Your favourite Homemade deep conditioner recipes

Ashleescheveux

Ladies and gents, what are your favourite homemade deep conditioning (protein and moisture) concoctions? I ran out of DC and would like to use something straight out of my kitchen

Skiggle

Honey and Olive Oil.
Not really impressive but it
get the job done, lol
My hair is beyond soft.

MrsTimberlake

The past couple of friday nights (cuz I don't have a life...lol) I've been mixing Honey, Evoo and evco and using that on my hair. I have a lot of avocados in my house right now and I'm tempted to mash one up and throw it on my hair and see what happens....but I'm scurred :(

Okay

Mrs timberlake - do a search :) alot of people do it! it makes your hair soft. but i think it maybe works a little like protein.. just FYI

fb1960el

I mix coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, and a shea butter serum. I then heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds, and apply the mixture to my hair. After that I put honey on my hair to add shine. I leave it on for 30 minutes, then I rinse. Afterwards, my hair feels REALLY soft.

didismirage4

Ladies and gents, what are your favourite homemade deep conditioning (protein and moisture) concoctions? I ran out of DC and would like to use something straight out of my kitchen

Coconut milk, shea butter, and any humectant. :) I did this mix with a con and posted pics of my results :)

remilaku

My Fruit Smoothie: 4 or 5 Juices of any fruit. Honey, Oil and Milk. Mix together and put on your head. You will have the softest hair you have ever felt! This is my favorite conditioner

jayjaycurlz

My Fruit Smoothie: 4 or 5 Juices of any fruit. Honey, Oil and Milk. Mix together and put on your head. You will have the softest hair you have ever felt! This is my favorite conditioner

Do you use 100% fruit juices or the concentrate kind?

ladybuddafly

Cucumber (blended or food processed), olive oil, egg, and honey. This mixture made my natural curls pop. I was amazed.

knt1229

For protein I mix:

1 egg
Whole Fat Yogurt
EVOO
EVCO
Castor Oil
Apply with an applicator brush.

Leaves my hair soft and strong.

discodumpling

Mayo, EVOO (or any natural oil) & Honey.
Mayo & avacado
Mayo & well blended strawberries or banana
Yogurt & Honey
Yogurt
Coconut milk alone or with any of the other ingredients above

virtuenow

can you use these as co-washes...I mean skip the shampoo and do your regular conditioner wash like with commercial conditioners? Does anyone do that w/homemade conditioner??

irsgirl

Garlic cloves,EVOO,Suave coconut milk conditioner. I smelled like the Olive Garden, but it worked wonders for my hair. I use it a week before I relax.

TeeWhyAre

hmm. anyone tried cocoa butter?
im tempted, its known to loosen curls

i melt raw food grade cocoa butter that i get from whole foods with shea butter and added 1/2 an avocado. blended in a food processor and added olive oil, castor oil, and coconut oil. i didn't measure the oils. just til i felt like stopping.

i used it as a daily moisturizer, hair was so damn soft. i had HIH syndrome and had to slap my hand to get out of it.

i didn't notice a change in texture. but, i bun and only used it for my exposed hair to lay it down.

my next experiment involves juicing a cucumber and mixing it with mustard oil. or mixing it with powdered coconut milk into a mask.

i LOVE mustard oil. it's quite pungent but makes my hair feel and look amazing.

Last edited:

irsgirl

Garlic cloves,EVOO,Suave coconut milk conditioner. I smelled like the Olive Garden, but it worked wonders for my hair. I use it a week before I relax.:blush:

Stella B.

I just tried this protein DC a few days. It really did strengthen my hair. I had planned on using Nexxus Emergencee, but used this instead:

1 egg-beat really well
1/4 to 1/2 cup of Suave coconut conditioner
1 tsp. avocado oil

Rinsed out and followed this up with a moisture mix of
6 heaping tsp. Aussie Moist
4 heaping tsp of Giovanni Smooth as Silk
1 tsp. wheat germ oil

Mix well and apply to entire head. Top with a layer of coconut oil (about 2-3 tsps) and wrap tightly in saran wrap and plastic cap. Sit under the dryer for about 20 minutes. This will put moisture back in your strands after a protein treatment.:yep: