2011 21 DAY FAST

LilMissSunshine5

I did two Joyce Meyer devotional readings today and they both covered the exact scriptures that God had repeatedly brought to my mind over the past couple of days...I tell you ladies, God is working it out for all of us! I am so encouraged today! I was struggling today, feeling physically not well, thinking maybe I should convert to the Daniel Fast a day early bc originally I only set out to do a 24h total fast (and then I felt led to do the 3 day total fast so I kept going). So technically, I already fulfilled my commitment. Sometimes, I have a lot of nerve LOL But then God spoke to me and convicted me of still trying to run the show LOL He lead me to lengthen the fast and once again, I was looking for a way out SMH But I am going to keep persevering and obeying God's will, not my own...thank you for being a support! I know God placed you ladies/this forum into my life for such a time as this. This is the scripture my mom gave me years ago that keeps coming to my mind and seems appropriate for this process:

I Peter 5:6-11
6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.
7 Casting all your care upon Him; for He cares for you.
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered awhile, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Enough said :lol: Be encouraged ladies :yep:

luthiengirlie

I am on day two of my fast... Yesterday I was praying about being irritated with people on a regular.. I don't want that character in me... but i found myself beiing IRRITATED ALL DAY... I'm doing a technology fast during prime evening hours... I'm going to do that until YHWH directs me other wise.. I spent time just worshipping Him last night... IT WAS AMAZING.. I've never had that type of intimacy with HIm in a LONG TIME

LovelyRo

I'm on Day 4 of my fast and I've had spiritual attacks during the night since Saturday... I actually just realized I was under attack... now that I know that, I know how to fight back.

4everbeautifull1

Just checking in, surprisingly DH and I are doing well! I wasn't sure since it is out first fast. I feel really good too although I was really tired for some reason at first. I went online for some recipes for the fast and stumbled upon a site with a few good recipes. We tried to vegetarian chili and it was really good. I will find the website and post it here incase anyone is interested.

Jynlnd13

Today, I didn't follow any fast. It was a bit hectic, so tomorrow I'm doing a liquids only fast, for 3 days. Depending on how my blood sugar handles it, but I feel I can complete it for 3 days and then go to the danieal, which will mainly just be fruit smoothies and some veggies.

gn1g

I am doing good so far, a friend is also on this fast and I was impressed to look at missingmoney.com and low and behold I found her name on the list she had enough money to pay her rent. Praise God. He is never too late!

I am also drawn to scriptures about faith and will do a thread on it shortly. . . Quantum Faith! What I am learning is mind blowing, can't wait to really get my mind around it.

Zeal

Hey ladies. My Mom is home from the hospital praise God. I am so fatigued and hungry. I have been basically making things from scratch and checking labels like crazy. I really DO want it to be a Daniel fast. Fruits, veggies, water and nothing with perserves. However, now that I am at my Mom'd I really don't have a choice but to eat what is here. Until I can get back home. Meaning soup from a can. I guess I'll just be eating a lot of fruit. And drinking water.

I was actually drinking herbal tea and aw vermont cocktail as my iron is low.

My first two days (and part of the third) i did basically a liquid fast

4everbeautifull1

Hey ladies. My Mom is home from the hospital praise God. I am so fatigued and hungry. I have been basically making things from scratch and checking labels like crazy. I really DO want it to be a Daniel fast. Fruits, veggies, water and nothing with perserves. However, now that I am at my Mom'd I really don't have a choice but to eat what is here. Until I can get back home. Meaning soup from a can. I guess I'll just be eating a lot of fruit. And drinking water.

I was actually drinking herbal tea and aw vermont cocktail as my iron is low.

My first two days (and part of the third) i did basically a liquid fast

I am really happy to hear that your mom is home! God is awesome! I am really happy for you!

LovelyRo

I had a breakthrough last night... no attacks and I got through that wall that was blocking my praise and worship! God is Good!

HeChangedMyName

I am so thru with myself. I missed the start date. BUT I will begin immediately. I'm fasting with you all and stand in agreement with your desires according to God's will. My devotional scripture for this fast is my favorite fast. Jeremiah 29:11 and rather than asking God for any one thing, because he already knows, and I'm already working on them. . .I'm fasting for God's blessing that HE has for me. I feel that he has something for me that I can't even fathom and I want what he has, whether it is physical, material, spiritual, emotional, or whatever. so I'm fasting starting right now.

I rarely do a food fast because it doesn't seem to affect my spirit so much because I eat so sporadically anyhow but I will fast from . . . .facebook. whooo. This will actually prove to be tough for me but I'm going in and I'm going hard. I'll deactivate my account so that I don't get tempted.

LilMissSunshine5

Hey ladies! Just checking in...I ended my 3 day total fast yesterday (man was I sick of water LOL) So I am now doing the Daniel Fast & I seem to have a little more energy. But I overdid it tonight and was feeling the effects...I need to eat some beans or something to get some protein in my body bc eating cashews and grapefruit wasn't enough :) But I have been experiencing a tremendous spiritual breakthrough and am glad I decided to do this fast! I feel like I haven't heard God speak to me this much in a long time! That was worth the growling stomach for a few days...please keep my mom in your prayers. I called her and found out she is in the hospital with some sort of virus :sad: They are keeping her until can hold something down (they are being cautious bc she is 70 and diabetic). But God is going to take care of her just like He is taking care of me...the plans of the enemy will fail bc that is his destiny:failure! So I will continue to pray for God's will in all things and healing for each one of us and all our loved ones...keep the faith ladies!

Sarophina

Hey ladies! Just checking in...I ended my 3 day total fast yesterday (man was I sick of water LOL) So I am now doing the Daniel Fast & I seem to have a little more energy. But I overdid it tonight and was feeling the effects...I need to eat some beans or something to get some protein in my body bc eating cashews and grapefruit wasn't enough :) But I have been experiencing a tremendous spiritual breakthrough and am glad I decided to do this fast! I feel like I haven't heard God speak to me this much in a long time! That was worth the growling stomach for a few days...please keep my mom in your prayers. I called her and found out she is in the hospital with some sort of virus :sad: They are keeping her until can hold something down (they are being cautious bc she is 70 and diabetic). But God is going to take care of her just like He is taking care of me...the plans of the enemy will fail bc that is his destiny:failure! So I will continue to pray for God's will in all things and healing for each one of us and all our loved ones...keep the faith ladies!

LilMissSunshine5 I have enjoyed reading your posts, esp. because we seem to be in the same boat. I have a hard time doing this fast as well but, I agree it's worth it. My focus has been on Him more often today rather than other people or even myself.

I will add your mom to my prayer list for tonight.

I didn't think the Daniel fast would be a big deal because at least I'm eating somethin. But, it's crazy how somethin that is forbidden can seem soooooooo appetizing. It really was hard not eating any chicken in my pasta (whole-wheat) tonight. It's strange because I thought it wouldn't be. However, I def. don't think I have it as hard as those completing the full fast. I def. want to build up to doing more days of full fasting in the future.

Jynlnd13

LilMissSunshine5 I have enjoyed reading your posts, esp. because we seem to be in the same boat. I have a hard time doing this fast as well but, I agree it's worth it. My focus has been on Him more often today rather than other people or even myself.

I will add your mom to my prayer list for tonight.

I didn't think the Daniel fast would be a big deal because at least I'm eating somethin. But, it's crazy how somethin that is forbidden can seem soooooooo appetizing. It really was hard not eating any chicken in my pasta (whole-wheat) tonight. It's strange because I thought it wouldn't be. However, I def. don't think I have it as hard as those completing the full fast. I def. want to build up to doing more days of full fasting in the future.

I agree, I thought the daniel fast would be easy, but it's proven it is not. I failed again today, I was doing so well. When I return, I will have completed one total day of fasting, please pray for me.

LilMissSunshine5

Thanks Sarophina for your kinds words! I have found that any sacrifice we commit to make seems impossible just because we are making it LOL I had done 24h total fasts last year, so I figured 3 days would be hard, but probably not much harder...boy was I wrong! One of the toughest things I have done. My body was pleading with me to give it SOMETHING, ANYTHING (as evidenced by my lusting after cat food :) I just knew I wouldn't make it, but God did FOR me what I COULDN'T do for myself. And for me, that is what this whole process has been about...stepping further out on faith than I ever have before :yep: And He has already showed up and showed out on my behalf by reminding me of His promises, encouraging me and strengthening me. To be able to fellowship with Him knowing I am completely living according to His will has been indescribable...it is like eliminating food, facebook, random tv watching has taken away all the white noise that was preventing me from hearing God's voice. We talk all day long and I don't want that to end. As for the total fast versus Daniel fast, I wouldn't worry about it :) God knows the sacrifice you are making, and when He wants you to do more, He'll tell you! He certainly told me :lol: But I believe God called me to do the total fast for 3 days (after kicking and screaming to avoid it :look:) bc He really needed to humble me and start to break through that stronghold of pride I have...He has really been convicting me about it and I can't run from it anymore. Either I am going to change or I'm not, I'm going to live for Him or I'm not...no more gray area. I will say that there is one benefit from doing the total fast first- it makes the Daniel fast not seem so bad LOL I was like I can eat so many things hahaha I was in the grocery store in the produce aisle almost skipping around looking at all the choices :lachen: :lachen: But even today, I didn't eat all that much after my initial gorge on cashews LOL It is like it is not as important anymore...I felt hungry, but I was having a deep spiritual convo with my roommate and that was more important. And I think that was the point God was trying to get me to. To realize my own needs and desires are not more important than serving Him and helping His people. I think I am finally starting to get it :) My roommate has also decided to commit to fasting after going back and forth since Sunday, so I am praising God that He is already causing breakthroughs in my life :)

