Workouts and Newly Relaxed Hair - ???

AtlantaJJ

I just did a virgin relax on Wed. and my hair feels great. I'm going to workout today and Saturday, get my major sweat on. I plan to do a pre-poo on Saturday, and I was wondering if I should do a protein or moisture for my wash after the relaxer.

Another question is for major sweaty workouts, do most of you shampoo each time afterwards, or do a con wash, or what? My hair is dry from braids and I know that sweat can be drying as well.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated ! :)

I'm glad you started this thread because I dreamed that my hubbie and I was working out doing situps and I know that is a sign for me to start working out again after a 6 month slip.

I would think co-washing would be sufficient esp in winter season no?

My first post-relaxer wash includes a clarifying treatment, poo, protein and moisture.

Are you doing C&G?

Last edited:
I'm one of those people who sweats in the head and when I come from the gym I look like I've been hosed down...LOL! Anyway, I co-wash everytime that I go to the gym (3-4 times/week). Before finding LHCF I was shampooing all the time. I'm so glad I learned about co-washing here because this means my hair is less dry and I'm not stripping all the moisture from it everytime I wash.

I have to wash everytime I go to the gym because I can't do anything with my hair once the sweat dries. It's just a dry, yucky, hot mess!

thesweetone said:
I have to wash everytime I go to the gym because I can't do anything with my hair once the sweat dries. It's just a dry, yucky, hot mess!
That's me girl! So could I do a roller set after the co-wash? Hood dryer heat doesn't bother my hair, I often don't have time to do the air dry thing. I don't want to see my blow dryer... That's out of the question for a while. So a set with big rollers or a wrap is it for me...

How do you style?

If you are going to co-wash often, make sure you do strong protein treaments at least every 6 weeks. I was working out 5 days a week and co-washing after every workout. I was doing mild protein treatments every so often, but it wasn't enough. Eventually my hair became very mushy and elastic. Then it suddenly started to shed like crazy. A stylist suggested a strong protein treatment every 6 weeks, wash and deep condition once a week, and rinse with water only after workouts. She suggested a good leave-in conditioner and detangler after the rinse, but absolutely no co-washes. Of course, this advice was given strictly for my hair, but I think the most important part is to do the protein treatments to avoid the mushy, elastic hair.;)

Lavendar said:
She suggested a good leave-in conditioner and detangler after the rinse,...the most important part is to do the protein treatments to avoid the mushy, elastic hair.;)

I have Aphrogee! I can do that about 1 per month since I'm post braid and special....lol .... also

I am asking on a couple of the treads for a good leave in / detangler.... If ya'll know of some links post them or bump up the threads so that I check it out. I have something to return to Sally's so I would like to do an exchange...

This is so good.

I co washed and I sat under my Ion hood for 6 minutes.... Put some ORS OO lotion on...Will slick later with Castor Oil. Slap on Pony! Done, ready to hit the streets ! LOL.... Who knew???

AtlantaJJ said:
:eek: What's that, it's not on my list...newbie doesn't know all the lingo yet?? C&G >> :lol:

Crown and Glory..., a technique for using braids to grow your hair.

Mystic said:
Crown and Glory..., a technique for using braids to grow your hair.

I want to know more about the crown and glory technique? What type of braided styple would work to keep the hair healthy, not dry it out and not tug out my edges.. that's what happend to me before with the micro braids and such.

Back