You know your hair is gettin longer when....

LondonDiva

<ul type="square">[*]It moves when you walk and dance.
[*]People can't look at you in your face when they talk to you and their eyes shift to your hair
[*]You can actually flick it and it goes over your shoulder.
[*]You hear women debating between themselves whether it's a weave or real.
[/list]

Feel free to add more /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Valerie

Because my hair is very coily in texture, it was always difficult to see the length, but I have noticed that now it is getting longer, I can feel my hair at the base of my neck when I comb it the length last for about 5 mins, then it coils up again. I have my hair in single plaits and they swing when I shake my head, before it would just stick out. Plus my head is itching me like mad, despite my rinsing daily.

pebbles

You know your hair is getting longer when:
-people actually ask you what you're doing to make your hair grow /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-family members touch your hair to check if it's a weave or a wig. My aunt came to the house yesterday, and while I was sitting at the table she came up behind me and yanked my hair real hard. She appologized after I yelled and said she thought it might be a wig because she never knew me to have much hair. /images/graemlins/mad.gif My problem with that explanation is, if I were wearing a wig it would be my business and she shouldn't try to embarrass me like that. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

NubianQueen

Pebbles,

I know this reply is off the topic of this thread, but.... I totally agree with you on how out of line your aunt was to yank on your hair like that! I used to work with this lady who I did not particularly care for because she would 'pick' on me (imagine that, a grown woman with a child having nothing better to do than be childish at WORK) anyway, in front of our customers, she dug her hand up the back of my hair! /images/graemlins/mad.gif I couldn't go off on her because I was at work in front of people but boy was I hot. Then a couple of years later, a lady who called herself my mom did the same thing. That just burns me to no end the audacity of people.

More women need to learn manners and how to respect one another. Will it help you sleep better at night if my hair is fake? Once you find it is real, why resort to negative comments like I am going to have to cut a few inches off? Yep, that's what my 'mom' said because she was disappointed that my hair was longer, thicker and healthier than hers. Sad sad sad.

I love looking at long healthy hair and just work at trying to achieve it myself instead of saying nasty things about it to make my hair seem better.

Okay, off my box!

Happy Hair Growing

NubianQueen

Monicurl

1) Your have to open your car sunroof to let your fro hang out to keep from crushing the top of it (true story!).

2) You hear the words "I know all that nappy s*** ain hurrrs" waft over to you in Sally's from a couple of "ladies" you just passed one isle over. Sadly, also a true story /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Ennyaa

I just got the funniest visual from your first one Moni! That is TOO cute! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

G

1. I think this is number one of all the reasons. When people keep asking "Is that your real hair???"
2. When people start asking for your hair regime.
3. When it seems like your arms are gonna break when you have to comb all of you hair when it's wet.
4. When you sit in a chair, and your back is crushing your hair, and when you sit up or change positions, you can feel you hair being tugged.
5. When someone who is talking to you is trying to look you in the eye and hair (whoever said that previously hit it right on the nail.)
6. When strangers ask you who does your hair and it doesn't even look good.
7. When a hairdresser suddenly wants to cut it because of "split ends" (THAT is how I know it is getting long. Sad but true).
8. When men compliment the length of your hair.
9. When friends start getting jealous or they start mocking everything you do to your hair (sad, but sometimes true).
10. When your mother tells you it is getting long! Heheheheeee!

Okay, I'm done.

Tracy

It's ok if this is relative to where my hair is now, right?

I'm just making the move past "a few inches past shoulders" and snaking my way slowly to "between-shoulder blade length" LOL! and I find that this is how I know I'm growing... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

My hair keeps getting caught under my bags and inside of my coat. It also is very difficult to extricate from my turtlenecks when I put them on and I'm NOT mad. /images/graemlins/cool.gif I wish I could actually go out like that without people looking at me funny. It makes me feel wintery. Like a snow bunny! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And my Momma always says - YOUR HAIR IS SO LONG! Everytime I see her with a big cheese grin. But she always says that - so I really can't go by that I guess. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ennyaa

Lucia.... I really wanted to ask you a question about the Viviscal (and I'm too lazy to start another thread)... I've been toying with the idea of buying it for a few months now. In your opinion, has it REALLY contributed at all to your growth? I mean I'm already taking SO many supplements and stuff I just wondered if it was worth adding.

