Your Holy Grail Deep Conditioner???

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I can't believe I have not been on here since Nov last year:/ I use to be soo hooked until I found what works

Moisture
Moroccanoil Restorative Hair Mask
Joico Moisture Recovery Balm

Protein
Komaza Care Protein

Honestly truly, finding Holy Grails and sticking with them is the business.

Not only does your hair flourish, but also your spending habits improve (lbvs) ;)

Signed,
Former PJ

trueheartofgold

My hair type is 3C, fine with low density and normal porosity. The DCs I listed are the best of the best in my 350+ arsenal of deep conditioners, so that's saying a lot. Each of them always provides me with exemplary results - soft, highly moisturized and emollient hair.

Hi PJaye,

I just found out that I'm normal porosity. I'm also 3c and fine strands. Which leave in conditioners and moisturizers work well for you? Thank you!

PJaye

Hi PJaye,

I just found out that I'm normal porosity. I'm also 3c and fine strands. Which leave in conditioners and moisturizers work well for you? Thank you!

With fine strands, I recommend keeping things light, but highly emollient by using creamy products that provide long-lasting moisture and avoiding the temptation of heavy-handedness (guilty:look:). My favorite leave-ins are CRN Coconut Water Treatment, CRN Curl Love Moisture Milk, APB Cupuacu Avocado Moisturizer and Smooth Naturals Ultimate Hair Treat. All of these products are highly moisturizing and emollient; I also use them as mid-week refreshers/moisturizers with great success (plus, they give great shine and definition for braid-outs). HTH!

trueheartofgold

With fine strands, I recommend keeping things light, but highly emollient by using creamy products that provide long-lasting moisture and avoiding the temptation of heavy-handedness (guilty:look:). My favorite leave-ins are CRN Coconut Water Treatment, CRN Curl Love Moisture Milk, APB Cupuacu Avocado Moisturizer and Smooth Naturals Ultimate Hair Treat. All of these products are highly moisturizing and emollient; I also use them as mid-week refreshers/moisturizers with great success (plus, they give great shine and definition for braid-outs). HTH!

Thanks so much for responding! :grouphug2:

Tefnut

Straight Request Fixative Deep Conditioner.
http://www.straightrequestproducts.com/fixative

It really helped turn my coils around a few years back. I was shedding heavily and a stylist recommended this. She did mostly relaxed heads but I would go to her to monthly for a wash, deep conditioning and cornrows under my wig. Helped my hair thicken up and go from BSL to within WL in a few months. I love their products and their sulfate-free shampoo is very good too.

gorgeoushair

The best of the best in my arsenal of products are:

Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner
Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Penetrating Hair Treatment
Bee Mine Bee-U-tiful Deep Conditioner
Annabelle’s Perfect Blends Ayurvedic Mud Mask
Naturelle Grow Intense Deep Conditioner
Naturelle Grow Mango & Coconut Water Treatment
Naturelle Grow Marshmallow Root & Slippery Elm Conditioner
Naturelle Grow Jamaica Me Crazy Hair Conditioner

What else have u tried of Annabelle's? You listed some good ones. I love all 3 of the Naturellegrow Grow DCs you listed and also love the Bee Mine(surely not the price). I am surprised you didn't list any Silk Dreams. I love that Vanilla Silk, Shea What, and Shea What Deux!!! Have u tried them....can't remember if I have seen your review on these or not?

PureSilver

This thread and the posts really helped me. Thanks ladies now let me be great with my PJ self and start shopping.

PJaye

What else have u tried of Annabelle's? You listed some good ones. I love all 3 of the Naturellegrow Grow DCs you listed and also love the Bee Mine(surely not the price). I am surprised you didn't list any Silk Dreams. I love that Vanilla Silk, Shea What, and Shea What Deux!!! Have u tried them....can't remember if I have seen your review on these or not?

I've sampled a host of APB products, especially the DCs.:look: I didn't list Silk Dreams because the conditioners I mentioned are the best of the best and the SD DCs didn't make the cut (primarily because their consistencies are like a thick paste that must be cut with oil in order for me to use them, and they also require heat to glean the full conditioning benefits). I have them, but I always skip over them in favor of another DC because I don't feel like being bothered with adding things and sitting under a dryer.

gorgeoushair

I've sampled a host of APB products, especially the DCs.:look: I didn't list Silk Dreams because the conditioners I mentioned are the best of the best and the SD DCs didn't make the cut (primarily because their consistencies are like a thick paste that must be cut with oil in order for me to use them, and they also require heat to glean the full conditioning benefits). I have them, but I always skip over them in favor of another DC because I don't feel like being bothered with adding things and sitting under a dryer.

Oh okay! Lol. I love thick conditioners! For me the SD conditioners that I listed are the best of the best. I always use heat with my DCs.

vevster

My hair is hi porosity color treated a mix of 3C and 4a. Right now my holy grail conditioner is Alikay Naturals Honey Sage conditioner. It is so good, I continue to use it even though it smells like cloves. Phenomenal.

