Yah'shua, what does this word mean?

tffy2004

What religion is this term from and what does it mean I have never heard this before?

The reason I ask is because my son who is 2 years old has been running around the house saying what sounds like Joshua but with a "Y" instead of a "J" for the longest. I saw the word Yah'shua in the Sexual Soul Ties thread the first time I came into this forum and immediatley I thought of him running around saying "yoshua". We just moved from a predominately white town in Nebraska to North Dakota and the kids aren't around people who speak other languages so if Yah'shua is indeed what he is saying I am wondering where did he get it from.

Thank you all in advance for any help!!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
tffy2004 said:
What religion is this term from and what does it mean I have never heard this before?

The reason I ask is because my son who is 2 years old has been running around the house saying what sounds like Joshua but with a "Y" instead of a "J" for the longest. I saw the word Yah'shua in the Sexual Soul Ties thread the first time I came into this forum and immediatley I thought of him running around saying "yoshua". We just moved from a predominately white town in Nebraska to North Dakota and the kids aren't around people who speak other languages so if Yah'shua is indeed what he is saying I am wondering where did he get it from.

Thank you all in advance for any help!!

Hi Tffy :)

What your son speaks is beautiful. In Hebrew, Ye'Shua means, "Savior". It's spelled in a few different ways and in our Hebrew studies, it usually precedes with the letter 'Y' (Ye'Shua). Either way, it's beautiful.

The Messianic Jews use this name for Jesus.

I'll see what else I can find for you and will add it to this reply.

Hope this helps. :) Special blessings on your son. The word of God does say that a child shall lead us. Somehow, they always do...:lol:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Tffy, here is some information that I found online. My notes are too long to type. God is so faithful; He made it easy for me.

http://www.messiahpa.org/name.htm

This site explains a little more about the correct spelling. It makes a difference.

http://www.yeshua.com/AnswerQuestion.php?ID=803

Loving blessings to you and your beautiful family. Your son has way with words...look at the Bible Study he started. :lol: I think you have a little minister on your hands. ;)

tffy2004

Thank you so much for the links, I am off to look at them now with my husband, I told him about this and he didn't believe me. We joke around alot!!

nomoweavesfome

girl - that is proof right there your baby has the gift of tongues. ya-shua is hebrew interpreted as savior our Jesus Christ. awww I could kiss him. So innocent and close to God. (most babies are) Most people in the natural may think oh he's just talking but that is the Lord's doing and it's marvelous in our eyes.