Will Half Wigs Break My Hair?

lizjoseph

I recently took out my last weave and refuse to do any more of them....hopefully ever. However I am so used to "having long hair" that I went out and bought a half wig. You know the ones that you leave out some front hair, slide the half wig on with the grip/ teeth and then cover that with the hair you left out in the front. In the past I used phony ponys with those same teeth and that broke my hair around the middle. Will this do the same? Or did the phony pony only break my hair because of that fact that it had to be cinched so tight?

They don't break myhair, but then again I switch up often. Many suggests to take the comb attachment out. I would suggest doing a single braid where the wig will begin and sew the wig on the braid for extra gripping if you took the comb out, but if you are refusing to wear weave, that suggestion is a step shy short of wearing a weave. Also do not try to manipulate the hair too much when attached to your head. The constant tugging will pull at your natural hair, causing it too break. That's why I rollerst mine, so I won't have to comb. Get Human Hair too.

Hmm..I'm not crazy about sewing it in since I want to have daily access to my hair in order to moisturize and apply my growth aids. But you think that if I keep it as is that the teeth might do damage?

Anyone else have any opinons on this as well? :ohwell:

I have this same problem...

The little teeth have been making my scalp sore, so I'm looking for an alternative...

Thanks for asking this question!

My hair got weak and broke where the teeth were. But I think it may have been a little over processed in the front also. It depends on your hairs strength.

Back