2010 HYH Challenge Starting Pics

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Think I forgot to post starting pic --

godzchildtoo

Hi Ladies! Sorry for my delay...I'll be sure to post my starting picks today. I'll probably wash and blow dry. I ordered the measurement tshirt about 2 weeks ago, but my hair probably won't even reach the top of it yet.

newbeginnings2010

Okay so here is a length check back in April had a set back since then but I havent done a length check since then and this wasnt the greatest length check pic either....But I feel like I have been chasing APL for 2 years now, but I started very uneven etc.....But my ARMPITS ARE LOW....but locally I have low armpits...short waisted so when I do get pass APL all other lengths should be a breeze hopefully 2011 I hope to be done growing to WSL we shall see....

I feel your pain lawyer! APL to BSL is a challenge for me because I have like 6 inches to get there. My armpits are kinda low, too so SL to APL was no small feat either.

LadyRaider

I feel your pain lawyer! APL to BSL is a challenge for me because I have like 6 inches to get there. My armpits are kinda low, too so SL to APL was no small feat either.

You need to count BSB as your BSL. Your bra just rides low on you. You might have to accept your armpits, but NOT your bra strap! :)

bryantgurls

This is my starting pic from June (my last touch-up) and I am hoping to be BSL by the end of September...

Attachments

• Photo_061910_002.jpg
    Photo_061910_002.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 10

Dee Raven

Ok, so I'm joining late. My pic is from Aug 5, so I guess that will count as one of my free passes.

Attachments

• aug 5 update.jpg
    aug 5 update.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 21

NJoy

Here I grow again!
My starting pic is in my siggy but, since I change my siggy often, I'll post it here too.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
My hair length is between 2.5 - 3 inches long.

First pic is my loose hair from last week...
Second pic is my PS which was done today...

Attachments

• 6 Months post Chop (side).jpg
    6 Months post Chop (side).jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 7
  • cornrows Aug 16, 2010.jpg
    cornrows Aug 16, 2010.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 6

Chocolatelove2010

Is it too late for me to join :(

Well I'll just put my starting pic here (and just pretend I'm in the challenge too) :lachen:

Attachments

• pic101.jpg
    pic101.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 9

bigbrowneyez

I just joined! I've been hiding since beginning of aug (about a week after the official challenge started). I'm also not relaxing until the week of Christmas for a 6month stretch. The starting pic is from my relaxer on 6/24/10 styled so the ends are bumped under. I am BSL. My hair is currently in 4 cornrows pinned up that I will cowash and redo every 1 to 2 weeks depending on how quick they get fuzzy. I am 8 weeks post.

Attachments

• 6.24.10 004.jpg
    6.24.10 004.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 6.24.10 001.jpg
    6.24.10 001.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 11

godzchildtoo

Ok ladies, so sorry for the delay. I had so much going on with family emergencies that I couldn't get to the board. I finally got my hair blow dried out last Thursday and here it is. It's very uneven in the back. The stylist said I have a lot of breakage in the crown and occipital area, probably from my ponytail I've been rocking. So I will be looking for help with transitional styles. I'm finally necklength again and will be putting my hair up for the rest of the week with a claw. Nothing fancy

Attachments

• DSC00444.JPG
    DSC00444.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 6

Geeah

Okay, I've finally taken some time to learn how to post pics! Here's my starting point - one right after washing, and the other just after my last trim in July (hopes this works)....

Ms_CoCo37

Ladies, I was just looking through these, and they didn't do anything but get me excited for our reveal in a couple of days! I can't wait to see everyone's progress! :grin:

Janet'

...I know, I just went through the pages...Wow...we're really at the end of it!!! 9 more days!!! OMGee...:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Janet'

^^^Glad to know that I'm not the only one...I really think my reveal is going to be anti-climactic...I LOVE my color, and although I haven't lost any hair, I know that it has played a role in my rate of retention...Ah well...:confused: