You KNOW your hair is getting longer because...

When I put my head under the shower head, my hair FEELS heavy and I have to use extra neck strength to keep my head up :lol:

The other day after I washed, I put my hair in a sloppy bun on top of my head and dh asked ''Is that all you?!''

I haven't seen my sister in years and when I sent her a pic of my hair the other day, she said ''I hate you'' :lachen:

when my own father who sees me regularly for past ten years starts to asks if this is all my hair then suddenly switches it when i give him the evil eye and goes damn girl your hair got loong.:rolleyes:

I'm barely able to rollerset my own hair anymore because my arms can't stretch any further.

Cosign on this.

I hate the hair in the lipstick look as well.

Yesterday I was on my cell phone and closed it to quick so I had to stand there and de-tangle the hair from the crevice of the phone.

Have to adjust your hair in the car when its down.

Accidentally eating your hair if you aren't paying attention.

This is so funny I was just thinking about this yesterday..I had just flat ironed for the first time in a while and I took off my shirt to see how close it was to my armpit, and when I put my shirt back on I had to flip it out from in the neck of my shirt. Of course I had to run into the living room to tell my husband:grin:

When my curls look looser while wet.

When I accidently yank the hair without using any hands.

When it gets snagged in the car door.

When I have to grab a measuring tape because the shed hair
looks too long to have come from my head.:lol:

When white/asian people say, "Wow, your hair is long."

When people who know you suddenly think you must be "mixed.":rolleyes:

When people try to use x-ray vision to see off into your scalp.

When my cousin with butt cheek length relaxed hair says to me,
"Is that a weave?":rolleyes:

...when I have to move it off my shoulders so it won't get caught by my purse strap

...when wet, it's just a few inches from my natural waist

...my buns are getting bigger

...I have to move it out of the way before fastening my bra

ok..so I feel u on the bolded...but I can't wait for the other two to come around.

**Hair getting stuck to lip gloss.....I really hate this!
**I can pull some of my hair to inspect the ends from all angles to inspect it with my own eyes and not a mirror.
**My white next door neighbor comments on the growth every time I straighten it.
**My hair feels very heavy on my neck and back.

And my hair not even that long yet!!

Ita with all

I love doing the bolded :yep::grin:

when I can reach around and grab my hair from the back

when i realize I'm too tired to wash my hair every week cause the process keeps getting longer.

When I find myself coming to this side of the forum for help in how to style,wash etc.

when my mom told me it's too long:ohwell::perplexed:rolleyes:

when I'm dying to have it texlaxed again after 3 months of stretching.

of course getting compliments.

Showing the progress pics and smiling hard cause the hair looks good.

Not even at my goal yet,but knowing I will be maybe next year :grin:

Last edited:
The biggest one for me:
I knew my hair was getting longer when all the "friends" who were making fun of me when i told them about how long my hair was gonna be don't say crap when i wear my hair down. All they do is stare at my hair from afar and don't even dare ask what i'm doing to it. They lost that chance a long time ago.:heated:

see, we told you they'd be eating their own discouraging words to you... and you can bet those words are BITTER!!! :lachen: i can't wait to hear more as your hair grows out... i am happy for you!!! :grin:

When I detangle under the shower and can't believe my hair is hanging down past my shoulders, toward APL!

When I flatiron or get a blowout and it looks like pieces have been added to my hair :grin:

The curly fro and puff keep expanding! :)

wow, thanks for the shoutout in your siggy! i feel special being someone's inspiration... :yep:

When I put my head under the shower head, my hair FEELS heavy and I have to use extra neck strength to keep my head up :lol:

The other day after I washed, I put my hair in a sloppy bun on top of my head and dh asked ''Is that all you?!''

I haven't seen my sister in years and when I sent her a pic of my hair the other day, she said ''I hate you'' :lachen:

Now, that's funny! :lachen::lachen: (concerning the bolded):

My list:

...it takes longer to dry
...my arms are getting really tired during rollersetting
...my wet hair is getting heavier
...it can get trapped by my seatbelt or purse shoulder strap
...my buns are bigger
...it use more product when washing, conditioning, etc.

Last edited:
When you go to the salon to get your usual do', and get your tab and think the salon is upping their prices just to realize you have officially been dubbed with the 'long hair' fee. :rolleyes:

This happens to me everytime I see my sis, which is like once a week. She'll give t a tug to make sure it's all mine and then say "I hate you *****"!! Gotta love it!:grin:

• It feels like something is crawling on my back when I'm washing it.
  • It hits my back as I'm walking...cuz it's swangin.
  • I stop my husband from putting his arm around my shoulders cuz it pulls my hair.
  • I can rest all of my hair on one shoulder like they do on TV...and think I have a style.
  • Wrapping and pin curling my hair takes way too much time.

when ur hair gets caught in ur scunci when u make a ponytail:...

