Yahoo Answers

cottoncoily

I'm just wondering if anyone on here goes there to answer questions. Today while searching for people to help I came across this question about if a relaxed head can co-wash. I looked at one of the answers and this is what the girl said

"Wash your hair every 2 weeks. Your perm will last longer. :ohwell:After you blowdry it, oil your scalp and hair(mosturizer for hair). Then you can flat iron it or bump it(no need for both) and spray your hair with olive oil hair sheen. Then wrap it. When ever you wash it, do a deep condition. You don't need all that extra work. As long as you keep your scalp well greased and you add morsturizers to your hair while its damp before you blowdry it, your hair won't be dried out.

And for the record You can't wash your hair with conditioner, its just conditioning. That was just urkin me b/c I've seen a few ppl write "wash my hair with conditioner".:perplexed

Good Luck!!!

* 1 day ago

Source(s):
Luster's Pink Lotion
:nono:, Olive oil, Ultra Sheen(blue and silver can), African Pride, Motions."

The things in bold really got to me. It seems that so many people don't know about proper hair care and I feel the need to pay it forward (wasn't there a thread on paying it forward). Anyways just thought I share. Hopefully more people on Yahoo that know about healthy hair care practice will step up and share there answers. Here's the link if you want to take a look at the other answers

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiMeIBBgDcDs9TR0JumQF3gjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20080706175953AA2aF5p

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I've asked questions on Yahoo before and I rarely get answers that make sense. The ones that make the most sense usualy have a link to LHCF or some other hair board.

JustKiya

*sigh*

Yeah, Yahoo Answers can have some real - crazy behind answers. It's very mainstream/traditional/same old same old/with a touch of drama, most of the time - I really do think most of the responders are under 18.... not saying the young folx can't know, it's just that many of them don't know - cuz their parents didn't know/don't care, ya know?

I usually leave links to more - reliable - sites when I stumble across an answer that makes me wanna start pulling my hair out. :look:

locabouthair

That's exactly how I felt when I was reading that.:nono:

My mom said something similar. The other day shes like, you need grease to strengthen your hair roots. I was like:rolleyes:.

I always cringe when people tell me they use grease. No offense to anyone.

Mook's hair

Grrrr,
No I've never posted answers in there before. Maybe I'll start.

Someone needs to explain to that one chick that CO wash is an abreviation for Conditioner Only Wash and that you can actually clean your hair and scalp without Suds.

Tarae

Well, someone on Yahoo Answers did say that HE LTR will not work for short hair, only long hair. :rolleyes:

Arcadian

Grrrr,
No I've never posted answers in there before. Maybe I'll start.

Someone needs to explain to that one chick that CO wash is an abreviation for Conditioner Only Wash and that you can actually clean your hair and scalp without Suds.

You may confuse her. Besides, she think Pink Oil is da truf.

-A

winnettag

I've come across some yahoo answers while searching for things. I have rarely been pleased with the responses, so I would never post a question on there. The answers either don't make sense, are intentionally rude or the person answering is not well informed.

LayneJ

I answer questions there all the time. I leave long, detailed answers for the most part. If I'm feeling a little lazy, I'll give them basic info., then leave the link to LHCF. I've gotten quite a few hair emails, too.

And yes, I do see some crazy answers/questions, especially when it comes to questions about loc'ing. The people who answer are almost always rude and nasty.

LongCurlyLocks

I did get one really good answer about the benefits of Olive Oil for the hair. This lady sounded very informative and said she used it on her scalp and her hair is waist length. Folks were saying she was lying and then she retorted back that her boyfriend is Italian and that's what they have great hair! Other times the answers have been crazy.

lovedone_24

I'm going back to greasing my scalp. Some of what she said wasn't all that off because the washing every 2 weeks thing is one method of what the board calls "low manipulation". Now I wouldn't advise it because my hair gets nasty too easily. Anyhow, I don't think anything is wrong with greasing the scalp in moderation as long as you understand the need for additional moisture. As for yahoo answers? I wouldn't ask anything. I did a search on how to regrow brows & while some offered advice on castor oil, olive oil, etc. others were like "I've never heard of using oil to grow hair". <<<< White people answer.

_belle

***** probably bald. . . let her stay bald. . . I can't WAIT until my hair is LONG so people will actually listen to the advice I give because at barely shoulder length they don't listen to me because all MOST black folks see is length not health. . .

and the reason not washing your hair "makes your relaxer last longer" is because the stuff AIN'T GROWING! :lachen: