Wow, Castor Oil Is NO Joke!

Daisimae

I finally got to K-Mart to buy some castor oil on Monday. Used it with my wash on Tuedsday, after my hair was dry and moisturized and I had used EndAll. I put a little oil, just on my ends. Two to three inches from the end of my hair. I put on my satin cap. Didn't think much about my hair yesterday.

Earlier this AM, I took off the cap and ran my fingers thru my hair. I could actually feel where I had put the castor oil! There was that much difference in the texture and silkiness of the hair that had the oil on it. So this time when I moisturized I used a bit of Breakfree, EndAll and then a light coating of castor oil all over. I'm going to check it in a few hours to see if my whole head felt like my ends did this am.

This stuff is great, cheap too!

HairBearerCare

I just bought a big bottle of Castor oil form my local healh food store yesterday... can't wait to do my co-wash today and spray it on there :)
Does anyone know if a little goes a long way with this product? Or do i need to spray on a generous amount...

♦K.O♦

In my opinion, a little castor oil goes a long way.

To the OP, my hair loves it when I put breakfree and seal with castor oil. Hopefully it will work for you, too.

SunnyDelight

I just bought a big bottle of Castor oil form my local healh food store yesterday... can't wait to do my co-wash today and spray it on there :)
Does anyone know if a little goes a long way with this product? Or do i need to spray on a generous amount...

YESSSSSS! Castor oil is NO JOKE.

HairBearerCare - yup - a little does go a long way with castor oil. I'd concentrate on my ends and then rub hands together and put whats on my hands on length of hair. BTW - your hair is very pretty.

**WonderWoman**

CO is def. helping thicken my hair & I know it's CO b/c i only put it on my ends and the top layer of my hair (both of which are thick now), but i neglected to put CO in the inside middle of my hair and that area is considerably thinner.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I love Castor Oil too!

I can't wait till my hair gets long enough where I can start using it for braid-outs and twist-outs. Wow, think of all the softness.

Tee

Girl, give me my hair back! lol (your siggy looks just like my wash and go's) Yes, a little goes a long way with the Castor Oil.

HairBearerCare

Oh that's great! Thanks allot now that I know that alittle goes a long way what about putting it in a spray bottle with maybe some water and i don't know...coconut oil or something..lol not too sure still new at this stuff so I guess what I am saying is, does anyone mix there castor oil with anything else?

Letitia- lol I'll give it to you only if you can tame it then give it back lol! Your hair is very pretty mind if i ask what type your hair is? Still trying to figure out what I have sitting on top of my head :)

SunnyDelight- Thank you so so much for the compliment and information :)

chellero

Wife Supremacist
Castor oil is amazing stuff. It's a shame that I didn't know about it before I found this site a few weeks ago.
*strokes silky soft hair*

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Bumping this thang up for Puddles :kiss:

Daisimae, don't forget to report on your results. I'm excited to hear, since I am battling a little with my NG. ;)

Puddles

On Cloud 9
Bumping this thang up for Puddles :kiss:

Daisimae, don't forget to report on your results. I'm excited to hear, since I am battling a little with my NG. ;)

[size=+1] Thanks for bumping SP. :bighug:

I'm doing a co-wash tomorrow.....instead of sealing with vaseline....I'm going to use castor oil.

Thanks again.....:yay:
[/size]

Daisimae

Ok, Ladies:

I just woke up (work nights). Pulled off the satin cap and what did I find?

Super soft, moisturized hair! My hair liked the Breakfree/EndAll/Castor Oil combo! :clap::clap::clap: . It feels thicker too. I used three small drops from my bottle.

When ever I change my siggy, I'll be adding this to my staples. Did I mention it's cheap too? If you haven't bought some of this, go now! I found it in K-Mart, but, every drugstore has it. Right now, there is a bottle calling your name...listen. Your hair will thank you!

gorgeoushair

Is all castor oil created equal? You have the drugstore kind, the health food store kind, and jbco. Does all give the same results?

Evazhair

I make a "pomade" of castor oil, jojoba, and aloe vera gel for my new growth. Detangling is no big thing, which is saying a LOT for my hair. I am noticing thicknening also. It's funny how those old time remedies show themselves to still be the TRUTH !!

InnerSoul

I love the jamaican black castor oil... But I mainly use it on my front hairline to help lay it down at night. I just wet the hairline and then put dabs of JBCO on it and then tie down with a scarf... the next morning my hairline is laid:yep:

yodie

I have read every post in this thread and I'm off to the store today to buy a bottle of castor oil.

can I apply on dry and damp hair OR is one way better than another?

my hair seems to be shedding more than usual since I had my last texturizer. I've also been wearing twist outs, so I'm not sure what's going on.

little worried!

Daisimae

Is all castor oil created equal? You have the drugstore kind, the health food store kind, and jbco. Does all give the same results?

I've never seen the other types of castor oil. My bottle says U.S.P which means United States Pharmacopeia. Basically, it means an item has a set recipe, and by law must have the same ingredients to be sold as that product. Aspirin is the same. No matter if it is Bayer or generic, it has the U.S.P. mark, so it's the same.

Tee

Oh that's great! Thanks allot now that I know that alittle goes a long way what about putting it in a spray bottle with maybe some water and i don't know...coconut oil or something..lol not too sure still new at this stuff so I guess what I am saying is, does anyone mix there castor oil with anything else?

Letitia- lol I'll give it to you only if you can tame it then give it back lol! Your hair is very pretty mind if i ask what type your hair is? Still trying to figure out what I have sitting on top of my head :)

SunnyDelight- Thank you so so much for the compliment and information :)

Oh no, I know all about that taming part. My arms get tired just thinking about it!! Mine is 3b. :yup:

alexstin

They all should work the same but some forms of the clear castor oil are purer than others in terms of being hexane free. I buy from the health food store(Heritage Store brand) to avoid hexane(a volatile hydrocarbon found in petroleum that is a major ingredient of gasoline and is commonly used as a solvent).

Tee

Candiel.....I ordered mine from FNWL. You can also check your local health food store.