2011 HYH Challenge Starting Pics (Part II)

Ms_CoCo37

2011 HYH Challenge Starting Pics (July 1st - Dec. 31st)

IT’S TIME TO KEEP THIS 2011 HYH PARTY GOING WITH THE BEGINNING OF THE NEXT CYCLE!!!

Post your starting pictures here. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS THREAD IS FOR STARTING PICTURES ONLY. The actual thread we will be posting to daily is here:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=552859

Now let me see those starting pictures!

Last edited:

TLC1020

Hey Ms_CoCo37,

Here is my starting pic... Haven't had a relaxer since April.. Been bunning since April also.. Here's to the rest of 2011 :grin:

Attachments

• 4 3 11n.jpg
    4 3 11n.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 66

davisbr88

Hoping this will help me recover from my setback and put me back at APL by December 31!!!

June 27, 2011

Yes... this is the world's highest bra but it's just so dang comfortable... Lol. BSL on this bra is def APL, so that's what I'm shooting for - my hair hitting the bra strap.

NikkiQ

Bleh! Here we go! Sorry for the crappy flat iron results.:ohwell:

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 87

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Holding my place in line but in the mean time, i want to introduce myself. This is my very first post here on LHCF, thus this will be my first challenge. I have been lurking around since the beginning of this year and began my own HHC journey? I have learned soo much in the last six months and just now feel confident to hang out with you lovely ladies. With that said, it will be a great pleasure learning all about y'll healthy hair regimens and creating one of my own.

kiminprogress

Re: 2011 HYH Challenge Starting Pics (July 1st - Dec. 31st)

Starting pics in sigi. I'm along for the HYH Challenge for the 1st time. I am starting with 2 strand twists this week.

Anakinsmomma

Here's mine! My goal is APL.

Don't tell my supes Im out of uniform lol.

ETA: sorry y'all, I don't have a comb at work. I'll add a fully combed pic later.

Edited to add more pics:
Combed out :)

This one that follows I was trying to do a reach around to pull it down, but couldn't grab it from the bottom so I sorta stretched it from the top

I've got a bit of a hunchback... The hair is resting on it :blush:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

g.lo

it's going to be hard, but determine to stick to this challenge:grin:

here are my starting pic, taken saturday 25th of june, my hair was blow dried on cool setting.

Attachments

• DSC00363.jpg
    DSC00363.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00365.jpg
    DSC00365.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 29

Shelew

I will be joining. I had a weave put in by Reniece on June 29. Not at computer will post starting pic later.

Shananyganz

The attached pictures were taken on June 28th...WHICH BTW...was a day after my 2-year anniversary...woot woot!! :grin:

Enough of that...

I've been in braids since May 21st and plan on rocking them for the rest of the summer. SHOULD/WHEN I change it up...it will be between braids, kinky twists, corn rows (if I can find someone I trust...so this is a vague possibility) and micro braids with a sew-in.

I keep it simple....IMHO--- I wash (with conditioner) every other week (shampoo once a month), spray my scalp with water each day, rub Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1, followed by coconut oil over the length of my braids every day. I put castor oil on my edges and deep condition as needed. That is all. OH wait!! I re-braid the edges as need.

Very excited for this challenge!! ESPECIALLY after seeing the HYH hair results from the last cycle! :lick:

~S~

Attachments

• June Braids4.jpg
    June Braids4.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 68
  • June Braids5.jpg
    June Braids5.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 77
  • June Braids6.jpg
    June Braids6.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 61
  • June Braids7.jpg
    June Braids7.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 60
  • June Braids8.jpg
    June Braids8.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 58

mzbrown

Here is my starting pic. This was my hair on 7/1 a day after my cowash and dc. I airdried my hair completely with some leave-in up in a bun (which explains all of the indentations). I'm also 20 weeks post.

Last edited:

YoursTrulyRE

Here are my starting pics. Did a blowout on medium and light flat iron.

Sorry the pics aren't the greatest but you get the point.

Attachments

• length check 2011_07_04.jpg
    length check 2011_07_04.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

bellebebe

I experienced a lot of shedding but it's getting better. I cannot wait to transform my hair. I hate the way my ends look.

Attachments

• IMAG0092.jpg
    IMAG0092.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 41

FoxxyLocs

Here's a stretched twist as my starting pic. It's not the best but that's all I have for now.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1309562447124.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1309562447124.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 54

mzsophisticated26

Saving spot will post tomorrow after I flat iron**** update pic****
My goal is to atleast get 2 inches past APL, I am an extremely slow grower

Last edited: