Wrapping alternatives

Jada

My hair will not hold a curl when wrapped...does anyone have any suggestions of what to do with hair at night that will not hold a curl I would atleast like some bounce I am afraid of overnight rollersetting and I should also add that my hair is fine/thin I think that this has a lot to do with it.

caramelma

I had that same problem because I too have thin/fine hair. You should try pincurls, I tried and actually like pincurls but I dry set at night because it gives me the body that I desire.

ditto on the pin curls. Wrapping makes my fine hair makes it too flat. I lightly moisturize each section, pin curl in 4 or 5 sections and wrap with a silk scarf. Use smaller sections for a tighter curl.

In the morning I have a nice, full bodied curl. I learned to old school pin curl from here:
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip971.htm

Jada, you may also want to try loosely rolling your hair in satin rollers. Try just rolling the ends only, and not to the scalp. That will give you more bounce and less of a tight curl.

ellebelle88

I did pincurling when I wanted body and curls but didn't want to be bothered with heat. I haven't perfected them yet, but so far they have turned out pretty good because you don't have to be neat when you're doing the pincurls. However, sometimes after I take them out, I'm not quite sure how to style them so I end up with a head full of curls. Also, I find that the curls do drop fairly quickly. I'm not a big fan of hair spray so I don't know what else could be used to keep the curls longer.