Your Thoughts

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
"If the sexy is gonna attract the people, you have to do what you have to do to get people to show up..." :perplexed

"... 'Pac is talking about God...not everyone's walk is gonna be consistent with their talk; but as long as you're talking about him."

Say what? :nono:

I don't understand. I haven't had my coffee :coffee: today. Is that "TuPac" ?

I'm sorry for not 'getting this'. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Yep, he's talking about TuPac. :yep:

Thanks TraciChanel...

I haven't been able to view the video yet. I just saw the names Steve Harvey and Tyrese on TBN and I drew my own personal confusion not equal to conclusion. :lol:

Another Question: Is this Tyrese Gibson, the actor?

Again...forgive my lax of knowledge... :lol: I need my coffee :coffee: I really do. :yep:

TraciChanel

No problem! Yes, it's Tyrese Gibson the actor. The quotes that I posted earlier were from him.
Thanks TraciChanel...

I haven't been able to view the video yet. I just saw the names Steve Harvey and Tyrese on TBN and I drew my own personal confusion not equal to conclusion. :lol:

Another Question: Is this Tyrese Gibson, the actor?

Again...forgive my lax of knowledge... :lol: I need my coffee :coffee: I really do. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
No problem! Yes, it's Tyrese Gibson the actor. The quotes that I posted earlier were from him.

I feel for them. They are caught up in the 'money' game.

I believe they know and believe in thanking God. This I believe. But they are not called to minister. God is not the author of confusion. These men are not teaching God's principals.

They are making a dangerous mix of sin and treating scripture as if it were a side of fries, with dat'...

Gibson should be 'waist deep' (his movie) with Jesus....

Thanks TraciChanel :bighug:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I haven't watched the vid yet, but will watch it later. Just wanted to say I agree with this. The pulpit is SACRED.

I don't understand why someone like Russell Simmons was given the opportunity by a church leader to preach a sermon to his congregation. The man worships another god and even has the idol in his worship room in his home. Yes, he's smart, wise..but does he have God's Wisdom or earthly wisdom? People think we're all about pointing fingers in hypocrisy when the bottom line is, the Church must use God's Word as the standard to draw the line.

But what I will say is this, I am very concerned that our churches and Christian media allow everyone and their granny in their pulpit a platform to speak to the people of God...

This speaks volumes about the HEAD (the leadership) who allow, permit and sanction this.

Iwanthealthyhair67

and don't forget Rev Run with the Buddhist head and other questionable paraphenaila around is tub ...saw this as he was tweeting his words of wisdom on one of his shows, I no longer watch...

imo this is no different from Juanita Bynum II tweeting/typing in tongues all is a vexation to the spirit and sameful to the body of Christ

I haven't watched the vid yet, but will watch it later. Just wanted to say I agree with this. The pulpit is SACRED.

I don't understand why someone like Russell Simmons was given the opportunity by a church leader to preach a sermon to his congregation. The man worships another god and even has the idol in his worship room in his home. Yes, he's smart, wise..but does he have God's Wisdom or earthly wisdom? People think we're all about pointing fingers in hypocrisy when the bottom line is, the Church must use God's Word as the standard to draw the line.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
But what I will say is this, I am very concerned that our churches and Christian media allow everyone and their granny in their pulpit a platform to speak to the people of God...

This speaks volumes about the HEAD (the leadership) who allow, permit and sanction this.

Yes! If they works in progess, they need to go sit down and learn something , and stop teaching people that foolishness
:hide: (dodging stones to be thrown)

ITA with both of these posts. I can't say whether or not either of them have been born again; but I do know that they lack a great deal of understanding and true knowledge of God. At best, they're very immature believers. In no wise should they be held up as people to listen to regarding the things of God. If they're growing, they should go find a godly, seasoned Christian to learn from and once they have matured, then maybe they can come back and say something.

