Wigs and edges!

tlbaby23

I've been wearing wigs as a PS for the winter but lately I feel like the wigs and wig caps r balding the front of my hairline. Idk if I'm just being paranoid because its not a DRASTIC hair lost but I definitely don't want it to get worst if what im noticing is really my hairline thinning!

What can I do!?

I want to keep wearing my wigs but not if I'm gonna go bald in the front!

LexiDior

I wear wigs also and this is something that i worry about to counter this i use castor oil and MN mixed, i apply every other day on my edges. Also if you arnt wearing the wig, take the wig cap off, i try to let my hair get a break from the wig as much as i can.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Great Suggestions Here:

Take a Break from the wig (I only wear mine M-F 9-5)
Keep Edges, Nape etc...well moisturized
Alternate Wig Caps and keep them clean

Happy Wiggin':grin:

reeko43

I cut out all combs and straps out of the wig because that was causing breakage front and back. I wear a sports cap from Walmart that is mesh with a solid band around the perimeter. I secure the wig with bobby pins. I find that this keeps the wig from shifting and rubbing my edges. Like others said I take a break from my wig. I remove it immediately when I come home and I don't wear them on the weekends. I keep my edges and nape moisterized and oiled. I only wear a wig a month straight then I break for a month.

tlbaby23

Thanks ladies! I oil my edges but I think I need to start securing better so that my wig doesn't rub

Iluvsmuhgrass

I help my edges along by flat twisting the front. (lol I can't cornrow at all... but if you can, that works too!) If I didn't the tension would be too much regardless of how loose the wig is. When I started doing this (and sitting the wig cap behind the twist instead of trying to get all of my hair under the cap) it worked out alot better and there's virtually no rubbing/tugging at my edges.

ZapMami

I wear wigs all the time. Well 9-5 pm. And I haven't really seen a difference in my edges. I think I have really strong hair or something. But I do want to be careful, so I was thinking I might start using that Gro Protect stuff along my hairline, just for extra protection.