You might think I'm crazy, but I'm so happy I have

ms_kenesha

You might think I\'m crazy, but I\'m so happy I have

nape hair!

No, not the hair that is just the regular last inch of your hair(oft times called the kitchen), but the soft fine downy hair that comes at the sides past your kitchen in the back!

Okay, here's the story. I've seen it on my lil sister and wondered why I didn't have any. I saw it on my fiance and thought it was soooo soft and gorgeous and forbade him to get his hair shaped up so he wouldn't shave it all. And then today I'm looking in the mirror and catch a side long glance of myself and I'm like what's that dark stuff on my neck in the back. Then I touch it and it's soft, then I crane my face closer to the mirror and THERE IT IS!!! soft black nape hair! Is it the Surge??? Is it my mental state to finally accept and love my natural hair as it comes in???? Whatever it is I am as happy as I could be!

PS: I'm also loving how thick, healthy, and dark my new growth looks!

keylargo

Re: You might think I\'m crazy, but I\'m so happy I have

I can't quite picture what you are saying but if you're happy about it, I'm happy! Congrats!

Ayeshia

lol i have it too and you know what it doesnt stop at my nape it goes all the way down my back (yuck). its not thick but it bothers me sometimes.

blue_flower

Are you talking about "baby hair," the soft downy hair behind your ears?

ms_kenesha

Re: You might think I\'m crazy, but I\'m so happy I

I'm
because I know it sounds nuts!

Blue_flower, that's exactly what I'm talking about the "baby hair" I was convinced I had none, but I think the relaxers were just burning it all off.

ChasingBliss

I thought it was just me with that. I think that it's so pretty. I love it. I know some who actually shave it off. I never understood that. I love that whole area at the back of my neck (the curly nape hairs and the part you are referring to)and when I do touch ups, I make sure not to touch that area at all. One day I will reach the point of not relaxing any part of my head.

blue_flower

I remember years ago I went to a salon to get a texturizer. My scalp was burning, especially at the nape. The hairdresser said,"Just leave it on a little longer so it can take." Well, after she rinsed the relaxer off, *all* of my "baby hair" was burned off and my skin was pink and stinging. I was devasted. After I left the salon, I put my hat on and didn't take it off until I got home. I'm glad that you're "baby hair" is back.

ms_kenesha

Thanks Blue Flower I'm glad too!

HoneyLemonDrop you are not the only one I think it's sooo pretty and I don't know why people purposely get rid of it!

LiqueXX

I know exactly what you are talking about
!! I now have it too, thanks to Surge. I think relaxers do burn it off because the hair is so fine.

Karonica

They sure do. This summer when I went without perming (4 months total), I had all these strange hairs growing on my edges and nape. I was like, WTF?

loverofnaps71

Ms K: You're going to LOVE being natural. I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world. And you know what, as you continue, little hairs will continue to grow all around your edges in the front AND the sides. I've always had fine hair, especially on the sides of my hair. But thanks to being natural, they grew in and is full! When I did my two-strand twists, I could twist long, full hair on my SIDES! Could NEVER do that before as a relaxed head. Thanks also to Surge. What a terrific product. It is making my hair a bit fuller, particularly in the crown area (the toughest to grow for me). Yes, things are progressing along nicely and I'm very happy for you. Please do check out Motown Girl's website: www.motowngirl.com. There you will find INCREDIBLE information on caring for transitioning and natural hair. She is my personal inspiration (her 4a hair has grown almost to bra-strap length!). Good luck, stay sweet, and Happy New Years!

P.S. BTW, I hope to take some cam pics while at Dad's for the holidays. Perhaps I can finally get some posted...

caress

I have it too! I like to play with it every now and then.