12 inches in 12 months challenge ***Update month 11***

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Hi Ladies! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

It's time to check in! How is everyone doing?

I am still holding out for getting just a little more growth before this challenge is over. I know I won't get 12 inches but if I have retained most of what I have grown I will be extremely happy!!

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
Depressing... I think I got less growth this year than any year yet since going natural. My hair grew out about 3 inches the first 6 months of the year and has barely moved since June. I stopped using Surge in Feb or March because I got tired of lugging it to the gym with me-I do most of my rinses after I workout.
Anyway, I've still got a couple of months but unless something starts happening soon, I'll probably have only retained 4 inches this year. I've only trimmed twice so far this year in March & June, maybe about 1-2 inches total. I'm wondering if I'm nearing my "maximum length" already.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Hey JCG! I am kinda in the same boat. It seems as though I am not making much progress either.

That's the reason I braid my hair up a lot so I won't sit and watch. I don't want to be a watcher.

esoterica

One day i'll have something to write in this thread! :lol: I'm seriously considering colouring a small section of my hair so that i can measure accurately!

senimoni

asphyxxia said:
One day i'll have something to write in this thread! :lol: I'm seriously considering colouring a small section of my hair so that i can measure accurately!

Smarter than what I was going to do. I was going to snip a few pieces in some strategic places, that way there would be no confusion. :eek: