Question about Wrapping

Phoenix11

When wrapping your hair what do you apply, if anything to it?

I just started wrapping my hair at night, but my hair is very very fine/thin and appling anything to it will weight it down. I want to wrap my hair dry to keep it's swing. Will wrapping dry cause damage?

thanks

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Wrapping hair frequently is sometimes damaging to the edges. It can make them thin. If you change up the direction of the wrap that will help. I apply a small amount of oil before wrapping but you don't have to. Also cross-wrapping is another option that dosen't put any stress on the edges.

krikit96

^^^ What she said...:yep:

Although, you may not have a problem. I've been wrapping my hair since 94 and I never experienced any issues from WRAPPING... as long as you take care of your hair... but Ive tried the cross wrap and it didn't really work so good for me. I usually try to wrap to the left one week and rotate to the right the following week. HTH

silkii_locks

I've been wrapping for years as well and never really had any issues. I apply a tiny bit of coconut oil or shea butter to my ends only and only if it really needs it. My hair is thick but my strands are fine and can easily be weighed down as well, so I try to avoid using too much oil, butters, moisturizers....etc, as much as possible. HTH!

Dove56

I put a roller at the top of my head (in the crown area) and I wrap around the roller. I use just a DROP of Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) Olive Oil Serum and it makes my hair so smooth and shiny.

Please follow the advice of switching sides when wrapping. You can end up with a much shorter length on one side, as I have. :sad:

Nyssa28

I find that if I apply my moisture and sealant to close to the time that I wrap it, it gets stiff and weighed down...The key for me is to wait at least 2 hours before attempting to wrap my hair after applying products. I'm slowly gettin away from wrapping and leaning towards rollers in the top and pin curls all around.

MizzCoco

my hair didnt act right when i tried to switch sides...lol but anyway I use a very little coconut oil on my wrap and that is enough to keep it shiny without weighing it down

Phoenix11

I took down my wrap today and my hair still had swing (or is it swang) lol. The only thing is I had to bump the ends just a bit because my hair was super straight...not a good look for my thin hair. I hope I will not have to do this everyday because I am avoiding heat at all cost.

I will try just a dab of oil on the ends tonight when I wrap and see if my hair gets weighed down by it.

mzsophisticated26

I was just going to make a post about this. I am having a hard time keeping my salon hair swang too when trying to stay with my regi. my hair is thin and gets weighed down easily even if I just add moisture to the ends.

newflowers

Will you successful wrapping ladies please, please give step-by-step wrapping for dummies instructions? I have tried so many times to wrap my hair with no success. I get the beehive thing inthe top of my head, the scarf comes off while I sleep, my hair is a wreck and a mess in the morning.

HELP PLEASE!! remember this is wrapping for the wrapping impaired - please be specific and use little words. :grin: