Yassss! Little Girl Rejects Barbie Wig for Her Own Hair

cocosweet

My Daughter Rejected a Blonde Halloween Barbie Wig in Favor of Her Natural Hair

55Culture True Life
by Black Girl With Long Hair – October 31, 2013

Mom Crystal Russ Horace discovered this Halloween that her daughter’s love for her natural hair goes deep. Check it out;

Yesterday I took my daughter to get her shots. I rewarded her for being a good girl by going to get her Halloween costume. She picked out a Barbie fairy costume that came with a blonde wig. I kind of panicked inside but I allowed her to make her own choice. I had her try it on (even the wig) when we got home. To my surprise she said, “No mommy not that hair, I want to wear my own hair. I’m a brown Barbie.” Needless to say, I jumped and did a couple backflips in my head lol! She’s four years old and already knows her brown and kinky big hair is beautiful:)

I put the wig on her this morning and she still wasn’t having any of it so I straightened and banded her hair so she can wear it out tonight. She says she’s a brown Barbie and she likes her own hair better:)

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

ChristmasCarol

Soooo cayute!

Baby girl's hair is 1000x better looking than that horrific wig!

Her mother is doing a good job :yep:

Last edited:

BostonMaria

That blonde wig is just AWFUL
Phew so glad she said no to that hot mess LOL

Her hair is BEAUTIFUL! I'll wear her hair too LOL

GettingKinky

It warms my heart to read this. After seeing studies where black kids associate black dolls with negative characteristics (and fairly recent ones not just from the 60's), it makes me so happy to see your daughter chose her own hair.

She's a cutie and her hair looks great. She's lucky to have a mom like you to take care if it so well.

Last edited:

kupenda

Thats some gorgeous hair. So glad she chose her own beauty over the fake mainstream stuff. What a beautiful age to truly accept yourself

PureSilver

I love the fact that she already has high self esteem and accepts what she's been blessed with.

That wig is nothing near hot and 3 times the mess