Lucia

Well I've only been taking Viviscal since this summer but it has really upped the amount of length I get each month. First check out the ingredients (in case your allergic to fish) then I would try one box and see. THat's what I did I took 1/day for over a month then checked the results I've already gotten 1" and the month isnt over yet. I was monitering my growth every 2 months w/ the HF37 I was getting 3/4-1" a month. Now it's part of my regime.
I got that idea form Mnemone off the old LHL boards, and she posted a pick with tailbone length hair. If you need more info e-mail me
Lucia28AThotmail.com
hth /images/graemlins/cool.gif

terica

When your girl mistakes your real ponytail for a drawstring ponytail and she was actually wearing her contact lens at the time.

Ennyaa

Thanks for answering Lucia... Now all I have to do is try to hold off on buying till January. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Somehow I don't think I'm gonna make it though.

Azalia

After you get a relaxer see the length, you start pulling at your hair because you can't believe that your hair is really that long /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. When one of your good friends that you tried to get to measure your new growth looked at your hair and said I don't think that is new growth that's probably coming from brushing your hair too much, then after you show her your progress 2 months later and pictures to prove it all she can say yeaaaa yooou diiid geeet alllot of grooowth real slow. He He He /images/graemlins/wink.gif Happy Growing!

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Will it help you sleep better at night if my hair is fake? Once you find it is real, why resort to negative comments like I am going to have to cut a few inches off?

[/ QUOTE ]

NubianQueen,
Your "mom" must be related to my aunt. /images/graemlins/mad.gif Unbelievable!! When I used to wear a weave, this same aunt used to go out of her way to make sure people knew it wasn't my hair. /images/graemlins/mad.gif Maybe it did make her sleep better. Vindictive old witch!! Aahhh, I feel better now that I got that off my chest. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
2) You hear the words "I know all that nappy s*** ain hurrrs" waft over to you in Sally's from a couple of "ladies" you just passed one isle over. Sadly, also a true story

[/ QUOTE ] Monicurl, I would love to see a picture /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne0914

...people who you are invisible to when you wear it up miraculously "see" you when you wear it down. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

adrienne

Monicurl

HoneyVibe: Monicurl, I would love to see a picture

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure! I have an album that I have been keeping since I first cut it off a little over a year and a half ago. You are more than welcome to visit /images/graemlins/smile.gif. It's at http://public.fotki.com/monicurl/

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
...people who you are invisible to when you wear it up miraculously "see" you when you wear it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

((( nods ))) This is true. My boss ( a white lady) would always pull her hair back, and, I dunno, one day she came in with it down just to pick up some check drafts, ... and we couldn't stop staring at the difference. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
Monicurl, I just saw your pictures, and, um,...
...YOU'RE MY HERO!

pebbles

Monicurl,

Wow! Your hair is beautiful!! Makes me want to go natural! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Monicurl

Aww, thanks Adrienne, Honey Vibe and Pebbles /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif. You makin' me blush! I've been lazy, but I'll try to keep it up to date better /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

G

Daggonit you Monicurl!

How dare you!

Up here tempting me to go natural! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You have REALLY beautiful hair! What type of gel do you use to accent your curls? The curl in your hair is very similar to mine, and I am really tempted to plunge! I am going to grown out my hair for a while, relaxer-free and see what happens.

But your hair is FAB-U-LOUS!!!!!

G

Nevermind.....I saw Thermasilk Gel..... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I gotta learn how to read...... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Lita

Yes, Lucia that happens to me when i wear my hair out. I keep it in a bun 90% of the time. I hate it when P E O P L E pull it to see if it's real /images/graemlins/mad.gif. It's sad to say /images/graemlins/frown.gif. Current hair length mid-back. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif