Your diet + your hair

Suri

How do you think your diet is affecting your hair?

What does your diet consist of?

What do you think you can do to improve?

I know that high protein diets are good for your health as well as growth and strength of hair. What kind of diets do we have ladies, good or bad, fess up and maybe we can help each other. :)
I am a vegetarian, egg whites for bkfst & training, I hope to be a vegan one day , but i :love: :lick: LOVE fish too much.

My diet is definitely affecting my hair in a great way. I eat no fried, flour, sugar, beef, pork, dairy. I eat lots of fish, veggies, fruits, eggs, and drink tons of water. My hair is currently braided under a sew-in and is growing very fast. Exercise also stimulates the circulation of the blood which helps as well. I believe that my diet change is not only affecting my hair but skin and overall appearance.

my diet is very bad. im away at college which contributes to my bad eating habits also. i hardly eat any veggies, fruits, or fish. i eat a lot of sweets. sometimes i drink water but not nearly enough as i should. my hair has been the same length for four years. i barely get a 1/4 inch a month and it's very dry. i also have a lot of problems with my skin. I REALLY want to change my diet because if i know ill be at a higher risk of health problems if I don't.

I believe my diet affects my hair in every way.:)

I eat a vegetarian but not vegan diet so I enjoy some dairy. My meals are lots of fresh veggies (my fridge looks like a really good salad bar :lol: ), eggs, raw nuts, organic peanut butter, tofu, sea vegetables like wakame, kombu, dulse and other seaweed, fruit, almond cheese, whey protein, stevia for sweetening, sprouted bread, flaxseed oil (on my veggies) and lots of water each day.

Isis said:

I eat a vegetarian but not vegan diet so I enjoy some dairy. My meals are lots of fresh veggies (my fridge looks like a really good salad bar :lol: ), eggs, raw nuts, organic peanut butter, tofu, sea vegetables like wakame, kombu, dulse and other seaweed, fruit, almond cheese, whey protein, stevia for sweetening, sprouted bread, flaxseed oil (on my veggies) and lots of water each day.

wow i think we have almost identical diets. My fridge is packed with veggies, celery, carrots, cauliflower, almonds and raw cashews are my favs, no processed foods, I love ground flaxseed on EVERYTHING, including yogurt. I am trying to cut back on dairy first, on my quest for veganism. :ohwell: IDK if that will happen.I train5-6 x a week at home, that is such a good addition. I am glad to see we're (u & queen) taking care of ourselves.

Last edited:
locabouthair said:
my diet is very bad. im away at college which contributes to my bad eating habits also. i hardly eat any veggies, fruits, or fish. i eat a lot of sweets. sometimes i drink water but not nearly enough as i should. my hair has been the same length for four years. i barely get a 1/4 inch a month and it's very dry. i also have a lot of problems with my skin. I REALLY want to change my diet because if i know ill be at a higher risk of health problems if I don't.

:spank: u better stop with those sweets. i don't know what foods you have available to you, but I know water should be readily available to you. Work your veggie's and fruits into your meals or your will be sorry missy. More importantly, if your family has a history of health problems you could put yourself at risk sooner by not taking care of yourself earlier. take care!

Isis said:

Oooh that looks like a tasty diet! I was vegan for 1 year but had to go back to eating bread and stuff baked with eggs. Other than that I was vegetarian (witht the exception of yogurt) for about 8 years until I got pregnant when the only thing I could hold down was strangely enough cheddar cheese. Now I eat fish and eggs occasionally and yogurt regularly. I haven't had red meat for 15 years. 95% of my diet consists of soy, veggies, fruits, and no refined anything. I also cleanse a lot by drinking prune juice, water, aloe vera juice, exercising to break a heavy sweat at least every other day, and the occasional colonic or enema. I'm praying to get back to regular fasting the way I used to as it did wonders for my skin, but I've gotten lazy since having the baby.

My diet was very bad when I found the hairboard and jumping on products bandwagons and no vitamin regimen I saw little result.
My hair is growing well since I changed my diet,drinking plenty of water,protein shakes,salads and V8 juice and exercising.

I'm proud of you! My diet should be this good.

I tried the vegetarian way but did it all wrong and after 6 months gave it up. I don't eat beef or pork and have not eaten them for the past 12 -13 years so it really is not hard to give up chicken.

I am really thinking of giving it another go. Isis has helped a great deal I just got to put it all into play now.

Could you post your meal plan ladies, like what do you eat for better hair?

Thanks!
MonaRae

Well Im starting somethign new for Lent. Im going totally vegan. Im struggling and Ive fallen back on bread but Im leaving that alone too. I need to flush out my body and get my body workign right. I notice than when I eat well my hair grows better and my nails grow betetr and my skin clears. I have to make this change. Maybe I can make it permanent. So as an improvement I will drink more water and leave the crappy foods alone. My body does not liek too much protien so Ill just keep that at a normal amount.

Juicy - I see you're in Los Angeles. Where do you go for colonics (unless of course they're self-administered)?

My diet is pretty good but not focused. More vegetables than anything else but I'm not vegan or vegetarian. I've had my spurts but I've finally come to the conclusion that smart eating habits are part of my lifestyle but not disciplined eating habits. I find that I eat intuitively and though certain foods are not a part of my diet anymore (bottomfeeders, pork, etc.) I limit poultry, etc. but tending not to keeping it my home.

I'm blessed in that my daughters, like me, ADORE fruits and veggies, especially salads. A salad topped with cider vinegar, braggs aminos, and oil is one of our favorites! I mainly eat what I enjoy and what I enjoy is usually VERY good for me.

p1

patient1 said:
A salad topped with cider vinegar, braggs aminos, and oil is one of our favorites! I mainly eat what I enjoy and what I enjoy is usually VERY good for me.

p1
That's another good product I haven't bought in a while, Braggs Aminos. It's a great source of protein too. :yep:

Back