Jyn, it is like I can feel your pain & disappointment through the computer and my heart hurts for you :sad: But our God is so good that everyday is a new day with a clean slate! That stuff is behind you, over and done with. Please don't feel shame or guilt bc that will just set the stage for further disappointment. Jesus loves you and knows your struggle...He will honor your sacrifice (that you have already made and what you will make from here on out)! He knows how hard you are trying! Just keep getting back up and strive to depend on Him more each time...you can do it! God will strengthen you and help you and we are here for support too :) Please feel free to message me anytime to vent, for prayer, encouragement, whatever you need! We are all part of the Body of Christ, so we all need to help each other through our own individual battles. These are two scriptures that encouraged me today:

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled" Matthew 5:6

"So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition, in fasting" Daniel 9:3

Be encouraged! You all are in my prayers!

lovely008

The daily blogs on Jentezen Franklin's site are so encouraging, I don't know if it's been linked but here it is: Blog | Jentezen Franklin

Here's the blog for today that got my focus in the right direction regarding this fast. God bless you all!

Fasting Movement Day 6: An Act of Worship
As we conclude our first week of fasting I want to share with you a simple truth that the Lord made very real to me today. Let me start by saying that we must remember that fasting is an act of worship to the Lord. The scriptures say that Anna the prophetess, “served God with fastings and prayers night and day” (Luke 2:37.) In Acts 13:2 the scriptures say that a group of prophets and teachers “ministered to the Lord and fasted.” You see fasting is all about worship. I am not saying that we should worship on the fast; I am saying that fasting is worship.

In order for our motive to be right in fasting, we must remember this truth. The only way our rewards can be limited in the kingdom of God is if we have impure motives. The Lord spoke very clearly to my heart and said, “Up until today you fasted for yourself, but now it is time to fast for Me.”

Is it possible that we could be fasting for ourselves? By now we have shed a few pounds and we “feel” better about our spiritual condition, but those are only by-products of fasting. In Matthew 6 the Lord talks about 3 spiritual disciplines that should be a part of the life of every believer: giving, praying and fasting. His objective is not to encourage us to do them, but rather to instruct us regarding the posture of our hearts while doing them. His discourse on each discipline begins with, “when you give…, when you pray… and when you fast…” Through those scriptures we see it is possible to lose the rewards of fasting because of impure motives.

So then what should be the posture of our hearts while fasting? Simply that He is worthy for our entire lives to be laid before His feet. He is worthy of the sacrifice of 21 days. Look with me at Mark 14:3.

And being in Bethany at the house of Simon the leper, as He sat at the table, a woman came having an alabaster flask of very costly oil of spikenard. Then she broke the flask and poured it on His head.

For the first few days of the fast I have been asking the Lord to anoint me for the upcoming year. But my prayer is changing. Is it impossible that the Lord would allow me to anoint Him? I could imagine for three years the crowds thronged Jesus to receive miracles and healing. The disciples huddled around Him to receive special revelation of parables. This appears to be the first time since Jesus’ birth that someone entered His presence only to bless Him.

In John 12 the scriptures tell us that this woman is Mary and that the oil she anointed Jesus with was equal to, if not more than, one year’s income. In other words, she poured out an entire year upon Jesus. That is our motive for fasting. He is worthy of our entire 2011. We are pouring our lives out to Him in an act of worship because He is worthy to receive it.

Jesus responds to Mary by saying, “…wherever the gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told as a memorial to her” (Mark 14:9). Jesus spoke to Mary’s destiny and future as a result of her worship. Isn’t that what we want, for our Father to speak His blessings over this entire year?

My friends we should not ask for His anointing until we have first anointed Him. We should not ask for His blessing until we have first blessed Him. Out of the entire universe we possess the only thing that God does not have and that is “ourselves.” Yes we belong to Him in an omnipotent way, but our affection and worship must be offered to Him willingly.

It is not wrong to ask Him for healing, wealth and favor for this year, because He is our Father and He desires to show His blessing in our lives. However, when we pour ourselves upon Him, He will pour Himself upon us and in Him is everything we need.

Mary is told that wherever the gospel goes, her story will be there too. As we pour out our lives to the Father, He will allow us to accompany the gospel. Where He is working this year, we will be there. There will be natural disasters, financial loss and major tragedies this year; as well as great salvations, revivals and miracles. Whether in disaster or revival it is those whose lives have been poured out that will be where He is working.

Anna and the group of men that I mentioned earlier ministered and served the Lord through fasting. Before we preach, prophesy or serve people; we are starting this year by ministering to the Lord. That is our ministry to people, to first minister to Him. When starting the year with fasting He anoints us to be where the gospel is at work!

