YAY! I got a twist out to look half decent (finally)

FAMUDva

After trying and failing many times before, I finally got a half decent twist out today (twisted last night).

So, here's what I did, I had previously flat ironed my hair 2 days ago and didn't like the results (wasn't all that straight), so I flat twisted last night.

Used Sunsilk captivating curls leave in with a lil glycerin added on dry hair. (thanks LadyLibra for the Sunsilk commercial in your fotki videos :))

I did 4 flat twist and then added purple rods to the ends. Slept with it and took them down today. I was shocked that it actually looked okay :) I did notice that the side I put more of the leave in mix on was a bit tighter and prettier IMO. This is now definately a style I can live with through my summer transition. :grin: YAY! Now it won't be so bad in month 7. :look:

I'm 6 months post relaxer.

I updated my fotki with more pictures. http://members.fotki.com/FAMUDva/, the password is FAMU.

Last edited:

Tamrin

unapologetic
After trying and failing many times before, I finally got a half decent twist out today (twisted last night).

So, here's what I did, I had previously flat ironed my hair 2 days ago and didn't like the results (wasn't all that straight), so I flat twisted last night.

Used Sunsilk captivating curls leave in with a lil glycerin added on dry hair. (thanks LadyLibra for the Sunsilk commercial in your fotki videos :))

I did 4 flat twist and then added purple rods to the ends. Slept with it and took them down today. I was shocked that it actually looked okay :) I did notice that the side I put more of the leave in mix on was a bit tighter and prettier IMO. This is now definately a style I can live with through my summer transition. :grin: YAY! Now it won't be so bad in month 7. :look:

I updated my fotki with more pictures. http://members.fotki.com/FAMUDva/, the password is FAMU.

Beautiful. Im going to give this a try to. I have been doing braid outs. Im 22 weeks and that and co washing has been helping a lot. I love how soft it looks.

RosesBlack

Such a pretty style. Looks really nice.

Dumb question but is a flat twist kind of like a cornrow or am I thinking of something else?

FAMUDva

Such a pretty style. Looks really nice.

Dumb question but is a flat twist kind of like a cornrow or am I thinking of something else?
Yes it is. I can't cornrow to save my life, but I can flat twist. You take 2 strands instead of 3 to do the flat twist.

FAMUDva

What's up girlie? Have you seen Dee? Tell her I said "hi."

I have permrods but I don't know how to use them. :perplexed

I talked to Dee last week. I'll tell her you said hi :)

I just learned how to use the perm rods. I spiral the hair up them like I would a flexi rod then secure the cap. An alternative may be flexirod or a magnet roller. I tried it once with rubber bands and the hair folded and that looked a mess to me.

You could also try doing a nubian knot at the end or whatever they are called.

FindingMe

Nice! :yep: I might have to try a twist out, but I never get the same definition as a braid out. But I may try the 4 big ones like you did...:yep:

Cien

Pink is my signature color
good job!! it looks really thick and full!

pretty hair--and pretty lady!!! :)

Irresistible

Very pretty!:yep: