2007 APL Challenge Ladies: We are in the home stretch!

This is where i am with the challenge. I just relaxed this weekend and i like how it turned out, but i am not apl yet. I was trying to hold out until the end of the challeng to relax, but i was losing too much hair....
pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

I am almost there..... like another inch or two and will be pleased to say that i am apl...... Maybe the relaxer after next ill claim it.....

Since I started my hair journey with a "jacked up" kitchen - I think my top and sides will actually reach APL before my back which has recovered and trying to catch up!

Wow I really do not know. I have another sew in and plan to do a relaxer next month when I take the sew in out. Last time I checked, in November, I was kissing APL (see siggy) without a relaxer. I'm about 4 months post! Praying that I am at least a little closer! Wish all the ladies luck with the goal!

I', trying not to pay any attention to my hair and have been wearing it in a banana clip for protective styling (hig pony). It seems that when i don't pay it much attention it does alot better with growth rate.

I have a hunch that I just might make it by xmas! (keeping fingers crossed)

I have all of about 5 strands :nono: that made it to APL. I pushed my goal date back to February. According to the moon phases (Gravity/Balance concept) January 8th is supposed to be good for encouraging, faster growing hair so I'm going to trim on that day. Yeah, I'm trying that hard to make it to APL:look:.

i've got about 2.5 or 3 more inches (in the back) to go.

when i trimmed in mid october (1 - 1.5 inches, a little more in some places)
i didnt suspect at all that it would grow back
to (pretty much) the original length so fast

i still know i wont make it by christmas
but it's good to know i made it back to where i was so fast

i realized that i cut more off the side (not the entire side, the hair in front of my ears/below the temple) than i thought i had (about 2 inches here)
that was at collarbone length, but now it's a little past chin
we'll have to get back to where we were with that one.

and my fronts seem to be back pretty much EXACTLY where they were
when i trimmed (bottom of bottom lip). so that's good.

i cant wait to see all of your updates when christmas comes around.

i'll come back and tell you how much i have to go by then.

i'm excited for may. that's going to be my REAL length check.

Well I am 3months and some change overdue. I think I will be doing my last texlax tomorrow. 3 weeks ago I did the domincan blowout and that's the picture in my siggy. I'm at APL but afraid to claim it since not all my hair is there. Looking at my hair you wouldn't tell that not all my hair is APL. In the siggy it's actually curled under. I'm still going to claim it regardless, so I should be fully comfortable with the length after the relaxer.

I need it to get thicker though, so i'll be dusting and trimming more.

I'm going to make it :grin:
I'm not revealing until January 15th
just because I always do it on the 15th...
I have about ½" to go... I'm excited!!!

:eyebrows2: :poledancer: :woohoo2: :wiggle:

Congrats to all the ladies who made APL! I am not going to make it by the end of the month, I think ill be there at my next relaxer which is end of January.

Ok I actually dropped out of this challenge like half a year ago and planned to make APL by Jan the 12th but Candy and JR said I can go ahead and claim it.
What do you guys think?(I'm still not sure if they just played me:look:)
Sorry I really suck at taking pics from the back,my hair always looks a hot mess
IMG_7553.jpg

length.jpg

Ok I actually dropped out of this challenge like half a year ago and planned to make APL by Jan the 12th but Candy and JR said I can go ahead and claim it.
Sorry I really suck at taking pics from the back,my hair always looks a hot mess
IMG_7553.jpg

length.jpg

CLAIM IT, SWEETIE!!! :clapping:

Your hair looks thick and healthy!! You're at APL, possibly more when you straighten. :yep:

And, you're ADORABLE, too! ;)

CLAIM IT, SWEETIE!!! :clapping:

Your hair looks thick and healthy!! You're at APL, possibly more when you straighten. :yep:

And, you're ADORABLE, too! ;)
Lol this IS my hair straightened on low heat,it's just so darn thick and texturized that it does not do me any good:nono::lachen:
Awwww Thank you Serenity!:blush::blush:

Btw - can I steal your hairgoal? Hairtouchingboobies... lol?
my new hairgoal HTB:grin:

IMG_7553.jpg

length.jpg

Ella, you're there!!! Congrats. I have another inch or so before I can feel comfortable claiming it. I have this "tail" in the back that seems to be APL :perplexed. Wish me luck....we'll see what it looks like on 12/31.

Ella, you're there!!! Congrats. I have another inch or so before I can feel comfortable claiming it. I have this "tail" in the back that seems to be APL :perplexed. Wish me luck....we'll see what it looks like on 12/31.

whitley, your hair looks really thick and pretty! Your hair just may be there 12/31! Massage that scalp every night and take at least a multivitamin.

Ella, Congrats on APL!

whitley, your hair looks really thick and pretty! Your hair just may be there 12/31! Massage that scalp every night and take at least a multivitamin.

Ella, Congrats on APL!

Thanks Leslie! The pic below was taken on Oct 13, but my hair hasn't grown much since then. I've shed some :ohwell:. I plan to press again this weekend and I'll properly log my progress....it didn't seem that long 3 weeks ago when I pressed, though.

292648212.jpg

IMG_7553.jpg

length.jpg

Ella, you look like you are at APL to me. You have a lot of thick hair, very nice.

I'm hoping for some type of APL, maybe just the nape area, IDK. I haven't straightened my natural hair since the beginning of summer and probably won't until around Christmas.

No, I didn't make it. As a matter of fact, I am in the exact same place that I was in July.

100_3679.jpg
100_4119.jpg

Nicki6 your trippin right ??You are not in the same spot and if I was there to take your picture I would have did a sweep and taken the fold in your hair off your shoulders and draped your hair. Retake the shot with a straight edge across your shoulders - like a yard stick, broom handle, or a long ruler. Your hair did grow and you are so so close to full APL. I mean it.:Flahsssss

I on the other hand barely grew 2". I will post comparison pictures in January. But I'm not kidding you, good progress, and for Christmas and the New Year I'm wishing you great progress:weird::weird:

Last edited:
Nicki6 your trippin right ??You are not in the same spot and if I was there to take your picture I would have did a sweep and taken the fold in your hair off your shoulders and draped your hair. Retake the shot with a straight edge across your shoulders - like a yard stick, broom handle, or a long ruler. Your hair did grow and you are so so close to full APL. I mean it.:Flahsssss

I on the other hand barely grew 2". I will post comparison pictures in January. But I'm not kidding you, good progress, and for Christmas and the New Year I'm wishing you great progress:weird::weird:

Exactly@ the bolded! Almost doesnt count around these part:cool:
I think I be 'certified' between March and June though:pray:

Thank you for your input too:kiss:

Congrats to all the ladies that have already made it, or will make it by Dec!!!!
Unfortunately, I already know that I wont make it this year. I've changed my goal date to Mar-Apr '08. Going from SL to APL is waaaay harder than I thought it would be. :ohwell:

I feel you. I've never been APL before. I have a feeling BSL will come easy for me once I hit this APL hurdle.

Back