2011 21 DAY FAST

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I'm sorry to hear that... do you drink chamomile tea? I've read that drinking this tea in the morning on an empty stomach soothes the pain of ulcers.

Ladies, please say a prayer for me. I have been struggling with abdominal pain since yesterday morning :nono: I have a history of stomach problems (I had my first ulcer at age 10!), so this is not a "new" thing perse. I think maybe I have been eating too much fiber and not drinking enough water, hence the issues. I am going to lay off the wheat containing products and nuts for the next 6 days. Trying to stick to fruits and veggies for the rest of the fast :) I was driving last night and it was so bad I just had to say "Jesus help me!" over and over again. Then a thought came to my mind that I should praise Him through the pain...not that I am happy about it, but my praise should NOT be dependent on my circumstances! So I just start praising God for who He was and do you know the pain subsided until I arrived home?! Jesus is just so good to me! I just feel compelled to praise Him through the good and bad times now...another blessing of the fast :grin: But I am still praying the pain will be taken away because I don't want to keep functioning at half-speed...thanks ladies!

LilMissSunshine5

Thanks for your concern! I don't drink chamomile tea, but I'll have to try it! I would normally try to drink peppermint tea to soothe my tummy, but herbal teas are discouraged during the Daniel fast from what I have read. I just have to hang in until Monday, so I will try both teas then :yep: I am feeling much better this evening thank God!

I'm sorry to hear that... do you drink chamomile tea? I've read that drinking this tea in the morning on an empty stomach soothes the pain of ulcers.

Prudent1

Winding down this time of fasting and just wanted to share a few things with you wonderful ladies:yep:. I have decided to make sure I am living a fasted life throughout the year to include specific predetermined dates/times of fasting. I did this about a year or so ago but didn't last year:spank::nono:. At that point I decided to fast the first weekend of every month as a type of 'first fruits' offering to our Lord. I haven't decided when but I am going to fast a minimum of once a quarter on purpose as an individual. Of course, I'll fast along with my church or for other unplanned reasons too. Also, I am sooo excited b/c we are having an upcoming prayer conference at my church!! I specifically felt God break some things off of me during a recent service but in my spirit I am really excited about this upcoming service!! I don't know much about the guest prophetess that is going to be ministering but I know that I know I'm supposed to be there. :woohoo: I hope all is well with each of you. I always pray for my LHCF sisters during intercession but this time together has been especially nice!:rosebud:

Zeal

Day 19 - Wow. Piggybacking on Prudent. I have been thinking of doing a full fast until 6 PM every Monday. ... or one day of the week.

ETA: Oooops I meant to say liquid..
I wonder why I typed that.:look::look:

hmmmm?

LilMissSunshine5

LOL @ Zeal! And Prudent1 thank goodness for your blessings! Yeah, this has been a wonderful time...difficult, but so fruitful! I can't express how much gratitude I have in my heart for this time. I wouldn't be able to do it justice. I am also planning to make this a lifestyle, not just a one time thing. God will instruct me on how often to do this throughout the year, so I am not worried :) I'm thinking maybe a Sat or Sunday fast? I'll pray about it!

I also have enjoyed developing a fellowship with you ladies! That part of this experience has been priceless! The accountability and encouragement has been nothing short of amazing! And I have a praise report: I have been painfree since last night! YAY! And I just received an email that the research center is offering me not only a summer internship, but a job that extends after the summer!!!! Praise Jesus!!! I read the email and just started to cry...I thought it looked like a good fit, but I left it up to God to determine that and whether it was His will that I should get it :yep: He is just so good that if I had a thousand tongues I couldn't thank Him enough!

Jynlnd13

So, I stopped fasting last week, I gave up. I reasoned that I would start again in March, but I feel like God has just slapped me up side the head and said no child, you need to fast now. I know I do. I know I can, I just stumbled, but I am standing back up. Everything I was trying to do before, is out the window now. I am just going to focus on God and his word. I know Jesus gives me everything I need to be strong. Praying for everyone :) God bless you all.

gn1g

O my goodness I am feigning for beef! whew it was easy, but now it is getting really tuff.
I am aching in my body and can't wait to really eat on 2/9!

OUR BREAKTHROUGH IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!

Zeal

So, I stopped fasting last week, I gave up. I reasoned that I would start again in March, but I feel like God has just slapped me up side the head and said no child, you need to fast now. I know I do. I know I can, I just stumbled, but I am standing back up. Everything I was trying to do before, is out the window now. I am just going to focus on God and his word. I know Jesus gives me everything I need to be strong. Praying for everyone :) God bless you all.

At least you came back. Keep trying. God is always waiting. :yep::yep::yep:

I AM HUNGRY!!!! I JUST WANT ANYTHING. ANYTHING WILL DO. I AM NOT HUNGRY. I JUST WANT TO EAT. GRRRRRRRRR. NO WATING AFTER AFTER 7. NO EATING AFTER 7. NO EATING AFTER 7.

Praise report! I was blessed financially and will be able to pay my rent tomorrow. I am two months behind. I actually recieved a letter Monday stating that I would be taken to court if I did not pay by tomorrow.

Well guess what? I am paying tomorrow. NOW FOR THAT JOB LORD!

Sarophina

Well Ladies thank you all for keeping me going! When I felt tempted to crave in and have some meat today. I remembered first my commitment to God and 2nd your testimonies!
I have a mini praise report! I've been praying that God remove anyone who does not wish to obey Him from my family's life and he has removed a few people already! These people have really stolen the peace from our house and they are gone!
Also I've been praying against some persecution I've received continuously these past two weeks. The Lord put a stop to that as well.
Lastly, I want to thank Him for my increased faith. I've really begun to take His promises at face value.

Zeal

Breakfast

Hot Pink Smoothie

2 pieces of raw beet (It was a BIG beet. cut into about 6 pieces)
2 carrots
6 or 7 dates
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
Handful goji berries
Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cup water
6 ice cubes

Yummmmmmmy! :lick::lick: First time making this way

Keep going ladies. Stand in agreement with me for a job. I've been out 2 years.

Zeal

Let's stand in agreement.

No matter the issue. We are covered. He may not come when we "want". He comes in his time. His way are higher than our ways. His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. But he knows what he is doing.

If you pray. Don't worry. God is not slack concerning his promises. Stand on the promises. All power is in his hands.:yay:

Let's rest! We were born into rest. Think about when Adam was created.

(I'm encouraging myself) LOL!:lachen::lachen:

YouTube - Youthful Praise - Resting On His Promise (AUDIO ONLY) <---- Resting on

Zeal

Prayer -To Walk in the Word

Father, in the name of Jesus, I commit myself to walk in the Word. Your
Word living in me produces Your life in this world. I recognize that Your
Word is integrity itself — steadfast, sure, eternal — and I trust my life to its
provisions.

You have sent Your Word forth into my heart. I let it dwell in me richly in all
wisdom. I meditate in it day and night so that I may diligently act on it. The
Incorruptible Seed, the Living Word, the Word of Truth, is abiding in my
spirit. That Seed is growing mightily in me now, producing Your nature,
Your life. It is my counsel, my shield, my buckler, my powerful weapon in
battle. The Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. It makes my
way plain before me. I do not stumble, for my steps are ordered in the
Word.

The Holy Spirit leads and guides me into all the truth. He gives me
understanding, discernment, and comprehension so that I am preserved
from the snares of the evil one.

I delight myself in You and Your Word. Because of that, You put Your
desires within my heart. I commit my way unto You, and You bring it to
pass. I am confident that You are at work in me now both to will and to do
all Your good pleasure.

I exalt Your Word, hold it in high esteem, and give it first place. I make my
schedule around Your Word. I make the Word the final authority to settle all
questions that confront me. I choose to agree with the Word of God, and I
choose to disagree with any thoughts, conditions, or circumstances contrary
to Your Word. I boldly and confidently say that my heart is fixed and
established on the solid foundation — the living Word of God! Amen.

21-Days of Declaration - The Purpose of the Woman Ministry to Women

it_comes_naturally

Let's stand in agreement.

No matter the issue. We are covered. He may not come when we "want". He comes in his time. His way are higher than our ways. His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. But he knows what he is doing.

If you pray. Don't worry. God is not slack concerning his promises. Stand on the promises. All power is in his hands.:yay:

Let's rest! We were born into rest. Think about when Adam was created.

(I'm encouraging myself) LOL!:lachen::lachen:

YouTube - Youthful Praise - Resting On His Promise (AUDIO ONLY) <---- Resting on

:amen: ...............

LilMissSunshine5

I will be so excited when Monday comes! I miss meat so much LOL Who knew that would be the hardest thing to be without...especially because I had an addiction to sugar! Thank you Jesus for helping me (and all of us) through this fast thus far! We know that you will sustain us until its completion...:amen:

WhipEffectz1

Keep going! You can do it! It's over for me. But I may just try to keep this diet.

Thanks! I am even with Super Bowl weekend coming. lol I was eating mostly fish with fresh fruits and vegetables before so I will continue afterwards.

gn1g

i fell yesterday for the first time, bacon is irresistable at times. But I am stronger now and will keep rollin.

Aniece28

This is my fist day of the Daniel fast. I'm doing this to gain a closer relationship with God. For cleansing and healing of my mind, body, and spirit. I'm also seeking clarity about the things God would have me do.

I've never fasted for longer than a week before. But this thread is encouraging, so I'm gonna step outta my comfort zone and do this!

Aniece28

I didn't make it. I don't think I was getting enough calories, because I was feeling lightheaded/weak. Oh, well. I'll try again another time, but I'll have to plan out a detailed menu beforehand. Winging it didn't work.