Wrapping Your Hair Without Combing

Isis

I would like to learn how to wrap my hair this year, mainly my already dry hair without combing it. I sense that it is possible and even attempted it myself doing the cross wrap, but I don't know what to do with my ends, which stick out.

Any suggestions? If I missed a thread about this, please let me know--I did see the other wrap threads with combing. How are you ladies wrapping your hair without combing it? :sekret:

baglady215

I did this last night. It's hard to explain, but I kind of lean to the side, fingercombing my hair around my head. Once the right side is all the way around to the left, I hold the right side and lean the other way, fingercombing the rest of it around. Then I go around my head a couple times with my hands to smooth around. Sometimes a little moisturizer will help to make it more smooth. Then I throw the scarf on and kind of swirl it around in the same direction, then tie it up. Dag, I may have confused you more :lol:

Isis

baglady215 said:
I did this last night. It's hard to explain, but I kind of lean to the side, fingercombing my hair around my head. Once the right side is all the way around to the left, I hold the right side and lean the other way, fingercombing the rest of it around. Then I go around my head a couple times with my hands to smooth around. Sometimes a little moisturizer will help to make it more smooth. Then I throw the scarf on and kind of swirl it around in the same direction, then tie it up. Dag, I may have confused you more :lol:
:lol: So how are you pinning the sides up, or are you?

baglady215

I don't pin my sides up. My hair kind of stays where I put it, so to speak. Sometimes it's like a marathon to get the scarf on before it falls down though. But I guess you could get it all around to one side, pin that side, and then go around the whole head. HTH!

Isis

baglady215 said:
I don't pin my sides up. My hair kind of stays where I put it, so to speak. Sometimes it's like a marathon to get the scarf on before it falls down though. But I guess you could get it all around to one side, pin that side, and then go around the whole head. HTH!
Thank you Baglady for your wrapping technique. I will certainly keep this in mind. :yep:

Anyone else wrapping without combing?

Whimsy

baglady215 said:

that was perfectly described lol. As I read it I pictured myself doing the exact same thing. I have to like RUN for the scarf to get it on before the wrap starts to collapse.

When I'm desperate I'll use a paddle brush to help.

aurora3140

baglady215 said:

Excellent description Baglady! I didn't know if this was possible, but I just tried this after reading your post. I thought my hair would have to be longer to do this, but it worked :D! I've been wrapping my have nightly for years because it allows me to have straight hair every morning without direct heat and the sides of my hair have suffered. Now maybe I can get them back. Thank you!

Babychoc

This is a good thread. Is there anyone else that have tried wrapping without combing? I really like wrapping nightly, but I get entirely too much breakage from combing my hair into a wrap with a comb or paddle brush :(. I've tried using my hands only and it was hard to do, but I did get it wrapped. I know it will get better with more practice.

shunemite

I would like to learn how to wrap my hair this year, mainly my already dry hair without combing it. I sense that it is possible and even attempted it myself doing the cross wrap, but I don't know what to do with my ends, which stick out.

Any suggestions? If I missed a thread about this, please let me know--I did see the other wrap threads with combing. How are you ladies wrapping your hair without combing it? :sekret:

@ the 1st bolded: I have a bob and what I do at 6-8 weeks post when I cross wrap is I use 3 duck bill clips: one in the middle (nape), and the other 2 @ each end where the ends are, like around my ears. Then I tie the scarf and pull out the duck bill clips. It stays flat all night, I swear.

@ 2nd bolded: I use a shower comb. But then again, I have fine thin hair. If you have thick hair, maybe I'm of no help.

ladyfay

I don't comb when I wrap my hair either. I would just grab my hair in the direction I want to start my wrap and clip it, continue curving the hair and clip it, I would continue this process until my hair is clipped all around my head. My hair is not laying super flat when I do this, but when I wake up it is flat as if I combed or brushed my hair. I do sleep with the clips in my hair that is covered with a scarf.