Blessings,
Pastor Marvin

DreamLife

So I did well on Monday and Tuesday, messed UP on Wednesday and got back on the bandwagon on Thursday. Thursday I was so disgusted with myself, I had so many thoughts of "Ugh I just want to quit, you already messed up so what's the use, you're done" but I kept praying. This week a prayer was answered through an email, something that I have been waiting for for months! God is really working things out and I just have to keep pressing and asking for guidance. I'm at a point in life where staying the same is just not an option. I'm expecting even more great things to happen. I feel sad b/c I'm not doing a full fast, but I'm starting to realize just how much certain foods have had a stronghold on me. Even though I've eaten I'm still hungry and I want this or that certain processed food :perplexed.

Last edited:

Sarophina

I agree, I thought the daniel fast would be easy, but it's proven it is not. I failed again today, I was doing so well. When I return, I will have completed one total day of fasting, please pray for me.

I will def. pray for you.

As LilMissSunshine5 said, the wonderful thing is his mercies are new each morning. It's not easy denying the flesh, the enemy is quick to try to stop it. But, I believe in the power of God and I believe he will see you through the rest of your fast. :yep:

Sometimes us righteous folk fall down, but the diff. between us and the world, is we get right back up :)

Uniqzoe

Lovely008,thanks so much for posting that I really needed that encouragement and reminder. This is my 2nd week of the fast as I started on the 3rd and although I have not had problems sticking to the fast, I have not spent as much time in prayer as I should. I look forward the remainder of my fast and getting closer with the Lord.

luthiengirlie

This fast has been world shaking... I met a man of GOd a real one.. not a phony but we are in prayer and guidance.. I was held at knifepoint last night but YHWH has shown out and today I am cleaning out my closet... HE IS MOVING IN BIG WAYS THAT i NEVER EXPECTED

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
This fast has been world shaking... I met a man of GOd a real one.. not a phony but we are in prayer and guidance..

I was held at knifepoint last night

but YHWH has shown out and today I am cleaning out my closet... HE IS MOVING IN BIG WAYS THAT i NEVER EXPECTED

WHAT ! ? ? ? ! ! ! ! ? ? ?

Did you say KNIFEPOINT ? ???

What on earth happen? I praise God for keeping you from further harm and that you are hear today to give Him praises.

:bighug:

We love you Sweetheart :love5: :circle:

Sarophina

What on earth happen? I praise God for keeping you from further harm and that you are hear today to give Him praises.

Lol, mte, I like how casually you stated you were robbed :/
I hope all is well and congrats on finding a man who loves God. Their like unicorns I tell ya :)

DreamLife

This fast has been world shaking... I met a man of GOd a real one.. not a phony but we are in prayer and guidance.. I was held at knifepoint last night but YHWH has shown out and today I am cleaning out my closet... HE IS MOVING IN BIG WAYS THAT i NEVER EXPECTED

Wow! Praise God that you are ok!

I'm so glad that everyone is continually updating this thread. I am still going, and am soooo anxious about school/work and upcoming things this week and month. There are not enough hours in the day for me to get all of these things accomplished and I feel trapped, but I know that God is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all that we can ask or think! Getting this surprise email looked impossible last week but it happened...I need to stop limiting God!I need to pray A LOT more on this fast, especially for strength.

Zeal

luthiengirlie - praise God that yoo are OK.

Please pray for me. know it may seem funny. But I just saw a Nationwide commercial and at the the end the man was singing NationPam is on your.... and I was singing SPAM. I so have a taste for Turkey Spam. SMH.

There is none here. I want some meat yall. LOL

So guess what I will pray. When you start craving that is your signal to go to knee bone valley.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I hope all is well and congrats on finding a man who loves God. Their like unicorns I tell ya :)

Sarophina.... you quoted my post by mistake. :Rose:

luthiengirlie

:grin: DON'T get me wrong.. I was very shocked and very caught off guard and it took me the night to process it.. BUT if anything IT'S SHOWN ME.. who I'm serving.. WHO Yeshua is... He's more Gangsta than anybody out there.. and i"m proud to be His ride or die girl!!!!!!

I am so grateful and I am praisiing HIm.. He is so wonderful... MORE wonderful than I ever dreamed

luthiengirlie

luthiengirlie - praise God that yoo are OK.

Please pray for me. know it may seem funny. But I just saw a Nationwide commercial and at the the end the man was singing NationPam is on your.... and I was singing SPAM. I so have a taste for Turkey Spam. SMH.

There is none here. I want some meat yall. LOL

So guess what I will pray. When you start craving that is your signal to go to knee bone valley.

I will pray.. I will pray.... :d

luthiengirlie

WELL we will see.. but the Holy SPirit has said "Let him hunt you".. but it's hard you wanna talk to him and all that but... He needs prey