Will We Ever Figure Out Our Hair?

G

Or is it an ongoing never ending process?

Has anyone ever done the exact same thing to thier hair and gotten different results?? Or is my hair just strange.

My General routine is Wash with Jay every 3 - 4 days deep con with UBH final rinse with distilled and leavin Dew and coconut oil and air dry in 1 or 3 ponys.

Ok for a while this worked great, then I noticed it was not actin right so I did some other things experimenting, some worked great some did'nt, the ones that worked great, did'nt after awhile, Last night I went back to my orignial rountine, jay,ubh,dew,coconut oil,air. And it was like WOW.. Soft city, sheen the whole nine.

I tell you I just don't get it. What does our hair WANT.

sweetcocoa

I don't know..but I'm having a ball in the meantime...I like 'discovering' new things to do with my hair...
If I didn't try I wouldn't know half the stuff I do..and I'd still be stuck at shoulder length.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know..but I'm having a ball in the meantime...I like 'discovering' new things to do with my hair...

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!! Experimenting is soooo much fun!!!

Trinity1

My hair never does the same thing all of the time with the same products. When the season changes,so does my hair and sometimes my products. I agree,however,that it is fun trying different things. Right now I just discovered a new deep conditioner that I love. Proclaims Cholesterol deep conditioner is da bomb! It comes in this big huge container for 2.99.Its rich,thick and creamy and looks like banana pudding,plus it smells great. No other deep conditioner has made my hair feel the way this stuff does.

Tee Tee

pressncurl

If my hair isn't behaving normally to the same routine, that usually means I need to use a different shampoo to remove buildup.

Nonie

Hmm...clarirying...Now that's a thought. Any suggestions/recommendations on a good clarifying shampoo? So far my products are behaving but I think clarifying might not be a bad idea nevertheless. Which shampoos do this best?
TIA

prettygirl

Just now I am learning to care for my type of hair 4a/b.Still don't know what products work the utmost best for me,or what conditions my hair cam manage and those that it can't, butin the meantime its just trial and error while avoiding stuff I know that is damaging to my hair.

Victorian

old head
Girl, I know what you mean. Sometimes it's like my hair has "moods" lol. I think I need a magic 8-ball so I can ask it in the morning, "Will my hair act right today? Should I just put on a hat?"

ny2atl

I think it is an ongoing process. Hair, like anything else, gets used to one thing after a while. I read the same happens with vitamins. After you've taken the same vitamins for a while your body gets used to them and they may not have the same effect.

inthepink

Yes...I have this problem all the time. I try to repeat something exactly and get a different result. I guess there's always some extra thing that I forgot about or did accidentally. It's definitely an experimentation but it's kinda fun...

mirrormirror

Ive been consistently maintaing the same rouine every week for the past 5 weeks and my hair is giving me look the I want, bouncy, light golden brown hair.

and here it is.........
Barry Fletcher moisturizing shampoo
Mizani moisturefuse mixed with jojoba oil (deep condition w/ heat)
Dudley's styling foam
rollerset and sit under the drier, until set is completely dry

..........to maintain the look, I absolutly DO NOT put any oils, hairdressing, serums, etc on my hair. And my hair stays so light and bouncy.

I will make a slight change this week, instead of using Dudley's styling foam, I will try out Paul Mitchell sculpting foam.

inthepink

That's great mirrormirror. How can you stand the time you have to spend under the dryer? I go crazy sitting under there for 20 minutes while I deep condition!

mirrormirror

[ QUOTE ]
That's great mirrormirror. How can you stand the time you have to spend under the dryer? I go crazy sitting under there for 20 minutes while I deep condition!

[/ QUOTE ]

........my hair is worth the wait.

S

Stylepink

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I catch up on reading or crocheting. It helps the time fly!