Yarn braids...yay or nay?

morehairplease

Anyone here ever had these? If so, how did you take care of them? Next week I plan increasing my cardio from 30 min. to 60 and I sweat alot. This will be my first time with braids and any advice would be awesome. I would like to wash them once a week but I am really unsure about how to do this? Also, I have heard that they tend to dry the hair out and advice on avoiding this is greatly needed.

thanks in advance ladies
tishee

I did them for years. My hair was awful, but I don't think that was the reason. I thought they were pretty, a nice change, and easier to maintain than kanekalon braids.

sareca said:
I did them for years. My hair was awful, but I don't think that was the reason. I thought they were pretty, a nice change, and easier to maintain than kanekalon braids.

thanks sareca! Did you wash them while you had them in? If so, how exactly? I was reading on a google search earlier today that it takes forever for them to dry and they have a mildew type smell to them once that have completly dried.:eek: Please tell me this is not true.

I think 'Max' from the show Living Single had yarn braids. I always thought they were beautiful.

naturallady said:
I dont know for a fact, but isnt yarn made from strait cotton? If so it would seem to be extreamly drying.

I think so naturallady...not 100% sure though. But if it is I agree it would be drying to the hair. Off to think of another style.

MoonStar said:
I think 'Max' from the show Living Single had yarn braids. I always thought they were beautiful.

She did. I did not know that. Her hair was pretty now that I think about it. MoonStar your hair is BEAUTIFUL btw!

Back