Wrapping is wreaking havoc on my hairline!

T

Tee

So, it finally dawned on me that my hairline troubles is due to my frequent wrapping! I've decided to give it up, but I don't know how to achieve a straight style without wrapping or resorting to using my flat iron. Help!! Anybody have suggestions for alternatives?

sweetcocoa

I stopped wrapping for basically the same reason. I still do sometimes but not as often. What works for me is pulling my hair back into a high ponytail at night....then in the morning before I get in the shower I wrap my hair then secure (low on your forhead below the hairline) with a hair net)and then of course cover your hair with a shower cap. After I shower while I am still in the steamy bathroom I remove the shower cap. I leave my hair wrapped until I'm ready to go out the door. The steam from the shower and then letting your hair air dry after the 'steaming' will set your hair. This way you don't have your hair wrapped for hours at a time...stressing the hairline and sides. Just be sure to secure the hair net beneath the hairline.

Tee!!! My 'Hair Smoothing Queen'

Wrapping affects my hair line too and I realized that. I still wrap but much less often because I don't wear my hair straight as much now. Maybe just one week out of the entire month (or two weeks). The rest of the time I airdry and do 2 pigtails which gives the hair a massive rest and I do notice the difference in adding that 'mini rest period' every month. Also, when I do wrap, I mainly use a very wide tooth comb which I feel is less aggressive than a regular tooth comb. I smooth over with my hands then cover.

Someone posted that an alternative wrap is do a centre parting and pull the right side around the back of the head and pin on the left. Take the left side and wrap around the back and secure on the right side. That way you are smoothing the hair line in the natural growth direction which is MUCH less stressful.

Hope this helps and er herm, if you discover any more 'smoothing gems' you know where to find me.

henrilou

I wrap, and one thing I found out is that: it is not the WRAP that wrecks the hairline but where you tie the SCARF. Make sure you wrap the scarf well onto your forehead. Meaning, that you don't put it right at the hairline so that it rubbs the hairline all night and breaks the hair off.