to straighten my hair.

TokyoReina

I'm wearing a u-part wig now. I put clips in mine so I just clip it on. I wear it flat ironed though and I hate trying to blend with it while I'm transitioning. I'll probably end up buying a closure and remaking it. I made my own after watching YouTube tutorials.