....when I pull my hair thru the scunci after i twist it the first time: so now i have to make sure before i twist and go thru the ponytail again: make sure my ends are not in the way.

when u are eating at a restaurant and your hair is sitting in one of your plates of food on table the entire time and u don't know. then look down and end of hair full of cheesecake and the hair smeared the cheesecake all over your blouse.

walking in store past clothing fixtures and hair gets freakin caught in a fixture

using public restroom. squatting over toilet and have to hold hair from hittin toilet or goin inside it.
i have never had that problem. one day...:yep:

during sex when it gets caught in every crease, fold, sweat spot. or kissing with mouth full of hair..or when SO keeps havin to move my hair away.
the kissing stuff yeah..the other stuff...:look:

i didn't put it up cause i wanted to look tousled and sexy:look::lol:

what i hate is when driving, rolling up the window, and my hair gets caught in the freaking window. hurts like heck...

also seeing hair EVERYWHERE..in the sink, in the kitchen, etc. Long strands everywhere...in the shower...in MY crease :drunk:

having to pull my hair back when rinising out my mouth.

when sitting in church and can only bend my head so far down before feeling pulling against the pew.

when having to do the yt girl flip over the shoulder when it gets in the way. when having to pull your hair out from under your coat and haters are :ohwell:.

LOVING IT!!!!

This happens to me everytime I see my sis, which is like once a week. She'll give t a tug to make sure it's all mine and then say "I hate you *****"!! Gotta love it!:grin:

LOVE THAT!! When friends/family see you and say...OMG! You hair grew... I wish I had such long hair.

I see you are growing out your hair.

Running up behind you, holding your hair up to their heads with their wishful thinking...ummmmm yeah!!! :grin:

ok here's my recent ones:

- when i came to see my dad for txgiving ready to cook, while he is out buying groceries, he buys me a HAIR NET!!!! :lol: hilarious!!! (just like the ladies in the cafeteria. i guess he didn't want any hair shedding in his food - hee hee!)

- when the folks at church ask me if it's a weave, knowing that i stopped weaving since the last weaveologist popped my stuff out of my head :mad:

- when whenever i am at home i put on a satin bonnet bcuz i can't stand it in my face

- when my hairdresser fusses at me for not combing my hair, :ohwell: but then notes that other clients i know who have long hair do the same thing :yep:

- ETA: my praise dance teacher will not let me wear my hair down in class

- ponytail is making progress

- the size of the rollers the dominican lady uses

- family members note the growth

- breaking combs, barrettes and hair clips

Last edited:
When your putting rollers in your hair and have to reach alllll the way over there to put it at the end of your hair and struggle with rolling.

When detangling tryn to comb my hair it seems like I have to reack far back to try to detangle the botthom first.

When I lay on it.

When I lean my head way back and look into the big mirror behind me with a little morrior just enough to show where the hair starts it looks full waist length:grin:

when my hair is wet...I can touch the hair in the middle of my back without having to contort my arm around like I'm double-jointed:lachen:

I do that too! I was so excited when I first realized I could. I was actually reaching behind me to scratch my back and was so surprised when I touched my hair!

I know my hair is growing cuz it gets caught in EVERYTHING! :ohwell: My poor hair gets pulled by straps, babies, ME(I somehow pull it when I'm laying back in a chair and then start to sit up) and my boyfriend(he is CONSTANTLY accidentally pulling or LAYING ON my hair....270 lbs pulling my hair:nono:). I'm happy that's it's long enough to get in the way but at the same time, I'm worried my hair is getting damaged!

When folks start asking what kind of shampoo and conditioner you use.:grin: I have been getting this a lot lately.

Cant tell- my hair shrinks up to much to tell. I have sworn off direct heat and even though I want to blow dry and flat iron in April for the Ayurvedic challenge- Im hedging cause Im afraid of putting direct heat on my hair( Dominican Salon fiasco). I guess ill be able to tell cause my roots are darker than the rest of my hair.
Before anyone suggests rollersetting- Im still working on doing it in less than 2 hours without my hands cramping!

people start asking "is that your hair?." Also, they start touching your roots doing the weave check.

i'm forever getting hair caught underneath my purse strap when i wear my hair down... it's gotten so bad i now carry several bobby pins in my pocket at all times so i can pin up that side of my hair!

Back