Calling all ladies in the APL challenge. Midway checkin!

Bellavita6

I finally got my shedding under control but im not sure if i will be APL by december. I have about 2 " to go...

gone_fishing

When is the reveal? December?

I joined this challenge late. I was shoulder length on memorial day weekend but I do think I'll be APL by the end of the year...I've made a lot of progress...

blazingthru

I'm still at collarbone, but it's filling out. I think my hair is waiting for the rest of my strands to reach collarbone before it gets any longer :lachen:.
This is what I think about my hair as well thats why I stopped taking pictures I took one I am about an inch away but it can't be right at all. So I decided not to take anymore until december and then three months after that I think I will be there around April hopefully evenly. I am tired of watching it grow - really. I just want it to happen.

kittenz

I relaxed my hair last weekend and I was not at all impressed with the results. Although I think my hair grew and good amount while twisted I didn't take any pics because of underprocessing. I think I'm going to wait about 7 weeks and do a corrective/touch-up because I added a little too much oil to my last relaxer.:ohwell: Maybe I'll flatiron it and take a update pic just for the heck of it.

Treasure2k6

Just checkin in! I think I have been able to maintain the growth i started with, but it does seem like my hair is growing slower than normal. I'm 7 weeks post and took the pic in the green shirt last week.

(The pink is my starting APL pic, and the green shirt in my avator is my current) I hope I can make it! My SO has been wanting to comb my hair and play with it ...not normal! LOL Let's me know that eventhough i don't see it, I just might be getting somewhere!:rolleyes: I'm bad with measurements but I would say I have ummm i guess an inch or 2 to get
there.

Attachments

• 1yearhaircareresults.jpg
    1yearhaircareresults.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 2

Hair Iam

How did I miss this thread?:clap:.....checking in - 2-3 more inches to go .. see what you think ...in my hair album under Sept album .

Last edited:

TLC1020

I guess everything is ok, havent' had any set backs, mishaps or anything out of the ordinary.. Just about six weeks post and I have major shrinkage so I'm not going measure length and probably won't until I get a touch-up which will be 12 weeks post...

jovan787

Hi ladies!! I had micros put in about 2 1/2 weeks ago and before that I was about 2 inches awya from APL. I think I have about 1/2 an inch of new growth now and will be taking my braids down around Thanksgiving so Im keeping my fingers crossed that Ill be APL by then but I doubt it. Ill def by APL by the end of this year :grin:

blueabyss333

I want to join this challenge! :grin: I'm finally starting to grow in a healthy shoulder length. My sides are a little bit shorter. I know that I'm going to need a couple trims in between but I hope to make it by mid 2008, God willing.

texasqt

I think I'm in this challenge :drunk: but I don't think I'm going to make it come December. I'll be surprised if I do. :sad:

kittenz

I don't see much difference. :ohwell: My hair was straighter and smoother in the before pic. APL seems so far away much farther than December.

Ms Red

The longest part of my hair (nape) is at APL but I'm still waiting for the sides, front and crown to catch up. My goal is to be FULL APL by March 30, 2008!! :grin::grin:

Iluvsmuhgrass

Got a relaxer and I made it but needed a trim sooooo I'm not apl anymore. :look: Those were a grand fifteen minutes. I'm close and should definitely hit it by December....

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
So I have to share this with you. My mother came in to town yesterday. She will be visiting me for 10 days. I celebrated by pre-pooing, washing, and conditioning overnight; then, got up the next morning and blew dry. Yes I know it's heat but it's not often that I use heat and it was for a special occasion. So my mother sees my hair and marvels. She says that it is so thick and has grown so much. I'm 14 weeks post relaxer!! :clapping: Although she kept going on and on about how my hair needs a perm, I was so happy. We went to the mall and I got compliments from the AVEDA ladies and the lovely Latina who tried to sell me a flat iron! :lol:

Anyway, I must be doing something right because my hair is healthy. So I'm going to suck it up, continue to stretch and keep my NG and ends healthy, wear this dreaded bun, and relax for Christmas. I seriously cannot wait. Although I'm dying to relax, the stretching and suffering through it has really made a difference. I hope I'm APL, perhaps a little beyond by Christmas. (I'll probably have to snip 1/2 inch, but we'll see...;)).

MissFallon

I have about 2-3" until full APL. I have some strands that touch now but im waiting until December (and alittle more growth) to fully claim it.

aloof one

Two inches till Im touching APL again, but clearly it wont be full APL for at least 4 or 5 inches. Basically I think I'll be grazing it in December, but by the end of Dec I should be mostly there...:look:

Heres to (hopefully) 2 inches before the end of the challenge in 2 months! (and 3 inches before 2008!) No more trims for a LONG time...:nono:

I am happy to report that my hair is still growing..I just took down my sew-in. I did an 11 week stretch...i had 2 1/2 inches of new growth.. Now I'm rocking spiral curls to give my hair a rest. Then I'm getting it sewed back up..I have to take picture of my curls they are cute... I'm about 1/2 inch from Apl... My eyes were like:ohsnap: when my beutican showed me how long my hair wuz..I said that's all mine...She said yup.. I fell our hard work is paying off..i love my beatican...She always dust my ends doing stretches and keep my ends healthy.. So when it's time for a relaxer, i never need a trim..i moisture and mositure and used bt...It has helped alot...

Lavendar

Hey, I'm in this challenge...I reached APL last month.....on to the BSL in 08 challenge! I hope to see you all there!:drunk:

pazyamor

This is a june and september comparison. I dont really like the clarity in the second pic, its not the best pic but this is where my hair is now.Not sure if i will be APL by december though.

OMG...your hair is growing so quickly...it's beautiful.

zora

The back of my hair is a good 4" from APL. That's not really my goal, but it would be nice to make it.

Right now the focus is the front of my hair and the sides.