10 weeks post....

br0wney3z

So I was trying to make my first stretch 12 weeks, however, due to some breakage I decided it was better to relax now at 10 weeks. 2 weeks before relaxing I did an intense ApHogee treatment to try and stop some of the breakage and prepare for the relaxer. Well I relaxed on Saturday and gained about an inch of growth:grin: (still need to post those pics) anyways, now it looks like i have a different kind of breakage and I don't really know what to do. Before, the breakage occurred close to the new growth b/c the strands were deceptively long like shedded hair, but w/o the bulb. Now I'm just getting short strands, some are barely even 1mm:eek: .

So I LHCF experts, what should I do? Another intense protein treatment?

P.S. I did use my Joico K-pak reconstructor after rinising out the relaxer and before neutralizing for about 10 mins. After neutralizing, I deep conditioned with heat for about 30 minutes, rinsed, used some porosity control, added my Giovanni Leave-in and airdried.

Last edited:

BrooklynSouth

You did a strong protein? Time to drum up the moisture to a high degree. Try a deep, moisturizing conditioner with a heat cap or hood dryer, rinse out well then apply your favorite moisturizing leave in followed by your fav. light sealing oil. Braid, pony, twist, bun or braid. I shampoo four days later, 3 minute condition, rinse, towel dry hair, apply leave-in, TEENY SURGE, oil seal, bun, french...whatever again. Weekly, APHOGEE 2 MINUTE. I repeat the cycle until my hair says AHHHHHH !

br0wney3z

BrooklynSouth said:
You did a strong protein? Time to drum up the moisture to a high degree. Try a deep, moisturizing conditioner with a heat cap or hood dryer, rinse out well then apply your favorite moisturizing leave in followed by your fav. light sealing oil. Braid, pony, twist, bun or braid. I shampoo four days later, 3 minute condition, rinse, towel dry hair, apply leave-in, TEENY SURGE, oil seal, bun, french...whatever again. Weekly, APHOGEE 2 MINUTE. I repeat the cycle until my hair says AHHHHHH !

I need to get that ApHogee 2 minute. I have been using the Joico Intense Hydrator, do you know how that compares to the Aphogee?