$160 for a touch up.....WTF!

He needs a whooping! First of all, $160 is way too much; I ain't never heard of nobody paying that much for a perm.

Second of all, to say that all perms have lye is true, but to say it is because of the way they are mixed is not. Sodium hydroxide lye perms are known as no base or lye relaxers and calcium hydroxide lye perms are known as no-lye.

RUN, girl, RUN!! :yep:

He needs a whooping! First of all, $160 is way too much; I ain't never heard of nobody paying that much for a perm.

Second of all, to say that all perms have lye is true, but to say it is because of the way they are mixed is not. Sodium hydroxide lye perms are known as no base or lye relaxers and calcium hydroxide lye perms are known as no-lye.

RUN, girl, RUN!! :yep:

Not true. All no base relaxers are sodium hydroxide (which is the same thing as lye). Most no-lye relaxers (do not contain sodium hdyroxide or have very little) and instead use calcium hydroxide or guanine hydroxide in its place b/c they're not as caustic.

lye, name commonly used for a strongly alkaline solution. It originally meant a solution of potassium carbonate (potash) prepared by leaching wood ashes with water, but now the name also means a solution of sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide.

http://www.answers.com/sodium hydroxide

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_hydroxide

http://www.answers.com/relaxer

Last edited:
Yep that has to be overhead because the relaxer $7 for one application:
http://www.pleasantimage.com/category.html?UCIDs=1181962

x.gif

RC_UR_99CC00_FF9900.gif
x.gif
Home
x.gif
x.gif
Contact Us
x.gif
x.gif
Our Catalog
x.gif
x.gif
Product Benefits
x.gif
x.gif
Products
x.gif
x.gif
About Us
x.gif
x.gif
Links
x.gif
x.gif
Hair Growth Formula
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
Our Catalog : Nurtri-Therapy Conditioning Relaxer(s)
conchitastraighteningsystemnutrisyatem91.jpg
x.gif
x.gif
x.gif
Click on the product name to add to shopping cart.

Available in 1lb, 4lb, 4 appl. and 16 appl. (econo pack)
x.gif

x.gif
Conditioning Relaxer (Gentle 1lb)
List Price: $8.00

x.gif
Conditioning Relaxer (Normal 1lb)
x.gif

x.gif
Conditioning Relaxer (Extra Strength 1lb)

x.gif
Conditioning Relaxer (Normal 4lb)
List Price: $22.00
x.gif

x.gif
Nutri-Therapy Conditioning Relaxer (Extra Strength 4lb)
List Price: $22.00

x.gif
Nutri Therapy For All Hair Textures & Sensitive Scalp Formula
List Price: $28.00
4 Applications
x.gif

x.gif
Nutri Therapy For All Hair Textures & Sensitive Scalp Formula
List Price: $58.00
16 applications

x.gif
Pleasant Image Distributing
[email protected]
Aventura, Florida, 33180, US
phone: 866.436.6327 fax: 305.249.7604

Its always overhead not just the product. You're paying for expertise this is especially the case when you get color done more specifically corrective color.

Like I said earlier I agree 100% that its too much but if they lived in a big city like ny or la (where this seems to be the norm) then I would understand but still wouldn't pay. The worst thing is that sometimes that doesn't include anything. I remember a woman telling me she went to some celeb stylist and paid about $100 for a relaxer and that was all she got. No trim deep conditioning style nothing.. . alteast around where I live and roller set or blow dry is included.

My gf gave me the number to her stylist. Her hair is nice and healthy and thick. I called him today and inquired about a relaxer appointment. He uses Elucence relaxer system and when I asked if that was a lye or no lye, he gave me the spill of how ALL perms have lye. He said it was just a difference of Mixing it or not mixing it! He charges $160 but because I am a friend of his cliennt $130. HE says they take the hair up and beyond...What ever that means. What does a relaxer do for $160? WHAT!

Has anyone tried this elucence relaxer anf if so what are your results? I searched on the web and the sensitive scalp formula he uses has lots of fruit extracts and herbs. I have found that these types of formulas are drying to my hair. I want my hair taken care of but for $160 I would sleep standing up for years! I wouldn't attempt to even touch my hair! :)

My stylist has been using this relaxer (regular lye formula) in my hair for almost a year and I absolutely love it!!:love: It leaves my hair soft, shiny, and silky. No relaxer has ever yielded these results on my hair.

However, my stylist only charges $55, tho.

Thank goodness for Dominican salons and lots of competition...$32 bucks, conditioner, touch-up, roller set, refreshments, music, tv...no drama and out the door within 2 hours. Price it and they will come...:nono::nono:

Um no. Only if I got a massage, a facial, and a manicure to go along with it. Your hair better be banging some fierce when you walk out. Birds should be singing, harps should be playing, and the rain should suddenly stop for $160. I haven't tried that relaxer but I am sure you can get a great touchup for way less than that. Q

OMG!! ITA!!! LOL.:lachen::lachen::lachen:Your hair had better not need to be done for about a whole year afterwards lol.

Back