For short haired ladies.....APL by Dec '09 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan is fine. that is when the challenge really begins anyway. So welcome.

Girl come in and join us! You can wait and post pics Jan 2009!:yep:
Thank you ladies, I'm in... I have to run now but I'm going to post my reggie for now until Jan. 09 when I get back this evening. It's pretty simple now but I'm enjoying some wonderful products on wash and DC day!!

This is exciting. I think I can do this, and if I don't make it exactly to APL then we'll see where I end up! It will certainly be longer than I am now which is much longer than I was at the start of this year! LOL - I retained 90% of my growth this year so that's a great thing!

Hi,
Hope is not to late to join this challenge. After cutting additional 2 in off since BCing in JUne 2008. I think I am going for the long haul, december 2009.

Current length varies btw chin and neck length.

REGIMEN-

pre-poo with oil before wash
Shampoo once a week, deep condition, moisturise and protective style.
thats it.

Hi,
Hope is not to late to join this challenge. After cutting additional 2 in off since BCing in JUne 2008. I think I am going for the long haul, december 2009.

Current length varies btw chin and neck length.

REGIMEN-

pre-poo with oil before wash
Shampoo once a week, deep condition, moisturise and protective style.
thats it.
Thanks for typing that!

That's my regimen too! I just use different natural butters and oils mixed in my DC. I will get my hair straightened and trimmed about once per quarter or so for length checks.

wow there is alot of us now. thats great i know we can do this all togetha:yep: OP are you going to list our names and current lengths?

Good Morning Ladies,

I am sorry I can't get to all your question right away but I am on the other side of the world (Guam) but I did subscribe to this thread and I check it at least twice a day.

I have been writitng the names of all the challengers as they enter and between Dec. 29 and Jan 2 the list will be posted on the "official thread".
I must admit I am overwhelmed with the sisterhood and community we share with one another. It is so nice to be involved with black females that have a common goal and are willing to help uplift one another. Ladies with such a positive vibe we have going I think that we will all make our goals, it might not come when we want it but it will come. When it does just imagine how sweet it will be!!!!

As for me, I have never had hair longer than collar bone length if that is even a length..lol. I promised my sons that I will never cut my hair again. EVER.

Dont feel like you are hijacking the thread. If any of you have information to share please do, that's what the challenge was created for.:yep:

hugs and kisses

Karlap you seem the be the sweetest person ever............:giveheart:. I am so excited about all of us "short haired" ladies reaching our next hair goals together. Here we come APL!!!

I'm in!! I know it's a really lofty goal, but if I don't know where I want to go - then I won't know how to get there! Right now I am cowashing every other day and using MT as well. I will be posting a starting picture and a more specific regimen around October 9 when I get my next relaxer. I've got so much shrinkage (I'm about 2 months post) now that it's very difficult to tell my current length.

Ok ladies I have added you to my list as well.

Ok so tell me if this sounds logical: I am doing the C&W method starting next sat. I am also doing MegaTek and finally I have done so research and from what I have gathered that Emu Oil gives you 20% more growth potential as well. So I go all that I am trying for min of 8 inc from now til Dec. Am I dreaming????:spinning: I want it so bad I can taste it.

Can I join, I'm currently just reaching SL, I think I have like 6+ inches and my hair grows at a snail's pace so I'm not expecting to reach it till like 31st Dec 09 :grin: my pic is in my avi. I don't have a hard fast regime but generally its

Prepoo with vatika/amla oil
wash 1x a week
DC with protein followed by DC with moisture 1x week
moisturise daily with cathy howse moisturiser, seal with castor oil
stretch relaxers to 16-20weeks
No growth aids

I just ordered a lacefront wig which I intend to wear as a protective style once the weather gets colder.

Ok ladies I have added you to my list as well.

Ok so tell me if this sounds logical: I am doing the C&W method starting next sat. I am also doing MegaTek and finally I have done so research and from what I have gathered that Emu Oil gives you 20% more growth potential as well. So I go all that I am trying for min of 8 inc from now til Dec. Am I dreaming????:spinning: I want it so bad I can taste it.

Did you read that on this board? How is it applied, just on the scalp? I have seen people mention it but never thought of it as a growth aid. I may have to check in to it.

And yes you are dreaming, but if you don't dream how are your dream suppose to come true? I'm dreaming too. :yep:

This will be my only LHCF challenge next year. I'm currently SL & working on full SL for the rest of the year. I plan to trim off my hennaed ends slowly in 09' but i'm pretty sure i'll still get to APL by the end of the year.

My regimine is simple. Oil, water, water, & more water :yep: aloe gel, & shea aloe. I DC with homemade products.

Welcome and Happy Hair Growing, to all who hope to achieve APL in 09!

Here is my Regimen and my starting pic

*Wash with Shampoo once a week (Creme of nature or silk elements)
*Conditioner wash everyday/every other day(Mizani bodifying conditioner or HE citrus lift conditioner)
*Always use a leave-in after each wash(Aghogee Provitamin or Keracare leave-in)
*Deep Condition at least twice a week(Keracare Humecto, Mizani Thermasmooth, ORS hair mayo) I also do protein treatments as needed with Aghogee 2 min reconstructor.
*Do a hot oil treatment whenever I feel like it(Keracare Essential oils, an oil blend by Naturel, castor and olive oils)
*Use a moisturizer twice a day and seal with oil(Oyin whipped pudding, Qhemet Olive and Amla heavy cream, glycerin and water, coconut oil for sealing)
*Every now and then I straighten my hair to check the length, I use a bit of leave-in, moisturizer and Sabino Moisture block and I straighten with a hot air brush (My hair is predetangled, which makes the brushing easier and safer on my hair).