"If the sexy is gonna attract the people, you have to do what you have to do to get people to show up..." :perplexed

By contrast, Isaiah says of Jesus: "he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him." (53:2)

Jesus wasn't sexy. He wasn't entertaining people to get them to come to Him. If anything, we see the difference here: that which is truly God doesn't need songs and jokes and a nice physique to bring people in. When the true power of God is present, it speaks for itself. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
and don't forget Rev Run with the Buddhist head and other questionable paraphenaila around is tub ...saw this as he was tweeting his words of wisdom on one of his shows, I no longer watch...

imo this is no different from Juanita Bynum II tweeting/typing in tongues all is a vexation to the spirit and sameful to the body of Christ

For a long time, I took issue with Craig Lewis who 'out's them all. But now......:nono:

I don't want this in my heart. I don't want anger nor do I want abasement of others. It's hard to 'see' when something is not right.

A perfect example is what happened with Juanita Bynum and her former husband Thomas Weeks. I used to watch them on TBN and I was happy to see another Black couple not only married but in Ministry. When negative things were said about them, I rejected it, as I did not wish to see fault in them; only the Ministry. Yet there were 'red flags' and the rest is history ...

We have to be open to the Truth of the Holy Spirit. When I read the Old Testament this lesson is taught all throughout God's word. Not all Kings were 'good' kings, many were 'kangs'. Not all men [women] were meant to lead nor to be followed.

Iwanthealthyhair67

NK

Steve says he is learning from Godly people TD Jakes, Paula White and Donnie McClurkin who have all interviewed him as well as had him speak to at least two of TD Jakes' 'Mega' events..oh my

ITA with both of these posts. I can't say whether or not either of them have been born again; but I do know that they lack a great deal of understanding and true knowledge of God. At best, they're very immature believers. In no wise should they be held up as people to listen to regarding the things of God. If they're growing, they should go find a godly, seasoned Christian to learn from and once they have matured, then maybe they can come back and say something.

By contrast, Isaiah says of Jesus: "he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him." (53:2)

Jesus wasn't sexy. He wasn't entertaining people to get them to come to Him. If anything, we see the difference here: that which is truly God doesn't need songs and jokes and a nice physique to bring people in. When the true power of God is present, it speaks for itself. :yep:

Iwanthealthyhair67

well him encouraging the saints to have sex in public places (to spice up their marriages) and her giggling co signing on all his foolishness was too much for me

For a long time, I took issue with Craig Lewis who 'out's them all. But now......:nono:

I don't want this in my heart. I don't want anger nor do I want abasement of others. It's hard to 'see' when something is not right.

A perfect example is what happened with Juanita Bynum and her former husband Thomas Weeks. I used to watch them on TBN and I was happy to see another Black couple not only married but in Ministry. When negative things were said about them, I rejected it, as I did not wish to see fault in them; only the Ministry. Yet there were 'red flags' and the rest is history ...

We have to be open to the Truth of the Holy Spirit. When I read the Old Testament this lesson is taught all throughout God's word. Not all Kings were 'good' kings, many were 'kangs'. Not all men [women] were meant to lead nor to be followed.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
I feel like my experience in the Church is so different. I never considered the big ministries to have much at all to do with the Gospel. You *might* find a golden nugget like Michael Yousef while watching Christian TV, but in general it's a false Christianity being promulgated.

I heard something interesting when listening to a sermon. The pastor said that when people aren't truly seeking God--as in the cross of Jesus--when they finally do come to what they call God, they'll end up in something false anyway. I think that's what a lot of ministries serve as--holding stations for people who want to feel like they're close to God, but don't want the true Gospel.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
NK

Steve says he is learning from Godly people TD Jakes, Paula White and Donnie McClurkin who have all interviewed him as well as had him speak to at least two of TD Jakes' 'Mega' events..oh my

*Sigh* Now they ought to know better than to have an unseasoned speaker at these events. It's saying that they validate his tainted philosophies. This sends a huge smoke signal; where is wisdom and protection over the hearts of the people listening.

Pondering... My Selah is being recharged.

Okay, so what is he learning from being alone with Jesus. Everyone who seeks God ends up with a pure visitation from the Holy Spirit. Giving credit to
Ministers is not enough...nor it..

Shimmie

Staff member
listen all that goodness that I got earlier is gone God can't be please with us...

