God wanted me to share this w/you!

NOLA2NY

God's word is such a comfort to us during the good, bad and ugly.
A few months ago I made a promise to myself and a commitment to Christ to read his word daily. I have tried reading the entire Bible before and each time I didn't succeed. Primarily because I put it on a time table. I had to read 'x' amount of pages/chapters a day to meet my quote. In the process I felt like my true commitment was to accomplish reading the bible cover to cover opposed to meditating and dwelling on God's words. When I realized what I was doing I had to ask God's forgiveness and re-group. He revealed to me that I was in no race and that His word is constant and that the only commitment I should make is to read His word daily. Since I have taken this approach there has been days where I have read a few verses or even a whole Book but I stayed true to the commitment. In the process I can say God has truly blessed me. There has not been a day when the message I've read for that day did not speak to me. It became so intriguing until I could wait to read the next passage to see what God was going to speak to me about. And when I say speak to I mean in a very personal way. While reading last week during my daily devotional period I felt as if God was speaking directly to me, It gave me chills. It was so pronounced that I began reading that verses over and over again every night coupled with my daily reading. Last night as I read it again...God made it very clear to me that I should come here and share this message and verses with you ladies. Yes he was clear that LHCF was the place. :grin: I pray that it will be as much a blessing for you has it been for me. I am working on incorporating this message into my life. I share this thread with you because obedience is better than sacrifice. Be blessed ladies.

Phillippians 4:6-7 (NLT) This is the version I read daily
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Phillippians 4: 6-7 (The Message Bible)
6-7Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

Highly Favored8

Thank You for this post! Lately on this Forum just wonderful scriptures are comming out for me! God be the Glory thank you God Bless.:yep:

magviv

This was right on time for me. I have some very stressful things going on at work and I have a tendency to worry rather than take it to God. Your service to God has spoken to me in a very timely manner. May God bless you.

flautist

Thanks, for your post. I stubbled upon this verse back in 1982, when I was a freshman in college. It has been a guide for my life ever since. Be blessed.:yep:

NOLA2NY

Magviv, I am pleased that this has been a blessing to you. Isn't it amazing how God knows what you need when you need it...

Highlyfavored, isn't it wonderful when God speaks to us!

Sashaa, it feels so good to share Christ with everyone!

Flautist, you know what I'm talking about..this is definitely a life principle!!!!

VirtuousGal

Wow, Phil 4:6-7, thank you for this. My eyes welled as I began reading it. You don't know how I have been feeling this summer about work, college, graduating, student loans, relationships, everything and this was a great scripture to receive. Thank you for being obedient to the Lord.

NOLA2NY

Wow, Phil 4:6-7, thank you for this. My eyes welled as I began reading it. You don't know how I have been feeling this summer about work, college, graduating, student loans, relationships, everything and this was a great scripture to receive. Thank you for being obedient to the Lord.

Virtuous don't get me all misty eyed! I know what you feel. Since I posted this thread I have had this unexplainable JOY and PEACE and that I know it is God.

Make this scripture a part of your life. When I was struggling with somethings before I asked God for peace and he freely gave it to me. Since then and before discovering these scriptures every night before going to bed I would ask God for peace. When I found the scripture it was like God gave me the answer to the formula I was seeking. His Peace surpassed all understanding.

Virtuous God has a plan for your life that is beyond anything you can and will imagine. :grin:

Renovating

I must cosign on the previous posts as well. This scripture is definitely right on time, because I too have been feeling overwhelmed lately. Thanks.:yep: