Wrapping,ponytail, bun , braid out!! HELP!!

marla

I have gotten some great advice on how to start really caring for my hair. I'm not familiar with the techniques. Does anyone have pictures of the above mentioned techiques so I can learn how to do them? I'm not sure if I am even wrapping my hair right. Do you wrap to dry it, or do you wrap when you sleep? What types of rollers do you use? What do you wrap it with? HELP!!!!

Peachtree

Hi Marla

Welcome to the board.

I have pics in my album that may be helpful..
"braid out" in April's album
"bun" in June's album

Here's also a link to a thread where I gave sum advice on "perfecting" your braid outs. Just make sure to read the entire thread... it's loaded with good tips throughout.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Women&Number=79058&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

Here's a link to a thread where I explained how I make my buns. U have to scroll through it a bit to get to the bun directions...

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Women&Number=91701&Forum=Women&Words=bun%20peachtree&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=90988&Search=true#Post91701

Hopefully this'll help u.

Spagirl

[ QUOTE ]
Do you wrap to dry it, or do you wrap when you sleep? What types of rollers do you use? What do you wrap it with? HELP!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Marla...Welcome to LHCF

Wrappping your hair can be done to dry the hair as well as to maintain the style at bedtime. You can also do a wrap style by using large magnetic rollers to dry the hair and then wrap it. Maintain style by wrapping at bedtime each night.

After you wash and do your deep conditioning routine you would use a leave-in conditioner and/or a setting lotion and then wrap the hair around your head (beehive). Then you apply oil to your hair (gently rub oil in circular motion on hair before wrapped hair is completely dry ). You can use duck bill clips to help keep your hair in place as you wrap it and to hold your wrap if necessary. Then use a hood or bonnet dryer to dry the hair. At bedtime lightly moisturize as needed and wrap hair and apply a satin/silk scarf to maintain style and to properly care for hair ends. HTH!

KAT

Hi Marla,

I wrap my hair when it's dry or wet. I don't use rollers at all. When my hair isn't braided I keep it wrapped. I wrap it before I go to bed so when I wake up in the morning it will be a straight styly with a bend to the ends. I can pin it up, style it down or how ever. It's pretty easy and does not require any heat.

I wrap my hair from left to right, if this helps any.

Good luck.

Kat