Destiny9109

It really helped turn my coils around a few years back. I was shedding heavily and a stylist recommended this. She did mostly relaxed heads but I would go to her to monthly for a wash, deep conditioning and cornrows under my wig. Helped my hair thicken up and go from BSL to within WL in a few months. I love their products and their sulfate-free shampoo is very good too.

Yes! This is probably the best conditioner I have ever used, I don't know why I still try others.

BrownEyez22

My go to conditioners are Joico Moisture Recovery regular conditioner and balm and Aubrey Organics White Camila.

I'm 4 a/b with High Porosity

FoxxyLocs

I've been using silk dreams vanilla silk four years. I love the thickness. I don't use heat, but I do let it sit for an hour or more before I rinse it out.

I'm 3c/4a. High density. Idk what my porosity is. I think it's low.

Tefnut

I think people sleep on it because it's not available in BSS, hair salons or Wal-Mart. You have to order it. And Straight Request is often associated with relaxers so I think a lot of natural girls don't even consider it plus YT vloggers haven't recommended it. It's very good though and I suggest other ladies give this black-owned company a shot.

Yes! This is probably the best conditioner I have ever used, I don't know why I still try others.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
My hair is hipo, 4a (O in the LOIS scheme), and I have high density fine strands (a few course parts in the back).

I cosign on the NG Indian Pink Clay Mask. Magical. Voodoo. :yep: I got the sample and will be getting a regular size. While on, keeps my hair super stretched out. Knocks out tangles. I can't remember the moisture after. Will use again and report back.

For softening, my HG is the SM High Porosity Moisture-seal Masque.

My hair felt really good with both the Mielle Organics DC and the TGIN DC.

I have yet to find a DC that leaves me with a lot of moisture. I'm looking, like you.

So far the best longer-lasting moisturizing products I've experienced are: Oyin Hair Dew, Naturalicious clay treatment/wash, and TGIN Green Tea Super Moist Leave In.

Another vote for Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Penetrating Hair Treatment.

bydebra

Maybe something else is off in your regimen. My favorite conditioners are all by Shea Moisture.
  • Shea Moisture Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque
  • Shea Moisture Sachi Inchi Oil Omega 3-6-9 Rescue + Repair Hair Masque
  • Shea Moisture Yucca and Plantain Anti-Breakage Strengthening Masque
But, I think that the most important part of keeping my hair moisturized is wetting it frequently (co-washing). The Manfura masque does wonders for moisture in my hair.

CheChe1881

Wait wut? I am BSL and I would love to go to WL in a few months.

What was your full regimen at the time? If you don't mind sharing?

YvetteWithJoy

On break

What are the ingredients in the Straight Request Fixative Deep Conditioner? TIA!

Tefnut

I went to see the stylist once a month. She would wash and deep condition my hair with Straight Request products (Moist Plus shampoo and Fixative Deep conditioner) then cornrow my hair under my wig. I was doing an HSN (Country Life), MSM (Opti from Vitacost), Super B liquid vitamin and a couple of other things (except biotin, I had taken a break from it). I washed my hair a few times a week in between going to see the stylist. I also used a topical growth aid, IIRC. During this time I was keeping it easy because my hair had grown to BSL but one side wasn't as full and it was shedding a lot, which is why I wigged it and noticed the improvement from Straight Request. My hair ended up being between MBL and WL. This was over a six or seven month period, from May to Nov/Dec a few years ago.

Wait wut? I am BSL and I would love to go to WL in a few months.

What was your full regimen at the time? If you don't mind sharing?

Tefnut

The only thing listed is African Shea Butter & Pathenol. There's gotta be peppermint because I can feel it. They don't have ingredients listed. I called them years ago and was told that it's because the owner (a black man) is worried about people copying his formula.

What are the ingredients in the Straight Request Fixative Deep Conditioner? TIA!

Tefnut

Pathenol is Vitamin B5 and I hadn't heard anything negative about it.

TBH, I think good and bad is relative and really depends on what goal you're trying to achieve at any given moment. If people really wanted to be "true" to the whole good and bad thing, they'd probably be a non-soy consuming vegan who wouldn't eat most veggies (even "organic" ones) because they're most likely GMO.

Panthenol is one of them. Aren't they typically "bad"?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
The only thing listed is African Shea Butter & Pathenol. There's gotta be peppermint because I can feel it. They don't have ingredients listed. I called them years ago and was told that it's because the owner (a black man) is worried about people copying his formula.

Thanks. Yes, I saw that when I had gone to the company site. I thought you had a jar and could tell us. Only your stylist had it, I'm guessing. Thanks, anyway. Glad you got such growth!

Destiny9109

Yeah, none of Straight Request products have ingredients, but I promise they are the best. It's crazy that I'm still a bit of an ingredient snob and use these products lol. But that Fixative should be a cult favorite for real.

Destiny9109

I think people sleep on it because it's not available in BSS, hair salons or Wal-Mart. You have to order it. And Straight Request is often associated with relaxers so I think a lot of natural girls don't even consider it plus YT vloggers haven't recommended it. It's very good though and I suggest other ladies give this black-owned company a shot.

My mom is natural and she uses it, her curls are shiny and popping.