Your Comparison Pics

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
How often do you take your comparison pics? I take mine once a month, but I want to space them out more so I can see a real difference and be REALLY proud of myself. Maybe every 3 months... what do you think?

I think 2-3 months is enough to see progress. If you really want drama try once every 6 months. :yep:

I think 2-3 months is enough to see progress. If you really want drama try once every 6 months. :yep:

OMG... I never thought about 6 whole months... the thought of the possible progress makes me :drool: Wow... I think that's what I'll do. Thank you so much for that suggestion!!:drunk:

I take them at least once per month....just can't wait. LOL They've been such poor quality, that I haven't posted them or added them to a fokti album. BUT!!! I just got home from the store a few minutes ago with a new digital cam, so I can take lots of pics now.

These are from my phone, the rest will have better quality!

These were taken Aug 10, Sep 20, and Dec 1

Attachments

• August 10_3.jpg
    August 10_3.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 8
  • September 20.jpg
    September 20.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 9
  • December 1.jpg
    December 1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 11
Everytime I do something new. Like today I updated my fotki. I did my own Kinky twists Im so proud.

OMG... I never thought about 6 whole months... the thought of the possible progress makes me :drool: Wow... I think that's what I'll do. Thank you so much for that suggestion!!:drunk:

I've been toying with the idea of starting a "no length checking" challenge. It's hard not to look esp. around month 4 and 5. :) I was tired of being disappointed by not seeing progress. I knew I was making progress, but I found myself disappointed every time I didn't see an extra 3 inches...then it dawned on me... wait 6 months! :)

:grin: Whenever I think about it? Which, is usually around 4-5 months, or so? I can't even remember when I took my last comparison pic - I know it's growing, so when I do get around to it, it's a pleasant suprise seeing just how MUCH it's grown.

They look great! I just put my own in too. There's $200 I won't be spending this Christmas. :yay:

Girl you are telling me? The African Lady will never see me again. The hair cost me 15 dollars for 3 packs and I have 1/2 a pack left and the woman always tells me I need more hair. I realized they always steal a pack. I love LHCF Im officially a Do it yourselfer.

Last edited:
I've been toying with the idea of starting a "no length checking" challenge. It's hard not to look esp. around month 4 and 5. :) I was tired of being disappointed by not seeing progress. I knew I was making progress, but I found myself disappointed every time I didn't see an extra 3 inches...then it dawned on me... wait 6 months! :)

I agree... that's a definately good idea, the no length check. I would probably go crazy wanting to see my length. I hope I can make it to 6 months.

Closer1, I see where you're coming from too. I will be posting pics, just not length comparison pics. I want to post my half wig pics, buns, and cute protective styles, as well as various other pics.

I take them at least once per month....just can't wait. LOL They've been such poor quality, that I haven't posted them or added them to a fokti album. BUT!!! I just got home from the store a few minutes ago with a new digital cam, so I can take lots of pics now.

These are from my phone, the rest will have better quality!

These were taken Aug 10, Sep 20, and Dec 1

You go girl! Your pics came out very well and your hair grows fast too. I take my pics with my camera phone too, they aren't clear LOL. I'm getting a dig cam too... for my Xmas present to myself.:yep:

I take growth pics every 3 months. All other pics.. is whenever I do something different like a new hairstyle.

3 months but I'm toying with the idea of every 6 months to see if I hit APL in March 2008. :grin: But I try to update if I get a new hair style or wig...matter fact I need to get a picture of myself in my new 3/4 wig :yep:

Every 6 months is a good idea, then you can see REAL progress. I'm not sure if I can wait that long, then again, I probably will once I get disappointed one time too many.

I'm with you on this one. I was posting 3 months but I decided that I was going to skip this time and wait another 3 months. That will be the end of Feb when I get my next relaxer. My husband informed me that I needed about an 1 inch to reach APL after my relaxer on Wed so I decided, just bump it, I'm not taking any pics this time.

I used to take them about every three months. But this time I am waiting at least six months. My last ones were at the end of June, so I guess I'll probably take some in December. But I'd actually like to wait longer. Nine months would be good.

Since I'm only relaxing every 6 months, I think I will do progress pics after a touch-up, a three-month "check-in" report, and a final progress report at relaxer time. It will be every 3 months starting at the end of this year when I relax, ending this 6-months stretch. My daddy is getting me a nice digital camera, so I hope to be on my game and consistent with it.:yep:

i update my album every 2-3 months but i only do side by side comparison shots once a year. I find them to be highly addictive so i limit the amount i do or i'd drive myself crazy after every single update.

I don't have a set time, however, I've noticed that most of my comparisons are done after 4 months. Because I'm always browsing through my old photos to see how far I've come, I'll pull up a recent photo so I usually compare them then as well.

Since I've texturized, I'll most likely take comparison shots every 3-4 months.

Hmmmmmm.....that's a good idea hair cousin.....

I'll do an update/progress shot to wrap up the year....and then let the next one be June '08...:yep:

I take new pics whenever I try a new style, notice significant progress, or at the end of a hair challenge. I usually only make the comparison pics at the end of challenges or at the end of a year before the anniversary of my BC when I change over my album.

Back