Your Commitment

hair_wit_favor

I was riding to work this morning and I passed a church with a sign that asks "What's standing in between your commitment to God?" I thought this was an interesting question...I allowed a worthless relationship between me and a guy come between my relationship with God...I was doing things I knew was wrong because I wanted to please him instead of the Father. Anyone else would like to share what they have allowed in the past to come between their commitment to God?

dlewis

I was recently thinking about some things. I've cussed several times this week and I hate that. Yesturday morning I was thinking is this really the example I want to set for my kids? Is G-d pleased with me using his lanuage? I'm I please with myself using this awful lanuage? The answer is NO! I have to do better.

So I've made a vow to myself that there's no room in my life for that and some other things I've picked up. I'm not about that.

Jenaee

I was riding to work this morning and I passed a church with a sign that asks "What's standing in between your commitment to God?" I thought this was an interesting question...I allowed a worthless relationship between me and a guy come between my relationship with God...I was doing things I knew was wrong because I wanted to please him instead of the Father. Anyone else would like to share what they have allowed in the past to come between their commitment to God?

^^^ I was sooo guilty of this!! This just happened in my last relationship and it ended horribly. I think GOD removed this guy from my life because I was allowing him to block my commitment to HIM. It hurt me something terrible at the time but it brought me closer to HIM.

hair_wit_favor

^^^ I was sooo guilty of this!! This just happened in my last relationship and it ended horribly. I think GOD removed this guy from my life because I was allowing him to block my commitment to HIM. It hurt me something terrible at the time but it brought me closer to HIM.

I totally feel what you're saying..I think that's the reason thing's ended the way they did.

nychaelasymone

I'm so guilty of doing the same thing. Right now, I'm just taking time to pray and read the word believe God is just going to remove and move everything that is keeping me from being in His will. Its just become extremely clear that God is not going to allow anyone to commit to me, until I commit to Him.

PaperClip

Fear of rejection.... not that God doesn't love me.... but that God's love/relationship isn't better than what the world can offer....

...but then I'm REAL STUPID because I've "saved" myself from the world in that I stayed in church during the years I shoulda/coulda been really out there in the world partying and could blame it on reckless youth....

...I can't say that today with a straight face....

OMGoodness.... I think this is the first time I've actually been able to articulate this....

I feel so terrible right now.... I feel like I've betrayed the Lord by feeling/saying this....

I feel like saying/feeling this is like I'm poo-poo'in on ALL THE LOVE and FAVOR that the Lord has given me in this life.... And He's favored me, y'all... beyond measure....

I'm too stunned/scared to cry right now....

PaperClip

I'm so guilty of doing the same thing. Right now, I'm just taking time to pray and read the word believe God is just going to remove and move everything that is keeping me from being in His will. Its just become extremely clear that God is not going to allow anyone to commit to me, until I commit to Him.

Sigh.... oh my.... but I'll never be perfect.... I'll never get this right, will I?

I need a serious spiritual intervention right now behind this statement....

Ms Lala

I allowed grad school to become too much of a priority. I'm seriously thinking about quitting school if I can't find the balance I need to. I was just too focused on it and I was spending more time in class and doing school work than w/God.

gottabme247

Romans 8:1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
When we acknowledge what our wrongs are, that is also the beginning of wisdom and maturity. We all fall short, and God's mercies are new everyday!!!! Don't let the enemy allow you to be guilty at all and don't allow him to use you as a trash can to dump negative thoughts concerning yourselves.
Blessings, my sisters