This is basically all I do for now. I am trying to keep it simple. It looks like a lot, but it really is not and I alternate the use of products depending on what I am in the mood for.

DSC02240.jpg

DSC02185.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to join too! I was SL but I cut my hair to NL to get rid of layers just yesterday. I have never been passed Collarbone so APL to me would be a dream come true. My goal was to be APL by 3/2009 but since the cut Dec 09 should definitley be enough time. I'll post my starting pic and reggie soon after I figure out what I'll be doing. I'm transitiong from a texlax also and still don't know what I wana do with my hair.

i wld like to join too, am currently SL, am doing the c & g method,i water my braids at least 4 times in d week and oil my scalp wit castor oil for thickness, hopefully this would get me to APL in 09, my pics is my avater

Thank you ladies for taking this journey with me. I will make a full list of challengers by the 3rd of Jan.

Good luck but I know we can do this.

Please add me in..

My regimen:

Use auyervdic powders to cleanse, but shampoo every 2 weeks.

Deep condition twice a week

Cowash every other day

Henna every 2 months

Relax only 2 times year

PROTECTIVE STYLES:

Phony bun
Braids

Minimum to NO heat

Dust every 3 months to keep ends in tact

Getting ready to see if its possible.

i'm in although... I better be there way before then!! I'll post pictures later...After my next relaxer and trim :sad: its time to get my hair shaped...

forgot to post my regimen...
as of now-
protective style: full head weave for 8 weeks
wash every two weeks
moisturize with braid spray every day
deep condition when i take out weave
take biotin and castor oil supplements

plan to add MT soon to the reggie

I'm in!

I haven't taken any pics for a while. Crazy summer.

I am currently "grazing" shoulder length.

Current regime:
Wash once a week
co-wash once a week
keritan reconstructor every wash
deep condition weekly
Aphogee treatment every 6 months
relax every 8 weeks
moisturize nightly and seal with coconut oil
I alternate my poo's and conditioners depending on what my hair needs
Style:
phony pony
1/2 wigs with my hair hair either braided or in a pony with a baggy on top

Increase my water intake
get back on my vitamins..i fell off big time
Excercise more often

Plus prayer

G

Mandy4610--If I was natural you would be my hair twin. Your hair is the exact texture mine was when I was not relaxing and just getting braids. Problem with that was my hair would grow beautifully with braids but once I took them out for good I didn't take care of my hair and let it break off. I care now so I won't let that happen again. Okay after all that....what would you say your hair type is?

Mandy4610--If I was natural you would be my hair twin. Your hair is the exact texture mine was when I was not relaxing and just getting braids. Problem with that was my hair would grow beautifully with braids but once I took them out for good I didn't take care of my hair and let it break off. I care now so I won't let that happen again. Okay after all that....what would you say your hair type is?
Hey, good to know I have a hair twin.:grin:
I think my hair is a combination of 4a and 4b. In the pics my hair is stretched (blow dried), when it is in its unstretched state you can tell the texture better.

I'm in although I'm having a baby soon so my regimen will need to be extremely simple. Where and how do we post the pics?

Hmmm....Mandy what you told me was quite helpful. I looked at your fotki too. My texture after a year of no relaxers and only braids in/out every two months looked exactly like your "stretched" hair in that second pic.

I'm in for this challenge. I've never been longer than SL...

My regimen:
*Shampoo & DC 1x a week
*Co-wash 1x a week
*Aphogee 2 min every other week
*Color rinse every 2 weeks
*Moisturize and seal daily
*Daily multi-vitamins
*Relaxer every 8-10 weeks
*No heat unless emergency
*No growth aids (yet)

Photos in fotki: http://public.fotki.com/Tiffanita/

Did you read that on this board? How is it applied, just on the scalp? I have seen people mention it but never thought of it as a growth aid. I may have to check in to it.

And yes you are dreaming, but if you don't dream how are your dream suppose to come true? I'm dreaming too. :yep:

I read it on www.healtyhairjourney.com as well as googled it. And emu oil over time awakens dormant hair follicals and thickens the hair.

Girl I must have been sleepy when I typed last night cause I could barley understand what I wrote :lachen:So its not realistic to grow and retain 8 in in 14 months while using growth aids? My hair normally grows .5 a month so all I am really ask for is about .7 that would give me 9.8 minus some trims would be 8. Yes I am trying to get in down to a science. lol

Are there gonna be check ins for this challenge?

Yes, we will post our starting pic in Jan. then at the end of each quarter we will post a check in pic. That will be March,June,Sept,and finally in Dec. I will do my best to PM everyone at the beginning of the particular month as a reminder and then 1 week prior to the post. I know that seems anal but I have seen so many check in threads with a few pics. "The thread is worth nothing with out pictures". lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back