I don't want God to be displeased. :nono: Healthy Hair :love2: I apologize to you and all here for venting about my disappointments with those who have weaken the Church. I am just so tired of it. I don't even watch TV Ministries as i did in the past. I'm tired of the mess. I've made up my heart and mind that I have had enough and I'm taking back what satan has stolen and one of the main thefts are the hearts and souls of our men Black and White, we have a mix.:yep:

Well............

I just watched the video... twice.

I got up to eat and then as I was in the kitchen, God spoke this into my heart:

Let him be a work in progress No they should not be 'leaders' for the Body of Christ to follow; they're not ready. But let them be a work in progress, pray for them to be loosen from the stings that bind and have them blind. Pray for their hearts to be one with me. I will bring them unto me; I'm gathering others to follow. Pray, let them be my work in process, and I will do the rest.

God wants Tyrese Gibson; He can use him in tight corners and places where other men didn't win. We have to pray for him. We know how to push in prayer. Steve is going to repent before the world's eyes. Of what I do not know. Let's put him, Tyrese and all men upon the alter; take them away from satan and the world of which they live. God needs them and we will pray them in.

Our Black men are in so much trouble. And their trouble becomes 'our' trouble.

All in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

Rainbow Dash

I don't want God to be displeased. :nono: Healthy Hair :love2: I apologize to you and all here for venting about my disappointments with those who have weaken the Church. I am just so tired of it. I don't even watch TV Ministries as i did in the past. I'm tired of the mess. I've made up my heart and mind that I have had enough and I'm taking back what satan has stolen and one of the main thefts are the hearts and souls of our men Black and White, we have a mix.:yep:

Well............

Let him be a work in progress No they should not be 'leaders' for the Body of Christ to follow; they're not ready. But let them be a work in progress, pray for them to be loosen from the stings that bind and have them blind. Pray for their hearts to be one with me. I will bring them unto me; I'm gathering others to follow. Pray, let them be my work in process, and I will do the rest.

God wants Tyrese Gibson; He can use him in tight corners and places where other men didn't win. We have to pray for him. We know how to push in prayer. Steve is going to repent before the world's eyes. Of what I do not know. Let's put him, Tyrese and all men upon the alter; take them away from satan and the world of which they live. God needs them and we will pray them in.

Thanks for sharing this word. I receive it and I will pray. Thank God for His loving kindness towards us. The goodness of God leads to repentance.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Shimmie I feel your heart on this because I feel the same way too...and you know what I'm glad that they're outed by ex-ministries thats so we know whats going on and who is involved with what...I'm tried too but I have hope that God can change them he changed me and whatever He does is well done

Well............

Shimmie

Staff member
Thanks for sharing this word. I receive it and I will pray. Thank God for His loving kindness towards us. The goodness of God leads to repentance.

Shimmie I feel your heart on this because I feel the same way too...and you know what I'm glad that they're outed by ex-ministries thats so we know whats going on and who is involved with what...I'm tried too but I have hope that God can change them he changed me and whatever He does is well done

I've grown so tired of the mess. Tired of the attacks, and just plain tired of foolishness that has been centered around the Body of Christ.

There's only one answer: Jesus and Prayer.

I'm going to start a new thread entitled: The Wall of Prayer

In this thread everyone is free to post prayers for those in need and we will support those prayers with ours.

I will ask the Mods to help guard the thread from any and all negative posts and sarcasim and cynicism or venting. The thread is for posting prayers and the names of people in high profile who need our prayers (i.e. Tyrese Gibson, Steve Harvey, etc.) family members, co-workers, the Body of Christ, whoever needs prayer. It's the only way to take back what satan has and is still trying to steal .

Am I crazy? But of course. :lol: Crazy and Serious. I'm tired of the mess.

I've learned so much from you two and so many others. Were it not for the thread by Nice & Wavy and this thread right here, I would still be venting and not praying.

So many of us have been angry, and anger arises when we are tired and have not fully prayed. I am guilty of it all. I can only thank God for the love and patience that so many of you have shown to me in spite of my 'vents'. I ask God to bless you with all of my heart.

Okay, I'm off to start the 'Wall of Prayer" which we will build and it shall not be torn down.

Last edited: