For short haired ladies.....APL by Dec '09 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Ok I was going to post this in Dec. but I see the challenges start early around here (BSL,MBL and WL by 09 have all begun). I am a little pass ear lenght so this is going to be a HUGE GOAL for me but I think I got the tools and education to do it.

My Regimen
I will be getting braids next week so I will be doing the C&W for the entire year. CoWash daily
Megtek every night
emu oil every morning after cowash
Shampoo & DC every Sun

When out of braids follow the same as above but I will be bunning.
Relaxer 2x during the yr.

Rules:
Simple. Just post a starting pic, your regimen, and update every quarter. Jan (starting pic), June,Aug and Dec(the final pic).

So who all is with me???????

unique4lyfe33

Im In! right now i am SL and i really want to reach APL thats my goal.:yep:

My reggie is on wash days shampoo w/ shakaki and brahmi powders condition w/ coconut suave an deep condition w/ NTM daily deep conditioner. I am also using MT and i have been wearing my hair in a protective bun for a couple of months. here is my starting pic:

sorry so big:perplexed

Ivy_Butter

Im in as well. I am currently wearing a wig. I cowash several times a week. I just started DCing twice a week. I plan to use MT&OCT for about 3 months, then switch to MN then go from there. I will basically be wearing my hair in protective styles for most of the year. Good Luck ladies, we can do this!

I will post a starting pic later.

jaded_faerie

I'd love to join. Its a long goal for me but I'm in. Currently wearing a sew-in weave but I will post starting pics in January.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Thank you ladies for taking this journey with me. I will make a full list of challengers by the 3rd of Jan.

Good luck but I know we can do this.

KAT25

I am in, current length back is shaved right side is mid ear length and left side is ear length picture will be added in signature soon.

Regime:
Currently Washing once a week using OCT product line and flat iron hair about every 2 weeks.
My current relaxer is Gentle Treatment normally relaxes between 6-8 weeks. Uses olive oil DC as a moisturizer slathers hair in it and lets marinate on hair about 2 days prior to washing hair.

Modified Regime for challenge:
Will continue to use OCT product line until finished and will start to incorporate Eden body works products into circulation to try them out. Will relax only nap since it is shaved and edges every other relaxer will not relax any other part of the hair (Going to see how that goes) until nape is long enough to roller set will relax for sanity purposes (lol)

Update! 12/2008 Eden body works products did not go over well with my hair basically they did nothing and didn't like the smell Regime has changed I have been using Aphoghee product line.. Shampoo for Dry.Damaged hair 2 min conditioner leave in and green tea spray also using lacio lacio.. hair has been doing ok.. shedding so I am going to try out the tea rinses and get back with using a growth aid and more oils... I am still tweaking

Last edited:

tycoles

I'm game! I am currently nl. My ultimate goal is bsl, but I am hoping to achieve APL sometime in 09. Here's my current regimen:

prepoo, shampoo and DC Sundays
DC on dry hair Wednesdays
moisturize and seal w/castor oil nightly
I airdry my hair, and I'm trying to cut back on heat use. No growth aid though.

RegaLady

Im in. I am still hovering around earlegnth. I hope to get to SL by this time next year. Hopefully a little longer by Dec 09!
Regime varies. I relaxed two days ago(relaxer every 3 months). So i am wearing my hair down. It has gotten long enough where I think I will be moisterizing and bunning. Every now and then I will braid and wear wigs. Message scalp and applying MT is also essential for me!

Amerie123

can the pics be in our fotki?? I just made one which is "under construction", but i do have a beginning pic and i am currently in a sew in.

I'm in. This is going to be a big GOAL/ CHALLENGE for me since i am like ear length. But, it's healthy, so thats a plus. I believe I can make it close enough.

Regimen:
Sew-ins (6wks at a time): co wash and DC every 2 weeks (to avoid unnecessary matting and tangling afterwards); moisturize every night, and MTG every other night
Relaxers: only every three months (12 weeks)
When not in weave: Co wash and DC 2x/week, moisturize every night, protein treatment every 2 weeks.
(this is the regimen for now; things are subject to change once hair is long enough to bun; may switch from MTG-ManeTailGroom to OCT so I can wash -n- go)

Last edited:

Platinum

I'm in. :look: I'm an uneven neck length right now. I'm working on building a new regimen but here's what I plan to do...

MT nightly
Shampoo once a week
Co-wash 2-3 times a week
DC twice a week
Ayuverdic powders and oils

Here's a starting pic. I took it a few weeks ago. Will try to post a better pic later.

nubiangoddess3

I'm soooooooooooo In this..... Praying and hoping for armpit for my B-day in August.. but my hair grows sooooooooo slow... and I only need 6 more inches

Regimen:
Low to No Poo Wash Every Week: Dr bronner peppermint soap or Baking soda wash, DC with every wash, Co wash 1-2 times a week, Essential Oil Blend 2-3 times a week.

Vitamins: One a Day, B-12, flaxseed oil ( daily)

Keeping big twist in my hair ( 2 weeks) add my wig and go to class...

[url=http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/28004158][img]http://hosted.pikistrips.com/comic_strip/s/image/28/4/158/comic-p.jpg[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

kandake

Ok, I'm in. Even though I think APL is a little ambitious for me.

My pics are in my siggy. My hair is currently about a half inch longer than the Aug. 2008 pic.

Regimen:

1. wash/DC 2x a week - I'm currently using KeraCare products. I also use Mizani Moisturefuse conditioner
2. moisturize and seal every night - I use Elasta QP Mango Butter, Kids Organics Shea Butter with Olive Oil (I added more olive oil and some castor oil) I also use Cantu, although thats a mix of moisturizer and protein) I seal with coconut oil or castor oil.
3. use protein treatment as needed (Aphoghee 2 min., Motions CPR. or just an egg along with some conditioner and coconut oil)
4. clarify as needed
5. Oh and relax every 10-12 weeks. I did an 11 week stretch this last time. I actually debated transitioning then I chickened out.

I'm unofficially a part of the hide your hair challenge so I wear half wigs everyday. When my hair gets a bit longer I'll start bunning using a UPA clip. I've been debating about getting a lace front but I need to do more research on the application process. I don't want my edges snatched off.

Also, I'm debating whether or not I want to try megatak. We'll see!

Forever in Bloom

Add me, 'cause I gotsa get through apl to get to bsl by '09 (another challenge I'm in). With a stack of Bibles, rosary beads, and fairy dust, I should be able to make it :rolleyes:

LushLox

Oohh can I join? Pic is below.

Not really got a cast iron reggy yet, but at the moment I'm:-

DC'ing twice per week (on a Sunday I'll use Amla, Shikakai and Brahmi as a tea rinse, pre poo with Amla and Vatika Oil).

Co washing 1 x per week, but may step that up to twice a week as re growth gets wilder.

Currently 10 week post and will now on relax no more than every three months. Although I am currently stretching (hopefully) to Christmas.

Moisturising twice daily (or as often as needed) seal with oil.

Vits: MSM, Biotin and I'll be buying some Flaxeed oil also

I've got no idea why the pic is upside down! :ohwell:

Attachments

• DSC00217.jpg
    DSC00217.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 27

glamchick84

Count me In!!!!:woot::woot:my hair is a few inches below NL!!!

My Regimen
subject to change-bcuz i'm a newbie lol

1. moisturize daily w/ leave-in conditioner and seal my ends
  2. pre poo, poo, reconstructor 1x a week
  3. Cw and a DC overnight 1x-2x a week
  4. clarify 1x a month
  5. protein treatment 1x a month
  6. relaxer every 3-4 months
  7. min-no heat (air drying only)i plan to flat iron only with relaxers to show length.
  8. protective styles only-braids out, rollersets and buns,phony ponies,and half wigs with the baggie method.
  9. prenatal vits, gnc hair,nails, and skin vit (looking to order the exotic allure vit)

Last edited:

AVE One

Sign me up! I will post a picture soon. I would love to be APL by my b-day on August 16th.

Current regimen and growth aids:

1. Pre-poo/wash or Wen 1 x per week, Deep condition weekly, relax every 8-10 weeks (working on getting to 12 weeks), Roller sets, braid outs, buns and other protective styles (direct heat occassionally), Daily moisturize ends. Also use protein when needed.
2. Daily vitamins, protein shakes, Flaxseed oil, 5 fruits & veggies daily, lots of H20, exercise, daily scalp message, OCT

In 2009 I would like to incorporate:
1. Ayurvedic hair care
2. Some wigs for protective styling.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
can the pics be in our fotki?? I just made one which is "under construction", but i do have a beginning pic and i am currently in a sew in.

I'm in. This is going to be a big GOAL/ CHALLENGE for me since i am like ear length. But, it's healthy, so thats a plus. I believe I can make it close enough.

Regimen:
Sew-ins (6wks at a time): co wash and DC every 2 weeks (to avoid unnecessary matting and tangling afterwards); moisturize every night, and MTG every other night
Relaxers: only every three months (12 weeks)
When not in weave: Co wash and DC 2x/week, moisturize every night, protein treatment every 2 weeks.
(this is the regimen for now; things are subject to change once hair is long enough to bun; may switch from MTG-ManeTailGroom to OCT so I can wash -n- go)

Yes it can be in your fotki as long as you provide a link to it.

msdevo

I would like to join

My hair has never ever been longer than shoulder length and APL is my ultimate goal. I know with the encouragement from you ladies, I can reach my goal with ease:grin:

Here's my regimen:

I shampoo and DC 2x a week
Co-wash 1x a week
Apply growth aid 2x a day
Moisturize 2x a day
Clarify once a month
Heavy protein every 6 weeks or as needed
Take vitamins daily as needed
Protective styles- rollersets & buns
I baggy 3x a week under a phony pony
My last relaxer was 8/10/2008
I stretching my relaxers to 12-16 weeks, any more and the breakage begins

My pic from this past Tuesday when it was flat ironed with a Chi(1st time using heat in over 1 year)

Im excited!! This will be my 1st challenge.

Attachments

• IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 20

AtlantaJJ

I want to join but I have overlapping challenges. I am growing out a TWA almost shaved in Christmas '07... I have about 4 - 5 " of new growth :clap:

However, I am on a hide my hair until 09 challenge....so I don't plan to get my hair straightened and take pictures until then.

Should I wait until Jan '09 to join this challenge?

anilove

pls add me i'm earlength,currently in twists .will add a pic next week when i take my out my twists and do a retouch.hope to make apl by dec 09

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I want to join but I have overlapping challenges. I am growing out a TWA almost shaved in Christmas '07... I have about 4 - 5 " of new growth :clap:

However, I am on a hide my hair until 09 challenge....so I don't plan to get my hair straightened and take pictures until then.

Jan is fine. that is when the challenge really begins anyway. So welcome.

MA2010

Girl come in and join us! You can wait and post pics Jan 2009!:yep:

trenise

Gulp. I'm in. This is my first hair challenge and I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew. I'm pretty much neck length now and have never had long hair...not even shoulder length. I just started the journey in August and I'm still getting a routine down, but I do wash/condition my hair at least 3x's a week. I just started on the gro-aut regimine on Sept. 22nd 2008.

jamaicalovely

I would like to join

My hair has never ever been longer than shoulder length and APL is my ultimate goal. I know with the encouragement from you ladies, I can reach my goal with ease:grin:

Here's my regimen:

I shampoo and DC 2x a week
Co-wash 1x a week
Apply growth aid 2x a day
Moisturize 2x a day
Clarify once a month
Heavy protein every 6 weeks or as needed
Take vitamins daily as needed
Protective styles- rollersets & buns
I baggy 3x a week under a phony pony
My last relaxer was 8/10/2008
I stretching my relaxers to 12-16 weeks, any more and the breakage begins

My pic from this past Tuesday when it was flat ironed with a Chi(1st time using heat in over 1 year)

Im excited!! This will be my 1st challenge.

Great progress over the last year. But, dang that short cut was fly. We started at the same length.

Status
Not open for further replies.