Zahara Jolie's "Uncombed Hair" (Article)

jamaraa

Did Newsweek write an indepth article about Bobbi Christina's hair being jacked up when she was little girl and her Momma Whitney was hanging all over Bobby Brown when he got out jail for the 11th time????:rolleyes:

Anybody remember that?

Nah...BK has 2 Black parents and it wouldn't be PC to complain. That only works if one of the parents are not Black and don't do the hair in the acceptable way! :grin:

BostonMaria

Some of the comments on that article are hilarious!! They make some great points too. Shame on the writer for having such a long winded article regarding a 4 year old's hairstyle. I would expect this type of article on the Enquirer, not Newsweek.

mstar

Luxury bacon
I think this is an appropriate, adorable hairstyle. Call me old-fashioned, but I think little girls should wear little girl styles. And no, I don't mean a million barettes and bobbles, but pigtails/afro puffs, simple braids and ponytails are always in style, and they're age-appropriate.

If a little girl's hair is loose, I think it should be worn with a headband or a barette (this goes for white and black girls). Completely loose styles are for special occassions, in my book.

mstar

Luxury bacon
This is how I'm usually seeing Zahara's hair. Earlier on, it was nearly red and raspy, dull and dry:
I think all three of 'em look a hot mess here, to tell the truth. If Z had on a cute headband, or barettes clipped to the side, it would be adorable, but I don't like the completely loose look.

I personally don't believe that wearing natural hair means "anything goes." In my personal opinion, people should take the time to present themselves nicely, even if it takes a little more effort. I don't think anyone should roll out the house looking like they just got out of bed. But I know that my opinion is unpopular these days, especially with younger people. At my stepson's HS graduation last year, the majority of parents & grandparents showed up in jeans and flip-flops, and I was appalled...no one in my family would EVER show up for a commencement looking like that.

So I guess I'm old-fashioned, clinging to values that no longer exist.

Mizz Diamonds

You san see the tendency for the hair to crawl in these pics

that's the fuzz here...it's the crawling hair.

this is what the people was talking about? I don't follow Angelina and her kids much so....

I see little girl's hair like this ALL THE TIME how old is she 3 and she's doesn't even have that much hair!! What does she want her to do put beads on every strand :spinning: Her hair is no differnt to Eddie Murphy's baby girl.

When I was around 3 I had a lot of hair my older cousin called me wolf girl (i hate him but it was funny though :lachen:) and dianna ross.

My hair was either put in big plaits or afro puff or twists and ouchless bands held those in place it wasn't until I was five is when I started asking for decoration like beades and stuff.

But seriously though people need to back the heck up and get a life there a much more important things happening than a child's hair seriously WHEN WILL THIS MADNESS END?

JustKiya

:lachen: That's what crawling is!?!? Heck, my hair STILL crawls, in that case. :lachen: I call it 'fuzzies', but really, it's just strands of hair shrinking up and escaping from any style I put it in. :lol: Luckily, I can go about a week, now. ;)

melodies815

I'm just amazed that anyone who considers himself/herself a professional in the world of written media would actually write an article about a well-loved, well-provided-for, obviously happy (yet uncomfortable with paparazzi), 4 year old ethiopian girl's HAIR! :nono::nono:

cj

MangaManiac

Wow. I can't believe that an educated BW, that has a professional picture taken without HER hair being bone straight or in some pulled back style, would even THINK to write about something so mundane and unimportant as a toddler's hair. It also seems that this author obviously has some race issues and I would think it would serve the Newsweek readership better if she focused on that instead of writing nonsense like this. For shame! :(

MangaManiac

FYI, I LOVE Z's hair. If my hair looked like that and was the length it is now I would be rocking it all the way to the Newsweek office center just to swing my hair in that author's face.

PS...I usually NEVER get this heated about things, but this is a child for goodness sake. Talk about passing on self-hatred and misgivings onto the next generation of BW! I'm really disappointed in this author!!! If she has a daughter I hope she doesn't spout this nonsense to her!

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Okay her hair may not always look so great and these people are from the country side these are not city people. I have seen people in rural America look like this too Black and white.

KIM

Thank you. It's like those AA's from the hood that always make the interview on the news and they have hair out of a horror movie (white people love getting them on t.v.)...and people are trying to compare that with corporate and suburban Blacks....or even other people who live in the hood but who take care of themselves. I say that if Zahara is rich now, her parents primp and whatnot in the public eye so why not just spend a little bit extra to primp on her. It doesn't take much. All I said was that it's unkempt. People get mad about that statement. But people do take notice and will judge the parent's ability to care for their child by neatly combed hair and clean clothing. Do I think the article is fair? No.

Last edited:

jamaraa

:lachen: That's what crawling is!?!? Heck, my hair STILL crawls, in that case. :lachen: I call it 'fuzzies', but really, it's just strands of hair shrinking up and escaping from any style I put it in. :lol: Luckily, I can go about a week, now. ;)

Yeah, it still happens to us grown ups, but you know you're used to it and accept is as part of your hair characteristics! :lachen::grin: For you guys who still get a bit of the crawl, you know fully well it has a charm of its own! :yep:

Last edited: